New cruise planner item, Premier Pass?

This would be very disappointing if everyone’s packages get cancelled. I also don’t buy their explanation that it was a mistake to have even put that package on the website because they had clearly stripped out the Celebrity branding for the internet package and replaced it with generic copy and also created a whole new category just for this in the Royal cruise planner. Like I can believe the pricing was a mistake, but the whole concept being on Royal? Nah. This was planned, but they fumbled it and are making something up to save face.

24 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I hope they honor it like the $18 DX.

They are already jacking up the prices for everything. I don't see why they would have to increase the cost of anything to accomplish this.

Will be hard for them to honor something that presumably doesn't exist on Royal.

21 minutes ago, JoeC said:

This would be very disappointing if everyone’s packages get cancelled. I also don’t buy their explanation that it was a mistake to have even put that package on the website because they had clearly stripped out the Celebrity branding for the internet package and replaced it with generic copy and also created a whole new category just for this in the Royal cruise planner. Like I can believe the pricing was a mistake, but the whole concept being on Royal? Nah. This was planned, but they fumbled it and are making something up to save face.

Royal and Celebrity's cruise planner software is the same platform. It's quite possible for a category to accidently get shared on one channel instead of another.

Mistakes happen. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Mistakes happen. 

Sure, I understand that. And I’ll get over it, I suppose. But it is disappointing because it would have been special for our Honeymoon. I do think the copy difference is telling, though, but I could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I don't know...now it shows back up in my planner, still says sold out but no longer has the "ship happens" message.  If I used OBC, does that just get refunded right back to my planner? 

It should do. And it's normally instantaneous as soon as the item is cancelled.

43 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Hmmmm so does that mean all of us will get refunded?????

I imagine so, though I could also see their exec team brainstorming ways to turn this into a win for them. Without knowing Royal's costs, and with the number of customers who canceled their internet packages because "OMG! This deal!" one option for Royal is emailing out a mea culpa about this mistake, and give people the option of either receiving a refund or receiving a two device internet package and a bottle of bubbly to their stateroom on embarkation day. It'd still cost Royal money, but I also wouldn't be shocked to learn that Royal would still make a slight profit on the people who accept the alternative offer instead of a refund.

16 minutes ago, Rackham said:

I imagine so, though I could also see their exec team brainstorming ways to turn this into a win for them. Without knowing Royal's costs, and with the number of customers who canceled their internet packages because "OMG! This deal!" one option for Royal is emailing out a mea culpa about this mistake, and give people the option of either receiving a refund or receiving a two device internet package and a bottle of bubbly to their stateroom on embarkation day. It'd still cost Royal money, but I also wouldn't be shocked to learn that Royal would still make a slight profit on the people who accept the alternative offer instead of a refund.

i'm all for this.  while the ship tour and captain lunch would be cool, the main reason i bought was because it was cheaper than 1 device voom.  Keep my 90 bucks and give me 2 device internet.  Heck i can even do without the champagne ( although my wife may disagree )...

15 minutes ago, knewby said:

i'm all for this.  while the ship tour and captain lunch would be cool, the main reason i bought was because it was cheaper than 1 device voom.  Keep my 90 bucks and give me 2 device internet.  Heck i can even do without the champagne ( although my wife may disagree )...

I would take the 2 internet as a consolation prize if thats the best we could do. 

There is no excuse for the customer service calls that were made and confirmed the details of this yesterday. 

Please do a blog about Royals incompetence. And how there endless IT problems have caused so many problems and disappointments for people over the past year. And the piss poor customer service response of not offering compensation in some token form like a bottle of champagne or early boarding. You ask people here for your surveys all the time. How about a real truthful one on this? One that goes deeper than accidents happen. One with a darker first time buyer beware approach. This is the kind of crap, confusion, aggravation, and disappointment you let yourself in for if you do business with this company. Let's see that blog. Bad service = bad press. It's only fare.

