Jump to content

Royal Up offers


Kent
 Share

Recommended Posts

So what happens if you placed bids on a credit card and the credit card is declined for some reason or another?  Do they give you a chance to submit alternative form of payment or just simply cancel the bid?

In these last two weeks, my family had a run of bad luck and spent over $4k on emergency things.  I will pay off the charges at the end of the month, but if Royal Up accepts our bids before then, I may be screwed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

So what happens if you placed bids on a credit card and the credit card is declined for some reason or another?  Do they give you a chance to submit alternative form of payment or just simply cancel the bid?

In these last two weeks, my family had a run of bad luck and spent over $4k on emergency things.  I will pay off the charges at the end of the month, but if Royal Up accepts our bids before then, I may be screwed.

yes, they'll email you & give you a chance to edit payment. make sure to be on top of your emails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2022 at 10:21 AM, Va4fam said:

 

They definitely went down earlier this year when the new variant caused a lot of cancellations.   Some of the minimums went down significantly. 

COVID variants caused some blips, but normally minimums don't go down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Congrats.  We are JS and still waiting.  Bummed right now, but will be happy either way

Keep on checking - when we did our RoyalUp to a JS from a Balcony it processed two days before. I'm surprised ours came through this early! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

silly question, we recently have a gty balcony at boardwalk for all 4 of us (me, my husband and 2 young kids 5 & 7) currently, the stateroom is near the inner part of the ship not the outter part near the ocean. (my husband setup the room without knowing what we’d get 🙈- first time cruisers) 

But I REALLY want to try for an ocean view balcony. (I don’t need anything nicer personally- 🙂)  

With it being all 4 of us in one cabin.
Would it be better just to call royal Caribbean to see if they can give us and upgrade Or try our luck in royalup? 
we are going on the allure of the seas in may. 
 

thanks for any advice. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, netlynn2007 said:

Would it be better just to call royal Caribbean to see if they can give us and upgrade Or try our luck in royalup? 

You can call and see what it would cost you to upgrade outright to the OV balcony.  If it's reasonable enough it may be worth it to you to not even bother to RoyalUp when that comes available.  If you do upgrade on your own through Royal, you will likely still get the opportunity to participate in RoyalUp to an even better cabin such as a JS which would give you that OV balcony, lots more cabin space for the four of you and a bathtub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I would just pay for an upgrade unless it is prohibitively expensive.  The chances of getting a successful RoyalUp are quickly diminishing with increased ship capacity.  On the other hand, we sailed in 3 Boardwalk balconies in the past and actually enjoyed it very much.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Breeda said:

Ditto. It's driving me crazy!  I check daily 🤣

I tried to do a fake booking for Symphony 4/30 the highest category to purchase now is JS.  Its interesting to watch how it changes so quickly. 

A few days ago you could even get an Aqua, plus, OS, CLS, and GS.  However, the only JS you could get was a guaranteed, no cabin choice.   Today, no JS gty , but 2 cabins deck 11 and 12 OV, one even on the hump.  The price drop was pretty significant too.  Still much more than I paid, but than again I have had to lift and shift for Symphony since May 2020....covid  plus family/work 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’re on the 4/30 Symphony and I’ve done so many mock bookings yesterday my head is about to spin. In the morning most of the suites available from previous days were still there, 4 hours later only one of each and like 30 minutes after that only a GJS. I think they’re playing around with the rooms bc all those suites can’t be sold out in 4 hours and then temporarily put back on, then off again as they were doing all day yesterday. I’ve stopped looking at it and  am impatiently awaiting the royalup email lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect when you do a mock booking and actually select a cabin, that cabin gets removed from the available inventory for some period. I had that happen when my wife was looking at a booking on her computer and I was looking on mine. The cabin she had selected wasn't available to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, KevinJ said:

I suspect when you do a mock booking and actually select a cabin, that cabin gets removed from the available inventory for some period. I had that happen when my wife was looking at a booking on her computer and I was looking on mine. The cabin she had selected wasn't available to me.

I did not pick a cabin just looked at which ones were available on what decks.   Thus, in the 5 mins I was on all suites were sold out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do the suites (or other rooms) usually get sold out and then assigned to royalup bidders? Or is it sold out because people have already gotten accepted? My sailing in 20 days had 20 grand suites and now there are 0. Slowly went from 20 to 5 to 4 to 1 to 0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mineobi said:

Do the suites (or other rooms) usually get sold out and then assigned to royalup bidders? Or is it sold out because people have already gotten accepted? My sailing in 20 days had 20 grand suites and now there are 0. Slowly went from 20 to 5 to 4 to 1 to 0.

