Jump to content

Royal Up offers


Kent
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/20/2022 at 8:50 AM, Scoular said:

May I ask what won you the bid? I’ve received our RoyalUp offer today and we’re in a balcony and I’m looking to bid of a Grande suite 1BR AND 2BR. 

If I recall correctly, I believe I bid about $250/pp.  It certainly wasn't the max amount, but was about half on their "meter" scale.

Post cruise, I REALLY enjoyed this 1 BR GS (and my wife was very surprised and excited about it)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wilson said:

Our bid showed pending until the second day of the cruise! LoL

Our last cruise we got the email saying our bids were not successful when we were at Izumi having dinner.

There seem to be so many successful bids here and on the FB page, and with lower capacity, I thought we had a good chance of securing an upgrade.  

An upgrade would have been nice, but we will enjoy the cruise no matter what.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

We received our room assignment last night and it was our original ocean view. We did bid on Royal Up rooms but haven't received any notifications. Does this mean we didn't get them? Is it too late to just upgrade to the balcony and pay the difference?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade and see if you can still modify/cancel your bid.  If you can, great - you can then call your travel agent or Royal and upgrade yourself to a balcony.  If it does not allow you to modify it, and any say "pending", then you could still get it.

That site is kinda glitchy.  If you put in your last name and reservation and it just reloads the page, enter it again. I usually have to do it twice to get it to work.

Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Woody283 said:

We received our room assignment last night and it was our original ocean view. We did bid on Royal Up rooms but haven't received any notifications. Does this mean we didn't get them? Is it too late to just upgrade to the balcony and pay the difference?

Unless you got the email, it’s still ‘pending’. If you decide to change your room from ocean to balcony, they will cancel all you bids and assign new classes you can bid on - JS, 1 bedroom, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jen W said:

Unless you got the email, it’s still ‘pending’. If you decide to change your room from ocean to balcony, they will cancel all you bids and assign new classes you can bid on - JS, 1 bedroom, etc. 

They can expire and you will never get an email.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Woody283 said:

We received our room assignment last night and it was our original ocean view. We did bid on Royal Up rooms but haven't received any notifications. Does this mean we didn't get them? Is it too late to just upgrade to the balcony and pay the difference?


Last couple days before our cruise we threw a bid in for an upgrade.  A message came saying you can place a bid up to 3 hours before the cruises departure and you would receive an email to update you on the upgrade.  It also mentioned that if you don’t receive a response in relation to your upgrade by 2 hours after the cruise departs then you did not get the upgrade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I paid

 

 

 

 

 

 

I got a Grand Suite on the Explorer of the Seas. The one with 2 bedrooms/2 baths.  I paid $1,200--flat, not per day.  I was given notice about a month before.  Probably they had a lot of empty rooms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We bid on several Royal Ups on our Liberty trip last week.  Some at about the midpoint.  None accepted.  And we didn't get notified until long after getting aboard.  I'm not even going to bother next time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, TMatl said:


Last couple days before our cruise we threw a bid in for an upgrade.  A message came saying you can place a bid up to 3 hours before the cruises departure and you would receive an email to update you on the upgrade.  It also mentioned that if you don’t receive a response in relation to your upgrade by 2 hours after the cruise departs then you did not get the upgrade. 

This is correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Bill S said:

We bid on several Royal Ups on our Liberty trip last week.  Some at about the midpoint.  None accepted.  And we didn't get notified until long after getting aboard.  I'm not even going to bother next time. 

I've won some and lost some.  It's just the way it goes.  Sometimes there are rooms available, sometimes there just aren't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all, we are new to cruising with RC and didn’t know anything about Royal Up until I found this forum.

I tried to have a look at the option but I’m getting an error message about ensuring my sailing is within 30 days.  Others seem to be talking about their cruises more than 30 days away?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Shane D said:

Hi all, we are new to cruising with RC and didn’t know anything about Royal Up until I found this forum.

