Jump to content

Crown & Anchor Pin


Adriana
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, this is a really silly question; do any of you wear the Crown & Anchor lapel pin? I read a couple of places that it is a good idea to wear it and on my last cruise, my servers suggested to wear my pin. I get someone who is at the Pinnacle level, that would be like a badge of blessings, but not sure about the others. I am pretty excited to sail this year for the first time as a Diamond, so if there is a pretty, sparkly diamond on the pin, then we are talking!! ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Adriana said:

So, this is a really silly question; do any of you wear the Crown & Anchor lapel pin? I read a couple of places that it is a good idea to wear it and on my last cruise, my servers suggested to wear my pin. I get someone who is at the Pinnacle level, that would be like a badge of blessings, but not sure about the others. I am pretty excited to sail this year for the first time as a Diamond, so if there is a pretty, sparkly diamond on the pin, then we are talking!! ? 

I wore mine to the Diamond Lounge once, and then lost the pin later that cruise.  I thought they would need it for ID, but the lounges generally use your Sea Pass (the door is typically closed so you scan yourself in). 

My advice is to save it as a souvenir, or put in on your SeaPass lanyard, etc.  At any rate, congratulations!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On our previous sailing there was a group of about 20 Pinnacles in the Suite Lounge. They all arrived early and as a group commandeered the best seats in the lounge for happy hour offerings. This group proudly wore their pins and did this every evening, but they gave me JOY!  I loved seeing them, so inspiring; everyone simply put was young at heart while not in years and I thought how wonderful for them, I want to be them when I reach that age. They were a quiet group and I felt like celebrating with them/for them as I thought "now that is how you do it"

With so many nights under their belts I was happy for them and in awe, I gathered the courage to break into the group one evening and the warmth, stories and information they shared left me wanting more. So while I have no desire to wear my pins given moving forward, on the day I reach Pinnacle I will proudly wear it, as it represents to me a celebration, I worked hard and played hard.  (So keep those window seats, you've  earned them!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

I wore mine to the Diamond Lounge once, and then lost the pin later that cruise.  I thought they would need it for ID, but the lounges generally use your Sea Pass (the door is typically closed so you scan yourself in). 

My advice is to save it as a souvenir, or put in on your SeaPass lanyard, etc.  At any rate, congratulations!

Thank you!! I agree, I doubt I will wear mine, I know I will lose it. I am not against anyone wearing it, just not for me...until I reach Pinnacle in like thirty years, then I will wear it everywhere! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

On our previous sailing there was a group of about 20 Pinnacles in the Suite Lounge. They all arrived early and as a group commandeered the best seats in the lounge for happy hour offerings. This group proudly wore their pins and did this every evening, but they gave me JOY!  I loved seeing them, so inspiring; everyone simply put was young at heart while not in years and I thought how wonderful for them, I want to be them when I reach that age. They were a quiet group and I felt like celebrating with them/for them as I thought "now that is how you do it"

With so many nights under their belts I was happy for them and in awe, I gathered the courage to break into the group one evening and the warmth, stories and information they shared left me wanting more. So while I have no desire to wear my pins given moving forward, on the day I reach Pinnacle I will proudly wear it, as it represents to me a celebration, I worked hard and played hard.  (So keep those window seats, you've  earned them!)

Thank you and exactly!! I don’t think I will wear mine, but I love to see the Pinnacle ones. For the most part, they are folks who have lived many great years, have had the blessing to sail and have wonderful stories to share. They have not been rude, but happy to share a conversation. I am with you, if I get to Pinnacle one day, I will proudly wear it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, bytheslice said:

I am a pin collector. The other day I found my diamond and another level pin along with my sea pass cards, compasses, etc. The pins were still attached to their cardboard. Forgot I had them and never added them to my "valued" pins. ?

I like that! They are treasured memories. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In this thread a video of an Ultimate Panoramic Suite was added.  The young couple are Pinnacles and wear their P badges nearly everywhere.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/17811-ultimate-panoramic-suite-on-oasis/&do=findComment&comment=183549

Even on their football jerseys to watch a game at Playmakers.

They are the Godparents of Symphony and are well known in Royal circles, but still.  Wearing the pin everywhere?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, twangster said:

In this thread a video of an Ultimate Panoramic Suite was added.  The young couple are Pinnacles and wear their P badges nearly everywhere.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/17811-ultimate-panoramic-suite-on-oasis/&do=findComment&comment=183549

Even on their football jerseys to watch a game at Playmakers.

They are the Godparents of Symphony and are well known in Royal circles, but still.  Wearing the pin everywhere?

I lived in South Beach too many years and am beyond tired of that attitude. The Pinnacles that I like listening to and hope to be one day are folks with more years, class and earned stories to share. I am with you, wearing pins everywhere def would not be my style. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I'm the other way... I grabbed a post it  and a pen wrote "GOLD C+A" on it and  proudly rub everyone's nose in it! ?

 

Actually kind of sad that my old days time in suites was treated so poorly. less than a point a day or I'd be a proud Platinum...  Work schedules during my career didn't allow much time for cruising and I had spent a lot of time on other lines before I found RCL...  I'm loyal to them even if they aren't so much...

 

I am on a mission to get to diamond as soon as plausible... 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2020 at 5:29 PM, twangster said:

In this thread a video of an Ultimate Panoramic Suite was added.  The young couple are Pinnacles and wear their P badges nearly everywhere.  

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/17811-ultimate-panoramic-suite-on-oasis/&do=findComment&comment=183549

Even on their football jerseys to watch a game at Playmakers.

They are the Godparents of Symphony and are well known in Royal circles, but still.  Wearing the pin everywhere?

I survived exactly 2 1/2 minutes of that video before I had to turn it off.  I guess I'm old and just don't like fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...