Oasis' Amplify....What do you think?

Pen

I am on that first post-AMP sailing, so I'm excited to see what changes are going to be made!  I won't have sailed her pre-AMP, but I will have been on the other three Oasis class ships to have some frame of comparison.

Playmakers and BBQ being added..super glad I got the UDP for this cruise too!!  ?

Since we come with kids, happy they are adding waterslides, Abyss (I know, sore spot for some), another (and different) laser tag, etc.  We're past the younger pool, but Splashaway Bay is also great addition for families.  Loved El Loco Fresh on Symphony so great they are adding these to more ships.  No booking on Oasis at this time, but would happily book it.  Think they made some good decision.

I'm sure many are anxious to hear if Cats is being replaced as i'ts not mentioned.

"Cats" has ran its course...time to move on to something better. Very fond of the Caribbean style resort area and Coconut & Lime Bar additions, as it is on Navigator OTS. Not to fun of Abyss; but, kool with it...helps spread the activities & congestion around the ship. Wish they could update the zipline to go around the back-half of the ship, around Windjammer, using rollers so it can curve around vs cables & a straight line, short ride, pattern. 

I really enjoyed Dazzles...the Music Hall on Anthem was fun too...so it's the best of both worlds. Wife will be thrilled of the BBQ joint...hopefully, Royal come up with a different them on each Oasis Class Ship...seafood on Symphony & Harmony, pork on Oasis & Allure, whatever on O5 & O6. ?

1 minute ago, Andrew72681 said:

I’m hoping the slides are more like Navigator and less like Harmony. The Navigator slides were a big step up. 

The Navigator slides look amazing.  Would there be room for these types of slides?  Perfect storm are more contained to a specific space.

42 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

The Navigator slides look amazing.  Would there be room for these types of slides?  Perfect storm are more contained to a specific space.

My guess would be that the bigger problem is the height of the slides. Navigator’s tower seems like it wouldn’t fit on An Oasis class ship and still get under the bridges. And I don’t think you could make it retractable like the smoke stacks. 

Navigator it smaller so maybe that was easier to fit. 

I have sailed on Anthem a few times in the October/November time frame and one of the nice things was being able to stay inside the solarium during the cold weather until you get closer to Florida. I have not been on the Oasis class, but it looks like the solarium  is very open. How windy is it and will it be tolerable while underway? Or are they just counting on folks enjoying other parts of the ship until it gets warm?

58 minutes ago, ctwilliams said:

I have sailed on Anthem a few times in the October/November time frame and one of the nice things was being able to stay inside the solarium during the cold weather until you get closer to Florida. I have not been on the Oasis class, but it looks like the solarium  is very open. How windy is it and will it be tolerable while underway? Or are they just counting on folks enjoying other parts of the ship until it gets warm?

Not at all windy.

4 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I think the entirety of the Oasis Class is perfection in its current form. Adding $168m in upgrades to an already amazing ship can only be a huge win for everyone! 

We hope to go on Oasis next year  :)  It looks like a beautiful ship  :)

6 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

"Cats" has ran its course...time to move on to something better. Very fond of the Caribbean style resort area and Coconut & Lime Bar additions, as it is on Navigator OTS. Not to fun of Abyss; but, look with it...helps spread the activities & congestion around the ship. Wish they could update the zipline to go around the back-half of the ship, around Windjammer, using rollers so it can curve around vs cables & a straight line, short ride, pattern. 

I really enjoyed Dazzles...the Music Hall on Anthem was fun too...so it's the best of both worlds. Wife will be thrilled of the BBQ joint...hopefully, Royal come up with a different them on each Oasis Class Ship...seafood on Symphony & Harmony, pork on Oasis & Allure, whatever on O5 & O6. ?

Booked Allure for Jan 2020. Wanted to book Oasis because we Knew she would be amped by then but because we could not be assured that cats was no longer going to be playing at that time. Booked a different ship just to avoid Cats lol.

Very first experience as well as my very first cruise was on Oasis, absolutely fell in love with that ship!  I have to say that I was extremely happy with the ship prior to the changes and am extremely happy over the changes that they have made!  I can not wait to see the changes in person!  Looks great to me!!!  

8 hours ago, gregorykicks said:

I like most of the changes a lot and understand the reasoning behind the others. 

Very excited about the pool deck upgrades especially after what we've seen with some of the Voyager class ships. 

Do you think they are going with the slides because Skypad had problems?

