Diamond Lounge

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

They can try like they tried to get money for Pizza ...

so i guess we should flood the appropriate channels with our displeasure 💃🏻😅😂 to see if we can ensure this potential voucher threat goes away…

it’s the vouchers that keep me sailing royal tbh. between the fares rising and the new wave of cruisers, as much as i love central park and oasis class — it’s a lot. have been exploring other lines and fares just to see what’s out there because there’s just a lot of “noise” these days. 

ironically, i will have made diamond plus after our sailing in december — but i know that there is NO way i make it to pinnacle unless i marry a captain of the fleet 😂 

diamond plus is wonderful for me; and 5 vouchers a day means i don’t have to buy a water package and can have champagne with dinner. maybe a corona at lunch. that’s it for me 😂

On 9/29/2023 at 8:46 AM, RCL_Cruiser_Dan said:

Rumor or fact?

IMG_3320.jpeg

Interesting, a couple of weeks before this was announced we were discussing why the Diamond lounge was named/branded the Diamond Lounge as its actually and "upper tier" benefit - D, D+, P.  I can see how the renaming makes sense to all the upper tier, would think it could confuse the newer cruisers who will mistake it for just being a member of the C&A program.

I got a couple of future cruises booked. I realize how lucky I am to be able to cruise often and to live close to a port. I’m a glass half full optimist and always look for the best in life and in people.

I’m addicted to the cruise life. I love the service, the crew and the food. Even if a meal may sometimes be a little bit off… it’s understandable that constant perfection is not possible on such an enormous scale. My servers are always anxious to please and will make any change or addition that I request. In fact, on all my cruises, I have never sent something back. But, that’s just me.

As far as the vouchers are concerned, I’m not a big drinker so I never use my six.. Usually two a day.

I like and appreciate the perks of my loyalty status. I mean, they can come and go at any time as the company sees fit to tweak them…either expanding, adjusting or even removing something.

As Super Mario has said time and again…the free WiFi perk that comes with reaching P is a big thing. I agree. I very much appreciate not being charged for WiFi every cruise. I thought the company might have reconsidered that perk post-shutdown when StarLink was added and prices went up. They could have easily justified removing the free WiFi and offering it at a discounted price. But they didn’t.

I don’t really frequent the loyalty lounges except maybe in the early morning for coffee. At that time they are usually sparsely occupied. I’m not a big conversationalist and can usually, if not always, be seen working on my iPad…or reading my smartphone.

I consider myself ‘low maintenance’…lol.

But, that’s just me…and this is just my opinion.

Hi. My name is Brian and I’m a Cruisaholic.

Maybe now there will be fewer Diamond members shunning Pinnacles who visit this lounge.  

Despite being able to access another lounge at times many Pinnacles will use the Crown Lounge to meet friends who aren't Pinnacle.  It wasn't unheard of for some Diamond member to tell a Pinnacle to get out of "their" lounge.  

It is being reported elsewhere that during the evening Happy Hour (5-8pm), only D+ and Pinnacle will be allowed in the "Crown Lounge." D's will be allowed at all other times.

There was a picture of the standard letter from the Diamond Crown Lounge Concierge stating as such but no mention of the ship or sail date.

EDIT: Someone said it was from Quantum based on the name of the concierge.

25 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It is being reported elsewhere that during the evening Happy Hour (5-8pm), only D+ and Pinnacle will be allowed in the "Crown Lounge." D's will be allowed at all other times.

There was a picture of the standard letter from the Diamond Crown Lounge Concierge stating as such but no mention of the ship or sail date.

Seems kind of an odd thing to do since the happy hour isn't an open bar anymore.  It would make sense in the old days. Unless this is a quiet trial of what response will be. Or this just due to Quantum's current itinerary being a relocation cruise.

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Seems kind of an odd thing to do since the happy hour isn't an open bar anymore.  It would make sense in the old days. Unless this is a quiet trial of what response will be.

That was my thinking but who knows?

I primarily sail when school is out when the D and above numbers are low and the DL is always empty but others have had different experiences... although they seemed to often be on smaller ships and/or during school.

34 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm going with this just being a special circumstance (or a perfect time to test it out) due to Quantum heading from Hawaii to Australia. 

People are reporting receiving the letter on Mariner and Wonder as well. There's more in the thread across the street now.

