Reserving Shows Pre-Cruise Back?

3 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I've been checking daily for my 1/05 cruise but nothing. Must just be a holiday thing but that doesn't really makes sense as pretty much all ships are sailing at capacity. The ships are not going to be suddenly fuller in December.

Since booking shows didn't use to open until 30-45 days beforehand, it might not become available until very late Nov or early Dec.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2022 at 6:10 PM, luna said:

So I had no idea I was able to make reservations in advance. Now every single show is sold out. Does anyone know if more times are opened up on the day of embarkation? I fear we won't be able to see ANY shows. 

You should be able to make reservations when you get on board.  They don't sell them all out in advance.

Enjoy!

On 12/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, luna said:

So I had no idea I was able to make reservations in advance. Now every single show is sold out. Does anyone know if more times are opened up on the day of embarkation? I fear we won't be able to see ANY shows. 

Out of curiosity I checked Cats reservations for my Oasis sailing next week and there are still several options available for it lol. All other shows are sold out. 

15 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Out of curiosity I checked Cats reservations for my Oasis sailing next week and there are still several options available for it lol. All other shows are sold out. 

I was able to book Cats while waiting on the line for "no reservation" 30 minutes before the show. However I would try to secure Aqua80s and Ice show reservations in advance 

I didn’t realize I could reserve the shows for my 1/10 Allure of the Seas cruise and now everything is booked except Mama Mia.  So disappointed!   I will try to make reservations when we get on the ship.   I’ve read most people in the “stand by” line are able to get into the show but I don’t want to have to worry about it.  I’m bringing my adult children on their first cruise and was really looking forward to them seeing the Ice and Aqua show.   At least, I got reservations for Mama Mia.   

On 11/1/2022 at 6:34 AM, Ampurp85 said:

I recall reading that Royal would NOT be bringing back the 30 days beforehand booking on Oasis and Quantum class ships. It was a covid casualty, that wording about being able to book entertainment is a left-over factoid. This looks like it is only a thing for the Holiday/Christmas sailings. So, the fact that isn't available on my Nov Odyssey or Jan Oasis, proves it might be just that.

I was on Oasis the first 2 weeks of this month, December.  You could not book entertainment in advance.   I do believe it was for holiday weeks only

7 hours ago, Linda R said:

I was on Oasis the first 2 weeks of this month, December.  You could not book entertainment in advance.   I do believe it was for holiday weeks only

I was able to book shows for my Jan 15th Oasis on Dec 2nd. It looks like they may start making online reservations available 30-44 days before you sail.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:16 AM, Linda R said:

This changed recently, I booked my 1\29 Oasis cruise a few weeks back...seems like they are opening up reservations for most Oasis class ships about 2 months out

On 1/1/2023 at 10:18 AM, ScottD said:

This changed recently, I booked my 1\29 Oasis cruise a few weeks back...seems like they are opening up reservations for most Oasis class ships about 2 months out

It has changed.  Thanks.   I booked my Jan 28th cruise shows last night.  Was great to be able to get that done before cruise.

I did see where it used to show that I could pre-book shows/entertainment for Navigator of the seas but now they've removed our ship as an option to pre-book. Super bummed by this. It was nice to not have to worry about rushing to the theater, knowing we had a reserved space. I guess we'll just have to be OK with the old way of doing things. 😞 I loved the pre-book feature that we used on our last sailings on Anthem & Allure.

5 hours ago, Maggie M said:

I did see where it used to show that I could pre-book shows/entertainment for Navigator of the seas but now they've removed our ship as an option to pre-book. Super bummed by this. It was nice to not have to worry about rushing to the theater, knowing we had a reserved space. I guess we'll just have to be OK with the old way of doing things. 😞 I loved the pre-book feature that we used on our last sailings on Anthem & Allure.

This was a mistake as only Oasis and Quantum class ever had that option. I too saw Navigator listed but knew it wasn't going to happen.

On 1/1/2023 at 6:05 PM, Pattycruise said:

I have Anthem for Feb 19 and 26 and the only item open to book is Spectra Caberet.  Been there fine that and for sure not going back.  Do they do reservations for The Gift or We will rock you?  I know the theater venue is way larger than the 270 where Spectra is. 

May be different to our sailing since we were in Europe, but only Spectra's required a booking on ours.

With regard to WWRY, there were 3 shows and the CD recommended people start lining up an hour(!!) before to ensure they weren't disappointed and also that the first and second shows were always the busiest. And people DID start lining up that far in advance. We went to a trivia in the Schooner bar at 1pm on the day of the first show and the line was huge by 1.15.

