Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal Caribbean to require crew to be vaccinated

8 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

Yes, it works the same in Canada as everywhere else, being vaccinated prevents severe disease, hospitalization, intubation, and death as @SpeedNoodlesstated. 

So its been stated that having this vaccine doesn't prevent you from contracting Covid or transmitting it.....How does that fall under prevents disease, hospitalization ect???

1 hour ago, twangster said:

This private healthcare provider in Florida is requiring all employees to get vaccinated.  

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/02/11/omni-healthcare-requiring-employees-to-get-covid-19-vaccine/#// 

“We are requiring that all of our employees be vaccinated as soon as they are eligible, providing there are no contraindications,” president and CEO Dr. Craig Deligdish said.

Absolutely ridiculous.  Forcing people to get this vaccine is unconstitutional and should be illegal.  Its not your employers business or anyone elses to tell you that you have to put this crap into your body.  

7 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

So its been stated that having this vaccine doesn't prevent you from contracting Covid or transmitting it.....How does that fall under prevents disease, hospitalization ect???

Symptomatic Covid in a vaccinated individual would be (in most instances) very mild, not requiring hospitalization, but just rest and fluids at home, and a speedy recovery. This is the purpose of a vaccine. No vaccines completely prevent disease. 

5 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

Absolutely ridiculous.  Forcing people to get this vaccine is unconstitutional and should be illegal.  Its not your employers business or anyone elses to tell you that you have to put this crap into your body.  

? it is for damn sure your employers business. If one of my employees went out, partied, and then spread it to coworkers, shutting down the company for X amount of time,  it would cost me money, and open up god knows what other legal actions. 

5 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

? it is for damn sure your employers business. If one of my employees went out, partied, and then spread it to coworkers, shutting down the company for X amount of time,  it would cost me money, and open up god knows what other legal actions. 

So are you going to monitor EVERYTHING your employees do?????  Why not have them wear ankle bracelets and put cameras in their houses?  Where does this insanity stop?????

8 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

No sir, this has been held up in federal court; your employer is completely within their rights to mandate this or any other vaccine they seem fit. The hospital I am on staff has a laundry list of vaccines that the staff must adhere to. 

4 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

So are you going to monitor EVERYTHING your employees do?????  Why not have them wear ankle bracelets and put cameras in their houses?  Where does this insanity stop?????

Florida is an at-will employment state. They are asking their employees to take precautions. Don't like it? Pack your bags. That is the power of at-will employment 

6 minutes ago, CruisinForABruisin said:

Florida is an at-will employment state. They are asking their employees to take precautions. Don't like it? Pack your bags. That is the power of at-will employment 

So you agree with violating peoples rights then?  This is where this entire situation turns political.  Ones rights only matter depending on which side of the agenda you are on.  

5 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

So you agree with violating peoples rights then?  This is where this entire situation turns political.  Ones rights only matter depending on which side of the agenda you are on.  

Except that isn't a violation of people's rights? There's nothing political about it, you're just wrong haha

16 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

At the risk of getting too far off topic, let me blow your mind. There is a massive healthcare system in my area. The require a “no smoking”pledge as a condition of employment. Annually everyone must submit to bloodwork and a health assessment. Nicotine positive on your blood work is cause for termination of employment. 

Employees must also where a 2 way communication fob on their uniform at all times while on the clock, this fob also records and reports their location in real time to a central hub. 

Point being, employers have a lot of influence over their employees. 

TX is an “at will” employment state as well. 

9 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

At the risk of getting too far off topic, let me blow your mind. There is a massive healthcare system in my area. The require a “no smoking”pledge as a condition of employment. Annually everyone must submit to bloodwork and a health assessment. Nicotine positive on your blood work is cause for termination of employment. 

Employees must also where a 2 way communication fob on their uniform at all times while on the clock, this fob also records and reports their location in real time to a central hub. 

Point being, employers have a lot of influence over their employees. 

TX is an “at will” employment state as well. 

As condition of employment meaning that you are aware of this when you apply for the job correct????  

What stops Walmart or Costco ect from forcing employees to get this vaccine?  You're telling people you have to get this or not be able to provide for your families.....Thats not right and its not the same as what you posted above.

10 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

As condition of employment meaning that you are aware of this when you apply for the job correct????  

What stops Walmart or Costco ect from forcing employees to get this vaccine?  You're telling people you have to get this or not be able to provide for your families.....Thats not right and its not the same as what you posted above.

Uhh, why wouldn't 2 of the largest employers in the US require that their employees be vaccinated? What do they gain from having a potential outbreak?

4 hours ago, DD474 said:

I also have one of these cards.  (I'm sure millions of American's also have one of these cards). 

I will also attach this card to my passport. ? 

I received my doses at the local pharmacy and though I got one of those CDC cards, I actually got one of those prescription receipts for both shots and they are very detailed. I am keeping both as confirmation of having received my shots until if/when they are replaced with something different. 

1 hour ago, Yo2slick said:

Yes, if I don’t get the vaccine I can not practice at the hospital where I have for 30 years.