DonnaLB

Poor help from guest services with travel

On 3/30/2019 at 7:49 PM, twangster said:

In the future print out those Air2Sea documents or whatever your next cruise line calls their program and bring them with you

Enough has been said around and about the OP, but you always print and bring backup documentation with you. Why, for this reason alone.

It has been said on here multiple times, but will probably come up again, as an example, if someone uses points from the Royal credit card to get OBC, print the confirmation and bring it with you so if it doesn't get assigned correctly you can go to guest services and get it assigned, it is my understanding that without the confirmation email Guest Services will not be able to do anything. This IMO.

5 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

it is my understanding that without the confirmation email Guest Services will not be able to do anything. This IMO.

I can vouch for this one.  Happened a number of years ago, back before you actually redeemed the OBC directly from the website yourself.  No email confirmation, no OBC.

If you treat others with respect and kindness, not for your own profit, but because it is the right thing to do and should make you feel better about yourself, you will oftentimes be rewarded by others, including the person you are currently being nice to, with good tidings beyond what you paid out by being kind in the first place.  Not always, but it often does work that way.

31 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Enough has been said around and about the OP, but you always print and bring backup documentation with you. Why, for this reason alone.

This is one thing I have learned on the message boards.  Those lessons learned usually comes from topics like this where the OP has a legitimate complaint but failed to know the rules and/or where to find info.  I print everything from airline and hotel confirmations to all 56 pages of my travel insurance documents.  You never know when or what you'll need when things go wrong.

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Time for a reboot Lulubot, you're stuck in a loop.  

Reboot = sleep.  Crazy day!

1 minute ago, spiralqueen said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Uh oh, the Lulubot is glitching! 😂

LOL!  My laptop froze and then there were a ton of the same post.  Fixed it!

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Lot's of acronyms for Delta but in fairness I generally like Delta.  I've been top elite on AA, 2nd from the top elite on Continental/United and A-list on Southwest.

Fly enough and you'll see all sides of any airline.  The key for flying in modern times is an overdose of patience.  It's not like it was 20 years ago.  

Delta is our much preferred airline, not sure about some comments from people suggesting it has “issues” as it usually comes out near the top on most measures of the biggest players.  Of course being from Atlanta we know more than our fair share of Delta employees and are surrounded by more diamond medallions than red ants, but we will always #flydelta.

4 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Delta is our much preferred airline, not sure about some comments from people suggesting it has “issues” as it usually comes out near the top on most measures of the biggest players.  Of course being from Atlanta we know more than our fair share of Delta employees and are surrounded by more diamond medallions than red ants, but we will always #flydelta.

Soooo, we both live near Delta hubs....

The only fault with Royal Caribbean that I see here is that the Guest Departure Officer should have advised the guest to contact Air2Sea. That's assuming the Guest Departure Officer was told this was an Air2Sea booking and not airfare that had been booked by the client directly. Other than that, it is the responsibility of the guest to bring documentation and know who to call for what. 

On 4/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, tiffrobyn said:

The only fault with Royal Caribbean that I see here is that the Guest Departure Officer should have advised the guest to contact Air2Sea. That's assuming the Guest Departure Officer was told this was an Air2Sea booking and not airfare that had been booked by the client directly. Other than that, it is the responsibility of the guest to bring documentation and know who to call for what. 

I agree almost 100% with this.  Guest services should have informed the passenger that they needed to deal with Air2Sea and provided them a phone number and offer of a free call to the Air2Sea rep.  Although RCI is not in charge of the air portion they have partnered with someone so should help connect you to them.

For travel we always take a paper copy even of the cruise insurance paperwork.  I also send copies to my phone so I have everything there.  Then sometimes I will even take photos of the paperwork so it is in my photo gallery of my phone and I can easily text it to others traveling in my party.

And I like Delta too.  Not that I fly them a lot as my preferred is Southwest and free bags. Even my favorite airline has disappointed me some times.  Another thing to do is download the app for whatever airline you are traveling and keep track of your flights that way.  That could have helped the OP find out sooner and typically there would have been an alert on their phone where they could have accepted the new flights and been booked.  I've had this happen before and the airline sends you an email and if you don't respond within a certain time frame you end up in the situation the OP was in.