New cruise planner item, Premier Pass?

1 hour ago, NotPayinExtra said:

I also understand good customer service. I worked for Disney for many years. I don't need to say more on that. It speeks for itself.

And I spent 25 years as a Customer Service Supervisor for a major nationwide retailer.  Someone coming at me (or my staff) with attitude never got what they wanted.  If you asked with respect and a cool head, we went out of our way to make you happy.  

41 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

I know exactly what you mean! 

Since i purchased it out of pure laziness so i didn't have to pack a bottle of champagne (this made sense in my head 🙃) it doesn't matter to me personally in the slightest if they cancel on me, but i now find myself rooting for all of you to at least keep your internet. 😍

And I'm also dying to see how Royal walks itself back from this one. I do love a gooooood scoop! #JuicyDeets

the not having to pack champagne also makes sense in my head. must be an NJ thing 😂😂😂😂

just kidding but also — i’m glad i didn’t cancel my internet for harmony next month — and i’ll just grab it for our oasis december sailing on the BF sale. 

easy fix for me (as long as they put the OBC back where it belongs)

I'm looking at my cruise planner for Mariner 5/26/23 and the Premier Pass is still there, and showing as reserved.

This feels very much like the $18/day DBP scenario, where everyone jumped on it, then a lot of people said it wasn't going to happen because Royal would lose too much $$.

I'm ready to just wait and see.   They realize that this could be huge in terms of customer satisfaction; they can come out smelling like roses, or be the south end of a north-bound mountain goat.

🤞

17 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Excuse my language but what the F! What the F! 😲😲😲😲

People are willing to pay it, so Royal is going to charge it. In many ways, this reminds me of what happened with Disney theme parks and resorts starting late 90s to early 2000s. Disney found people were willing to pay much higher prices, so they kept raising and raising the rates. At least with Royal, there's only so much they can raise on the fare before people start looking to cruise with another company.

44 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

This is Symphony next May. I know the price can fluctuate but this made me spit my wine (sacrilege!)

Screenshot_20230312_203614_Freespoke.jpg

For funsies, just did a mock booking for 4 adults in two connecting rooms for a 7 night Symphony sailing next May. Only $4,201.44 for connecting oceanviews on deck 8 before gratuities.

So, it still shows as booked for my two sailings. If they honor it great, if they don't, no skin off my back. I never cancelled my great black Friday internet plans. It looked too good to be true, so I took it with a grain of salt. I don't understand people who want OBC for "their" trouble. Mistakes happen.......I live by the saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

I Have No Idea Reaction GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

I just called RC UK - they rep didnt have a clue what i was talking about - wasnt aware of any Premier package (other than its a Celebrity thing, not RC), and wasnt aware of any new offers or mistakes. To be honest, he was a bit rude and not very helpful. I suppose i'll just wait and see what happens to our booking now.

22 hours ago, alaska mcleods said:

Were you able to add this to your Radiance Alaska cruise? I've got a July '23 Radiance Alaska cruise and it's not showing up in my cruise planner, even with the workaround.  Sad.  This would be great if it all plays out ok!

No, just the Mariner cruise.

I just heard about this and did a quick search to see if I could snag it...found the forum, and read through a few pages.  I agreed with the overall sentiment that "wow, great deal...probably too good to be true" and tried to find it and book it.  Clearly you can't now... "ah well, worth a shot" was all that amounted to.  Then I continued to read the forum today and saw the follow up reactions.  I just don't understand the outrage and demands from some here.  Louis CK had a great bit on Conan's show that you can find on Youtube by looking up "everything is amazing and nobody is happy" that pretty much sums this whole thing.  His bit about how he was on a plane where they first launched WIFI on board is spot on.  Nobody knew that was a thing at all, then, during the flight after enjoying it for a bit, it failed and the guy next to him says "This is BS".  His line is "How quickly the world OWES him something he only knew existed 10 seconds ago"

If you're outraged over this, then perhaps you have more going on than you think, and should seek out someone to talk with.  I'm not trying to be snide here, I'm being honest.  It was a perfectly honest mistake, no actual harm has been done to anyone, and it's your VACATION.  If you are outraged, then please, speak to someone.  There may be more going on than you think and you could use a little help.  

My wife happened to see the package posted on a Facebook group over the weekend and we booked it right away for our cruise on Wonder in a couple weeks. Right now, it's still showing up on our planner.

If they take it away I won't be taking that lightly. To me, it's just crazy that a massive corporation with billions in revenue should expect its customers to bear the burden of its own mistakes. And it's not as if there are massive hard costs they would be absorbing here by granting the packages at the advertised rate. A ship tour, priority boarding, and Internet access don't actually cost the company anything. Reprimand someone internally. Don't disappoint thousands of loyal customers because someone on your staff messed up. It's not your customers' responsibility to pay for your employees' mistakes. 

On 3/12/2023 at 7:28 AM, ScottD said:

This has been mentioned a few times in the thread regarding the internet...there is no more just "Surf" for most ships, as they are upgraded to starlink, only one internet plan is offered.

On 3/12/2023 at 3:48 AM, ScottD said:

There is only one package now....they've done away with the "Cheaper surf" package due to the upgraded internet on the ships

That's right, now everyone gets the cheaper and slower internet.

23 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

Thanks for doing the math for us.  I just went and rechecked to see if it had been removed from the 2 cruises I was able to book it.  We have a total of 5 cruises booked and yesterday the Premier Pass showed up on 2 of them.  Today only 1 of the cruises lists that it's available to purchase.

They haven't cancelled the Atlantis Aquaventure yet and on the same cruise we booked the Premier Pass so it will be fun next month to see if RC takes the perks away.

Why would they cancel the Atlantis Aquaventure? 

2 hours ago, jeffmw said:

A ship tour, priority boarding, and Internet access don't actually cost the company anything.

In my case, RC would be making money off me anyway by honoring the package since wouldn't buy a typical internet package since it's cheaper to use 2 D+ days plus a $10 per day charge from my cell provider when in port.