Did anyone quickly book a cruise just to get in on this deal? I have to wait for my wife to check her work schedule and was going to book another Navigator Mexico trip tomorrow. Lol, I am still going to book the cruise if my wife can get the time off however, If there are people that booked a cruise just for this deal and the deal gets cancelled can they get a 100% refund and cancellation on their cruise by saying "Woops" also?

It’s the weekend, nothing is going to happen until at least Monday. No need for outrage, either, IMO. As soon as it was released, you could see the writing on the wall that this was never supposed to happen - exact same language as Celebrity, no restrictions when purchasing, things listed in the packages that don’t already exist with RC.

But yea, it can certainly be frustrating when there are issues.

@NotPayinExtra You are coming across like I am arguing against good customer service.  I’m not.  I have more customer service experience than you may realize, and I understand the need to make things right when you screw up.

I also understand that things have changed over the past three years, and Royal Caribbean may not care.

I would love for the two packages I booked to be honored, but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.  While it’s way down on my priority list of concerns, I do understand it’s important to others.  

21 minutes ago, ZBrady said:

It’s the weekend, nothing is going to happen until at least Monday. No need for outrage, either, IMO. As soon as it was released, you could see the writing on the wall that this was never supposed to happen - exact same language as Celebrity, no restrictions when purchasing, things listed in the packages that don’t already exist with RC.

But yea, it can certainly be frustrating when there are issues.

If you feel "outraged" there is every "need" to express it.

I will never understand the Royal Caribbean can do wrong but is still the be all thing. I'm no longer looking forward to my Wonder this year and Icon next year. They are paid and I'm stuck. 

And I knew this could happen cause I was here yesterday. What about people who didn't go online? They are really going to be very disappointed. 

Royal now has a really disgusted customer coming there way. One of many I am sure. Passengers with tube is not good. An appropriate response and some compensation as good customer service is soooo in order.

24 minutes ago, teddy said:

@NotPayinExtra You are coming across like I am arguing against good customer service.  I’m not.  I have more customer service experience than you may realize, and I understand the need to make things right when you screw up.

I also understand that things have changed over the past three years, and Royal Caribbean may not care.

I would love for the two packages I booked to be honored, but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.  While it’s way down on my priority list of concerns, I do understand it’s important to others.  

I also understand good customer service. I worked for Disney for many years. I don't need to say more on that. It speeks for itself.

How about we just chill until something officially happens or doesn’t happen. As far as I’m concerned what I booked is still showing on my cruise planner as reserved so nothing to get upset over. I also booked this knowing it was most likely a mistake and may turn into nothing so I can’t get mad about it when it gets corrected. As far as I am concerned it was so clearly a mistake that I don’t feel I am owed anything beyond my money back. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

Sure, I understand that. And I’ll get over it, I suppose. But it is disappointing because it would have been special for our Honeymoon. I do think the copy difference is telling, though, but I could be wrong.

Copy and paste causes errors all the time. Except in this case, they took the time to insert the “Offer is non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion” disclaimer in the fine print. C&A should’ve given it away. Of course probably done by a 3rd party with no knowledge of the company. Teachable moment for that darned intern, lol. 

1 hour ago, NotPayinExtra said:

I will never understand the Royal Caribbean can do wrong but is still the be all thing. I'm no longer looking forward to my Wonder this year and Icon next year. They are paid and I'm stuck. 

Since we're so far out from the very first Icon sailing, I'd imagine that you could easily cancel your Icon sailing and only lose your deposit (if you booked non-refundable deposit).  In fact, I highly encourage it.  It may be a small price to pay to alleviate your stress.

16 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

but the RUSH we all got when we collectively thought we’d landed the DEAL OF A LIFETIME 

🤩🤩🤩🤩

maybe it’s silly, but i’m kind of glad we were all in it together 😂

I know exactly what you mean! 

Since i purchased it out of pure laziness so i didn't have to pack a bottle of champagne (this made sense in my head 🙃) it doesn't matter to me personally in the slightest if they cancel on me, but i now find myself rooting for all of you to at least keep your internet. 😍

And I'm also dying to see how Royal walks itself back from this one. I do love a gooooood scoop! #JuicyDeets