Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal poor customer care dealing with Anthem

@gatorskin76 I hope you weren't offended by anything I said. I respect everyone's opinions and would hope mine would be respected as well. I just really hate the "owed" philosophy. I exclusively travel in October; which can be hurricane season, shoulder, rainy, and winter. All sorts of things have happened on my vacations but I go in accepting the risk.

RC would not go, after all that prep, and immediately cancel. The fact that they ended up offering the refund option is amazing.

40 minutes ago, ctwilliams said:

Now Monday....I am going to wait it out. They are covering hotel costs. Short cruise, but life is crazy sometimes.

We will set sail from Cape Liberty, New Jersey on Monday, February 10th. We’re currently finalizing our itinerary and compensation details and will share the details with you at 2:00 PM EST. We are trying our best to still make this a great experience for you.

BROADWAY SHOWS!!!  Come From Away and Ain't To Proud To Beg would be top of my list.

This must be a pain for tons, but I always recommend a Broadway Show when life deals you lemons.

😉

Seem Royal is now stepping up.

Per: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/anthem-of-the-seas-updates

As we advised, if you no longer want to sail, we completely understand, you’ll receive a full refund. You do not need to do anything to cancel, no need to call or contact us for this, as we want to make it as easy for you as possible. If you do not show up to the pier on Monday, we will understand that you decided not join us and we will automatically process your refund. You should see it on your account 3-5 days after our updated departure.

3 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

As we advised, if you no longer want to sail, we completely understand, you’ll receive a full refund. You do not need to do anything to cancel, no need to call or contact us for this, as we want to make it as easy for you as possible. If you do not show up to the pier on Monday, we will understand that you decided not join us and we will automatically process your refund. You should see it on your account 3-5 days after our updated departure.

That should take care of it and I hope @Coach9 and their families are now headed home with some sort of peace of mind.

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

I kept thinking, as some people were complaining that they weren't doing enough, "Just hang tight, this isn't over, their offers may change with time."  Auto-refunding for no shows without any communication is pretty awesome. Definitely disappointing, and inconvenient for those who've planned their week/vacation around it, but I think Royal is taking what is a really unfortunate situation, that they did not create, ,and doing their best with it.  I do feel for those whose vacations are altered, though.

16 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@gatorskin76 I hope you weren't offended by anything I said. I respect everyone's opinions and would hope mine would be respected as well. I just really hate the "owed" philosophy. I exclusively travel in October; which can be hurricane season, shoulder, rainy, and winter. All sorts of things have happened on my vacations but I go in accepting the risk.

RC would not go, after all that prep, and immediately cancel. The fact that they ended up offering the refund option is amazing.

I actually didn’t understand your post at first, but went back now and I get it.  No worries. FWIW, I don’t think that’s me at all.  I was never saying that RCL should necessarily give anything, just that due to the unique circumstance of the corona deal that I could understand someone being frustrated.

Next worry reading over my annual insurance policy... one of the exclusions is "an epidemic".

GENERAL EXCLUSIONS

This  policy does  not  provide  coverage  for  any  loss  that  results  directly  or  indirectly  from  any  of  the  following general exclusions if they affect  you, a  traveling companion, or a  family member:

15. An  epidemic

DEFINITIONS

Epidemic: A  contagious  disease  that  spreads  rapidly  and  widely  among  the  population  in  an area  and  which  is  recognized  as  an  epidemic  by  the  World  Health  Organization (WHO) or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

So far on the WHO and CDC site about the virus doing a quick glance/search for the word "epidemic" I didn't find any results.

@SpeedNoodles That was my assessment too. I know there was a lot of frustration about the lack of communication but its hard to be transparent when you don't have all the facts. I am sure that RC will cover some hotel stays because of their insurance. But they may set restrictions like only for those choosing to continue on with the cruise.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, sk8erguy1978 said:

I once took a flight delayed by TWELVE hours. United screwed around from 6PM until 11PM with repeated delays, then finally pushed the flight until 6AM. At one point we boarded the plane and after sitting at the gate for about 30 minutes had to deplane (in the middle of the 6P to 11P nonsense).

Long-time lurker here, but just had to come out of the shadows for this one.  Was that the  flight from EWR to Las Vegas last August, by any chance?

1 hour ago, roundabout said:

Long-time lurker here, but just had to come out of the shadows for this one.  Was that the  flight from EWR to Las Vegas last August, by any chance?

Nope. It was the 6:00PM flight on March 15th, 2019 flight UA 2216. Crazy flight, changed our gate a few times too, had us running around the terminal like sheep. We deplaned because the crew said they were about to "time out" and they never got another crew. Not sure if it was United, EWR, weather or a combination.

Glad to see United, EWR and Vegas runs are consistently late lol.