Matt, I love what you've done with the place!

Baked Alaska

35 minutes ago, Ogilthorpe said:

The new look is awesome!

On Chrome mobile on Android, I can't find the account section for sign in, PM, etc.  It is there on the desktop site, but not mobile.  Is anyone else missing this?

If you attempt to reply to any topic it will present a link to sign in.  IOS appears to be the same so it's not an Android thing.

On a Galaxy Tab it looks like the PC version so no issues there, just a phone thing that I can see.  

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

It's time to let go of IE anyway.  ?

Normally I would agree, but while connecting via VPN things work faster by spreading items across multiple browsers. These forums were one of the few sites that worked equally well on IE so it was an easy default. No longer true so Chrome, Edge, or Firefox it is.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

What do you mean it doesn't work? Which version of IE are you on?

Clicking the "quote" button doesn't open a quote/response box. Clicking on "reply to this topic" doesn't open a response box. Both open a new version of the same page at the top of the page. The look on IE has also changed significantly (doesn't look like it does in other browsers).

IE 11

image.thumb.png.6b5bd8b4f29a3c77b834cfb478f517cd.png

12 hours ago, Jill said:

Ummmm....where can I find notifications on iPhone. (Please don’t be right in front of my face ?) Maybe once someone answers it’ll appear somewhere! Lol 

On Android the notification bar pops up across the screen when you load if you have a notification, but it appears that the icon for notifications is not available on the mobile site. If you switch to the desktop site (assuming that option is available on iPhone) the notification icon is there.

Only two minor nits I have to pick after a few days using the new design:

1. Before the new design, clicking "Mark All As Read" on Page 1 of a forum would keep me on the same page as far as my back button history goes, so I could click Mark All Read, then click the back button / swipe right once to go back to the main Forums page; now, clicking Mark All Read "navigates" me in some way, so I have go back twice to hit that main Forums page
  2. Before the new design, on mobile the Mark All Read button was at the top of the screen; now I have to scroll all the way down the page to get that, which is less user-friendly when checking the site a few times a day, so there are very few unread posts at the top of the page. I guess this one's a toss-up as far as usability -- do you position the button for someone who checks in frequently, or just once every day or two? I'd argue that at the top is better because it's consistent with the desktop layout, but maybe there was enough feedback from mobile users that putting it at the bottom made more sense for most.

18 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Only two minor nits I have to pick after a few days using the new design:

1. Before the new design, clicking "Mark All As Read" on Page 1 of a forum would keep me on the same page as far as my back button history goes, so I could click Mark All Read, then click the back button / swipe right once to go back to the main Forums page; now, clicking Mark All Read "navigates" me in some way, so I have go back twice to hit that main Forums page
  2. Before the new design, on mobile the Mark All Read button was at the top of the screen; now I have to scroll all the way down the page to get that, which is less user-friendly when checking the site a few times a day, so there are very few unread posts at the top of the page. I guess this one's a toss-up as far as usability -- do you position the button for someone who checks in frequently, or just once every day or two? I'd argue that at the top is better because it's consistent with the desktop layout, but maybe there was enough feedback from mobile users that putting it at the bottom made more sense for most.

Thanks for the feedback. In both cases, this was a decision by the software developer (not me), so it could change going forward.

I might be able to tweak the template to some extent

Here is an example, Matt.  RCBlog new font contrast on top, CC on bottom half of the document.   CC font contrast is less noticeable for the message part.   Our new message font on RCBlog is too faint and lighter (and maybe smaller). 

the part with Wannacruise is the CC example.   MUcH easier on the eyes. 

thanks!

Font contrast RCBlog vs CC.JPG

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

@Matt, what do the tiny icons in the lower right of some people’s profile pics mean? So far I’ve seen a shield on @Lovetocruise2002’s pic and a hand on one or two other people.

Guessing the shield indicates a forums moderator, but what does the hand mean? Any other icons?

The hand means the individual recently joined. 

(I hovered my mouse over the icon to see what it was).

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

The best cruise blog site out there!

I can't tell you how many times on my FB groups that I tell them go to this site.

FB members can be nasty or go off topic from the OPs question.  Saw it today.  Poster asked will Symphony be one of the 1st to cruise, it would be her 1st cruise with RCL.  The posts ranged from I hope so I am suppose to sail in Nov. to you are stupid to think there will be any cruise before July 2021 (NOTE she did not state what date was her sailing, just if SoS would roll out 1st).  Not one person before me responded and said "according to RCL...."  That was all she was looking for.

I told her to come here because there is no such thing as a stupid question.