Think it was little more than 55 day out and we were able to book our Aqua, Ice, and Comedy shows on Oasis OTS for our February 26th 2023 sailing. Have been on Oasis already and there is no way you could get me into the CATS show. Wife went by herself the last cruise and loves Broadway shows, she didn't make it half way through. Wish they would change that show. 

1 hour ago, Midwest Cruiser said:

Think it was little more than 55 day out and we were able to book our Aqua, Ice, and Comedy shows on Oasis OTS for our February 26th 2023 sailing.

The only show we missed last month on OA was the Aqua Theater show so that’s the only one we have booked for 2-26.  We have seen the show before (2019) but we always enjoy the AT shows so we’re looking forward to seeing it again.  Hard “NO” on Cats and if we have time we may sneak into the ice show but it won’t be a disappointment if we don’t get to see it again.

On 1/6/2023 at 5:16 PM, Midwest Cruiser said:

Think it was little more than 55 day out and we were able to book our Aqua, Ice, and Comedy shows on Oasis OTS for our February 26th 2023 sailing. Have been on Oasis already and there is no way you could get me into the CATS show. Wife went by herself the last cruise and loves Broadway shows, she didn't make it half way through. Wish they would change that show. 

I think you might have answered my question...can everything be booked ahead of time (like pre-covid) or just some of the shows?  For example, what about the headliners?  We are on Oasis in March and even if I look at the next sailing in the app, the headliner isn't even listed.  We are 62 days away and so check every day if booking is available.

19 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

I think you might have answered my question...can everything be booked ahead of time (like pre-covid) or just some of the shows?  For example, what about the headliners?  We are on Oasis in March and even if I look at the next sailing in the app, the headliner isn't even listed.  We are 62 days away and so check every day if booking is available.

I was able to book Aqua show, Ice show, Cats, and adult comedy show (this one had to be done on the web site planner, not on the app)  for reservations on Oasis for my upcoming cruise. Everything else is done as a first come first serve situation. You can also reserve the escape room. These were all available exactly 60 days prior to my cruise. 

14 minutes ago, ScottD said:

I was able to book Aqua show, Ice show, Cats, and adult comedy show (this one had to be done on the web site planner, not on the app)  for reservations on Oasis for my upcoming cruise. Everything else is done as a first come first serve situation. You can also reserve the escape room. These were all available exactly 60 days prior to my cruise. 

Thank you! Hopefully the headliner and anything else not pre-bookable will have multiple showings fit when nothing  else is booked.  It was good before when you could see everything and then coordinate everything.  But still, happy to be able to pre-book most things again.

I'm thinking of booking the escape room for our family too as have heard it's really good on Oasis.

Sounds like it may open any day for us now.  Thanks.

It looks like Oasis, Allure, Harmony and Wonder have been consistently opening bookings from around 45-60 days. While there seems to be no rhyme or reason of when Symphony opens their bookings up. My Oasis was at 44 days, and I was able to book 4 shows and the escape room. The headliner shows in the app, but it looks like it's the standard first come, first served situation.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

It looks like Oasis, Allure, Harmony and Wonder have been consistently opening bookings from around 45-60 days. While there seems to be no rhyme or reason of when Symphony opens their bookings up. My Oasis was at 44 days, and I was able to book 4 shows and the escape room. The headliner shows in the app, but it looks like it's the standard first come, first served situation.

No rhyme or reason is right. I wish they would just come out with an official time-line already. Start booking 30 days out, 45, 60. Royal needs to just commit to a system.

2 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

No rhyme or reason is right. I wish they would just come out with an official time-line already. Start booking 30 days out, 45, 60. Royal needs to just commit to a system.

Prior to the restart it was a set 30 days. They released a statement saying it was a casualty of covid and being able to book shows ahead of time wasn't coming back. Then holiday sailings started to happen at full or over capacity and the option came back with no clear rhyme or reason. Now it seems to be within a range of 45-60 days depending on the ship. I too wish it was consistent and standardized.

I wish all the ships would have the 'reservations' option. We did book the Escape Room on our Navigator cruise next week (additional cost) - has anyone done this before?  Did you enjoy it?! We've done them on land but haven't had a chance to do one at sea yet, so we're looking forward to it!

22 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

I wish all the ships would have the 'reservations' option. We did book the Escape Room on our Navigator cruise next week (additional cost) - has anyone done this before?  Did you enjoy it?! We've done them on land but haven't had a chance to do one at sea yet, so we're looking forward to it!

We did the escape room on Mariner OTS and loved it. That was pre-pandemic, though