I have yet to sail on Anthem or Harmony, but i have to believe the novelty of the bionic bar wears off after day 2 of the cruise. To see the Champagne bar, one of the few venues that actually has bar talent instead of drink slingers, replaced is not a good move for the customers in my opinion.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I am on that first post-AMP sailing, so I'm excited to see what changes are going to be made!  I won't have sailed her pre-AMP, but I will have been on the other three Oasis class ships to have some frame of comparison.

Playmakers and BBQ being added..super glad I got the UDP for this cruise too!!  ?

I agree that the new BBQ place is exciting  :)  Can't wait to see a menu!

1 hour ago, cmdrfrag said:

Was there any mention of addition of Solo cabins?
Wasn't able to see any mention of them but maybe they're just announcing the major facility changes at this point?

The solo cabins were pulled from Symphony during build, so I have a feeling they won't be in the future of any other Oasis class ships.  Harmony has 3 ocean view & 10 inside solo cabins.  They usually go for $1,000-$1,300/week.  I often find you can get a Central Park balcony for $1,500 solo with C&A discount, so not much savings. 

20 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Since we come with kids, happy they are adding waterslides, Abyss (I know, sore spot for some), another (and different) laser tag, etc.  We're past the younger pool, but Splashaway Bay is also great addition for families.  Loved El Loco Fresh on Symphony so great they are adding these to more ships.  No booking on Oasis at this time, but would happily book it.  Think they made some good decision.

I'm sure many are anxious to hear if Cats is being replaced as i'ts not mentioned.

Cats is remaining, Matt said during last night's FB live that the entertainment was staying the same.

36 minutes ago, Pen said:

Cats is remaining, Matt said during last night's FB live that the entertainment was staying the same.

That is correct. I asked Royal Caribbean's PR team about Cats and they said no change to it, or any shows.

21 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

I really liked the Music Hall on Anthem as well.  It is a perfect venue for cover bands and themed dance parties  :)

13 hours ago, Deborah Kantor said:

Love the Oasis and the changes sound great. However, according to Matt on comment page under announcement, Cats is not being replaced with dry dock changes. That is a big disappointment.. We are booked already for December 2019. 

Silly me but I am still holding out hopes that they WILL replace Cats but just aren't ready to announce it yet.  That show was unpopular from the very beginning and it continues to show poor audience satisfaction (people continue to leave at intermission and not return) so if they do NOT replace that show I will be very surprised.  If it stays I will blame the crane wreck even if it's not the reason !

11 hours ago, APM said:

I have yet to sail on Anthem or Harmony, but i have to believe the novelty of the bionic bar wears off after day 2 of the cruise. To see the Champagne bar, one of the few venues that actually has bar talent instead of drink slingers, replaced is not a good move for the customers in my opinion.

Absolutely agree.  Not only does the novelty wear off, but on most of the ships on which I have sailed that have a BB, the thing is either down for repairs or demands constant human supervision.  On Anthem in Feb a poor girl was there 100% of the time to clean up after its messes and ensure that people were getting their drinks.  COMPLETELY defeats the purpose (and allure) of a BOT.

Agree with many of the Bionic Bar comments.

Adding the Bionic Bar wouldn't be so bad if they would keep/add some sort "hand crafted" bar. I know many say the bar in Wonderland fits this. However the hours for the Wonderland bar are very limited.

While on Mariner a couple weekends ago I booked an Oasis 3 day for April. Today it’s $263 more then I paid, wonder if the AMP is causing a price increase?  Glad I booked when I did, and the AMP was why I booked so I could check out the upgrades. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Silly me but I am still holding out hopes that they WILL replace Cats but just aren't ready to announce it yet.  That show was unpopular from the very beginning and it continues to show poor audience satisfaction (people continue to leave at intermission and not return) so if they do NOT replace that show I will be very surprised.  If it stays I will blame the crane wreck even if it's not the reason !

I specifically asked this question on a back stage tour on Allure, when do they change the shows?, the Stage Manager said if it was going to be changed it would only happen during a dry dock, he said as you can imagine, all the set pieces have to be removed and new ones added, riggings, lighting etc..

I have never seen Cats so have no comment around that topic. 

22 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

This is the clip I got sent in my email.

16 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I think Skypad was an activity solution for ships other then Oasis Class due to space restrictions. Skypad offered the most value with less real estate. Just my opinion.

You make a valid point.  The slides definitely require some space.

22 hours ago, APM said:

I am disappointed about the champagne bar also.  The bionic bar was a big disappointment.  It needed maintenance numerous times on Anthem and was much smaller than I thought it would be.