Suites will get sold out first. There are fewer of them, and people often pay regular price to upgrade.  RoyalUp is a third-party company. There could be no suites and you could still bid. Then you might get it because of cancellations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This may have been answered but this is a long thread!
What happens if you get your royal up big accepted closer then 48 hrs before sailing and you already bought stuff like internet? I believe cancellation is 48 hrs before sailing but you can get a royal up at any time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BeckyD said:

What categories can you bid on?  I am in an interior, and can bid to upgrade to a max of ocean view balcony.  If I were in an ocean view, could I bid on a jr suite?

Yes, the availability of categories you can bid on may be tied to the current category you are assigned.  I can say this from my experience on Freedom.  I was with family.  One had a JS, one had a OV Bal and one had an interior.  The ability to bid on various categories varied based on the cabin they were assigned to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2022 at 3:38 PM, BeckyD said:

What categories can you bid on?  I am in an interior, and can bid to upgrade to a max of ocean view balcony.  If I were in an ocean view, could I bid on a jr suite?

Hi. I am in an interior as well and can bid all the way up to a grand suite two bedroom. 
so i think it depends on whats available, what ship/class, and destination. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had an interior on OY last september and went up to a Junior Suite for a little bit over the min. bid price; we knew the reduced cappacity could give us greater chances and it did; if im not mistaken that sailing had around 800 passengers. 

 

Anyone know how prior you can get to royal up? We got a cruise in October 2nd fully paid and i've been trying to do it for quite a while now getting the 30 days message over and over; anxiety kicking in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, octaviocloss said:

We had an interior on OY last september and went up to a Junior Suite for a little bit over the min. bid price; we knew the reduced cappacity could give us greater chances and it did; if im not mistaken that sailing had around 800 passengers. 

 

Anyone know how prior you can get to royal up? We got a cruise in October 2nd fully paid and i've been trying to do it for quite a while now getting the 30 days message over and over; anxiety kicking in. 

I got aRoyal Up email on April 11 for my July 10 cruise.  I don't have one yet for my August 1 cruise; I am still getting the 30 days message on it.  So maybe 90 days?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, octaviocloss said:

We had an interior on OY last september and went up to a Junior Suite for a little bit over the min. bid price; we knew the reduced cappacity could give us greater chances and it did; if im not mistaken that sailing had around 800 passengers. 

 

Anyone know how prior you can get to royal up? We got a cruise in October 2nd fully paid and i've been trying to do it for quite a while now getting the 30 days message over and over; anxiety kicking in. 

I am not entirely sure how soon before the 30 day mark, but I kept checking and successfully logged in to place bids at around 80 days prior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, anxiouscruiser said:

Hi. I am in an interior as well and can bid all the way up to a grand suite two bedroom. 
so i think it depends on whats available, what ship/class, and destination. 

There may be some other considerations as well.  My son is going on the same cruise, also had an Interior cabin.  He could bid up to Sky Loft Suite!  Our cruise was free; his was not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 12:10 AM, Marlena said:

This may have been answered but this is a long thread!
What happens if you get your royal up big accepted closer then 48 hrs before sailing and you already bought stuff like internet? I believe cancellation is 48 hrs before sailing but you can get a royal up at any time.

I wondered the same thing. I am in a balcony and have bid for a GS, but already paid for internet.

Would I be able to refund this purchase if I got the GS as that comes with internet as part of the cabin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rickyrickuk said:

I wondered the same thing. I am in a balcony and have bid for a GS, but already paid for internet.

Would I be able to refund this purchase if I got the GS as that comes with internet as part of the cabin?

Yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rickyrickuk said:

Would I be able to refund this purchase if I got the GS as that comes with internet as part of the cabin?

Yes. If you are awarded the RoyalUp and still can cancel in the Cruise Planner you can do that and it will be refunded to your method of payment. If it's too late for the Cruise Planner, just visit the Suite Concierge or Guest Services onboard and they can refund it from there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2021 at 1:19 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

Hi my card was declined for my royal up gutted they said there try again how quickly do thwy do this dose anyone know. The funds are in my account but I didn't authorise it  as putting baby to asleep. :(. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SailOR22 said:

Booked Odyssey April 4. Submitted RoyalUp last Friday. Logged in today and saw expired bids for all star and sky class. One bid accepted for a JS moving from Balcony. Sail date is 30 days from now. 

Congrats on your RoyalUp!  It' snice when they grant them so far ahead of time. That's pretty rare, it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...