Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

I hate kids....


GregD
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

We are on the Oasis on March 8 also. My wife has many clients in preschool settings.  I think our hand sanitizer bill leading up to the trip may rival the cruise fare! 🤣🤣

I work in a facility that you have to key punch to gain access to the work spaces. That is a virtual hot-zone of sickness so I have started wearing gloves when I have to punch in. Yes, everyone laughs at me but I feel like the picture above...don't mess with my cruise with your sickness. Germ-X is going fast at my desk  - is it good as a mouthwash  😝

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the child tested positive for the flu. She has been quarantined to the shed in our back yard. Food/drink will be sent via sling shot.......Just kidding.....sorta. She does have the flu, she has started Tamiflu and scripts have been sent to the pharmacy for the rest of us just in case. Currently disinfecting the entire house and stocking up on OJ etc. We have all been taking immunity boosting vitamins so hopefully the rest of us will be spared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tamiflu can work wonders.  

I hope it's as successful for her as it was for me.

 

I got back to Maine last Saturday night and all of a sudden I felt like a truck hit me.  I tested positive for Influenza B Sunday morning and was prescribed Tamiflu.   With my doctor's blessing, I went to work today. Tamiflu really lessened the blow.

The worst part was the fever and body aches.  Controlling those were key for me Sun-Tues.  

I hope she isn't too miserable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Really, really sorry to hear it.  The good news is, you likely have time for it to run its course.

That's what we are hoping. If the rest of us can avoid catching it, we will be good.

2 hours ago, RickinSTL said:

Send them to their grandparents!

 

Even better, I am sending her to New Jersey for the weekend! She is supposed to compete in a cheer leading competition on Saturday. So she and her Mother, who is the coach, are taking off for New Jersey tomorrow morning with the hopes that she is well enough by Saturday afternoon for their time slot to compete. The whole team has been passing the flu around to each other for the past few weeks, and she is one of the last to come down with it. 

1 hour ago, teddy said:

Tamiflu can work wonders.  

I hope it's as successful for her as it was for me.

I hope she isn't too miserable.

Yes, we know the wonders of Tamiflu and have used it in the past. She did get her flu shot, which does help lessen the blow if you do get the flu, and so far she actually is in good spirits. She had a little bit of fever earlier, obviously since that prompted the call from the school nurse, but has been fever free since her MD appointment. Hopefully this will be a really mild case for her.

IMG_2903.thumb.jpg.d1246ce0312d0570fc22c39311c9c87c.jpg 

In the mean time, we have stocked up and are prepared!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Tim B. said:

I work in a facility that you have to key punch to gain access to the work spaces. That is a virtual hot-zone of sickness so I have started wearing gloves when I have to punch in. Yes, everyone laughs at me but I feel like the picture above...don't mess with my cruise with your sickness. Germ-X is going fast at my desk  - is it good as a mouthwash  😝

Use your knuckles instead of the tips of your fingers. to key punch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:

Typhoid Mary has been banished to another state with her mother for the cheerleading competition. She has been fever free and acting her usual self since about 3pm yesterday so hopefully the Tamiflu keeps working it’s wonders. We are optimistic that we will all be healthy and ready for a well earned and desired vacation. It’s currently snowing hard enough here in NY that I just lost power.....yay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, emsff02 said:

Update:

Typhoid Mary has been banished to another state with her mother for the cheerleading competition. She has been fever free and acting her usual self since about 3pm yesterday so hopefully the Tamiflu keeps working it’s wonders. We are optimistic that we will all be healthy and ready for a well earned and desired vacation. It’s currently snowing hard enough here in NY that I just lost power.....yay

I wanted to simultaneously give reactions for love (child showing great improvement), sad (lost power) and laugh (typhoid Mary reference). Had to average it out to just "Like". 🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I wanted to simultaneously give reactions for love (child showing great improvement), sad (lost power) and laugh (typhoid Mary reference). Had to average it out to just "Like". 🤪

I know how you feel. It’s been an interesting day. The power came back on WAY sooner than National Greed said it would so it’s time for this...B7BEC469-6C7E-4202-A8FB-6F305D89DF19.thumb.jpeg.aa1063d4faba2ceefb3794634cb343f9.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, emsff02 said:

I know how you feel. It’s been an interesting day. The power came back on WAY sooner than National Greed said it would so it’s time for this...B7BEC469-6C7E-4202-A8FB-6F305D89DF19.thumb.jpeg.aa1063d4faba2ceefb3794634cb343f9.jpeg

Whiskey, Zicam, DayQuil and NyQuil, knocked out a small cold in about 3 days.

As far as your kid, sounds like it's time they learn to live on their own 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last thing I want to do is start a debate/discussion/argument on healthcare.  This is not my intent.  This is genuine question:

Please forgive my ignorance, but are Flu shots not paid for in the United States?

I think children can receive them very early on (not sure, but potentially after they are over the age of 1).

My Father-in-law lives with us (90 years young) and we (me, my soulmate and even our children who have flown the nest) always get one.  We assume it is the best way to defend against the Flu

Curt from Canada

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Curt From Canada said:

The last thing I want to do is start a debate/discussion/argument on healthcare.  This is not my intent.  This is genuine question:

Please forgive my ignorance, but are Flu shots not paid for in the United States?

I think children can receive them very early on (not sure, but potentially after they are over the age of 1).

My Father-in-law lives with us (90 years young) and we (me, my soulmate and even our children who have flown the nest) always get one.  We assume it is the best way to defend against the Flu

Curt from Canada

Most insurance will cover flu shots. Not everyone has insurance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...