I tried to have a look at the option but I’m getting an error message about ensuring my sailing is within 30 days.  Others seem to be talking about their cruises more than 30 days away?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks 

Not every booking will be offered a Royal Up.  They may send you an email over 30 days out, but if you go and check yourself without having to get an email, and your sailing isn't within 30 days, you won't be able to get into the system.  Even at 30 days it may not be an option.  Keep in mind that there aren't always cabins to book, and even if they send you a Royal Up offer, it doesn't mean that there are any cabins actually available to upgrade to.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Questions about bidding. If you submit multiple bids on different rooms and they accept one of the lower options, can you go back and rebid on a higher room or are you stuck with the lower option? For example, a balcony versus a junior suite.

This is our first time doing RoyalUp and we placed a bid on everything we could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On my most recent cruise, I didn't get the email that my RU bid was unsuccessful until the first day at sea.  Had heard they could award RU at anytime up to the last minute, and it must be true.  There were obviously suites available because the advertised grand prizes for Bingo onboard one night were two CLS upgrades.  (Maybe that's a common thing?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, smost said:

Questions about bidding. If you submit multiple bids on different rooms and they accept one of the lower options, can you go back and rebid on a higher room or are you stuck with the lower option? For example, a balcony versus a junior suite.

This is our first time doing RoyalUp and we placed a bid on everything we could.

No. You get the cabin that they accepted the bid. Once accepted, you can’t rebid for another cabin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boooo - Sailing on March 12th - Mariner of the Seas.   Bid on Royal Up for Suites.  Today they are all showing as EXPIRED.  The only bid showing as PENDING is a Larger Balcony Room. (We bid $30 per person for this, as we are already in a balcony room - Deck 7_)

We decided that there is not much point even doing that now, so just tried to cancel the bid.. but RoyalUp site won't let me alter the price or cancel it???  Very strange.  I thought it was only like that within 48 hours of sailing?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, Thoodt said:

We have 2 connecting staterooms on Harmony in March.  Would like to bid on upgrade but don’t want to have one nice room forward and other standard stateroom aft.  We like to put the kids in the other room.  Do they allow you to bid on 2 stateroom upgrades?

Bumped, because I have the same question. Was it ever answered?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BritInFlorida said:

Boooo - Sailing on March 12th - Mariner of the Seas.   Bid on Royal Up for Suites.  Today they are all showing as EXPIRED.  The only bid showing as PENDING is a Larger Balcony Room. (We bid $30 per person for this, as we are already in a balcony room - Deck 7_)

We decided that there is not much point even doing that now, so just tried to cancel the bid.. but RoyalUp site won't let me alter the price or cancel it???  Very strange.  I thought it was only like that within 48 hours of sailing?

 

you might try calling Royal to see about cancelling but I'm not sure you will be able to.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BritInFlorida said:

Boooo - Sailing on March 12th - Mariner of the Seas.   Bid on Royal Up for Suites.  Today they are all showing as EXPIRED.  The only bid showing as PENDING is a Larger Balcony Room. (We bid $30 per person for this, as we are already in a balcony room - Deck 7_)

We decided that there is not much point even doing that now, so just tried to cancel the bid.. but RoyalUp site won't let me alter the price or cancel it???  Very strange.  I thought it was only like that within 48 hours of sailing?

 

This might be a signal that your bid is accepted… be on the lookout for the charge to appear on your credit card and a room change on the app!   Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am on The Anthem of The Seas on May 2nd, 2022. I put in 3 bids for Royal Up's. I haven't heard if either of them were excepted. Has anyone gotten any Royal Ups excepted for 2022 so far? If so, how far out from the acceptance to your cruise date? I am super anxious to know if I am getting a bump:). I am currently in a balcony but have bid on a Junior Suite, a One Bedroom Suite and a One Bedroom Suite with a large balcony. Wish me luck:) 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...