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

People are reporting receiving the letter on Mariner and Wonder as well. There's more in the thread across the street now.

If this is going to be a fleetwide thing, that's pretty bush league of RC to say "don't worry, access isn't changing" then to change it a couple weeks later.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

That person is incorrect. I am currently on the Quantum Hawaii to Brisbane trip. Jullia Kaihatu is our Diamond Concierge and we did not receive that notice as part of our welcome letter.  

That said, the (still called Diamond Lounge here) has been pretty active and when I stopped by during happy hour yesterday, it was packed. We have 450 Diamonds, 262 D+, and 30 Pinnacles onboard. Pinnacles may also use the Suite/Concierge Lounge on this cruise. 

4 minutes ago, FloatyBoaty said:

That person is incorrect. I am currently on the Quantum Hawaii to Brisbane trip. Jullia Kaihatu is our Diamond Concierge and we did not receive that notice as part of our welcome letter.

Thanks, that letter seems to have actually come from Wonder based on subsequent posts.

We boarded Mariner on 10-13-21 and our welcome letter says nothing about limiting access to Diamonds any time of the day/night.  This week, due to the number of Pinns onboard, Pinns are not permitted into the Suites Lounge but next week (our first week as Pinns), we will be allowed in !  Yippee !  Forgive the sideways image.

image.thumb.png.517ea5fb63c99538dae666a6313fbb3d.png

15 minutes ago, Jill said:

To confirm:

Just to be clear, because I will admit to not actually reading the posted letter closely enough earlier, it specifically says "due to the high number of top tier members on THIS CRUISE, we've made a slight adjustment..."

This certainly seems to indicate it will be a cruise by cruise determination based on the volume of top tier members aboard.

58 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just to be clear, because I will admit to not actually reading the posted letter closely enough earlier, it specifically says "due to the high number of top tier members on THIS CRUISE, we've made a slight adjustment..."

This certainly seems to indicate it will be a cruise by cruise determination based on the volume of top tier members aboard.

Yes I agree. Changing the name to Crown gives them the ability to be flexible. 

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Wasn't that the same exact excuse they used to kick Diamond+ out of the Concierge Lounge for like every single sailing?

10 hours ago, asquared17 said:

yay raye!!! so happy you and dan will be pinns 😊 makes up a little for the no-sail time, i hope 💚💚@WAAAYTOOO

also i am probably still in the minority here, but im holding strong with being barred from the lounge during 5-8 (if needed) as long as i still have my vouchers. 💃🏻

Thanks, A.  It has been an wonderful cruise so far.  As expected, the Loyalty Ambassador advised us that we would remain D+ throughout the remainder of this cruise but would be full-fledged Pinns next week.  The Pinns had been run out of the Suites Lounge this week, due to their numbers (I think there are 55 on board) so we didn't really miss anything this week but next week the Pinn numbers are lower, so we will be able to get in.  It's not that big a deal anyway as all I ever do is get morning coffee...I can do that just fine in the CL. ...however, we will be able to get in if we choose to.

Just for information....we got our Pinn ceremony yesterday (day #3) where we went up on stage and got our photo snapped with the LA and the Capt.  I was thrilled that I did NOT trip going up or down the stage stairs nor did I burst into tears of joy as I had expected to do.   Dan had planned on doing the moon walk across the stage after the ceremony but decided not to do that.  (JK) LOL  They delivered a very cute pineapple-shaped cake to our room along with a bottle of bubbly.  We are not big sweets-eaters but we took the cake to breakfast this morning and each had a taste.  I hated wasting the rest of the cake but we were never going to eat it.  Now, at least it's out of our room !  I'm sure the fish will love it.  We had been expecting a certificate for a complimentary specialty dining meal (re: info from other Pinns) but apparently they have put that little perk off until you reach 1400 points so no freebie dinner for us this time.  Next week will start receiving complimentary internet (hallelujah !!) so I have cancelled all of the internet packages that I had previously pre-paid.  We will also be able to go to Chop's for breakfast starting next week and that's one of the perks I'm most excited about.  No more WJ or MDR mania...for breakfast, at least.

The LA mentioned that for the rest of this calendar year, the Pinn numbers are below (at least, right now) the 50 person threshold on Mariner so Pinns will be permitted into the SL on future cruises for the time being.  She did not mention anything about Diamonds being rationed into the CL but I also did not think to ask about this, so that's really not much help, I guess.