bretts173

Voyager denied entry to Vanautu

I haven’t seen anything official from Royal but I did read this article regarding the denial of entry.

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/02/articles/disease/royal-caribbeans-voyager-of-the-seas-denied-permission-to-call-on-ports-during-australian-cruise/

i know the Islands have been strict on this. I have a friend travelling on Celebrity in April and currently at least two of the ports are not allowing access to cruise ships. He is worried it will turn into a cruise of just sea days.

From reading on other blogs, sounds like things are getting quite heated on Voyager about the change of itinerary to New Zealand with a brawl reported at guest services with allegedly 4 arrested who will put off at the next port (somewhere in NZ). Crew morale is especially low.

I understand things change but if I had booked and packed for a South Pacific Cruise I also would be pretty peeved if I ended up in NZ (no offence meant).

I am booked on Voyager to do a South Pacific Cruise on 18th March so who knows where we end up.  Happy to go around in a big circle for 10 nights or head to northern Australia, but better make sure I put a jumper in my suitcase just in case we also get rerouted.😭 

I understand you may be disappointed about missing your ports but what can you do about. RC are in a difficult position. People will complain if they have no ports and others will complain if they go to a colder port. Surely people aren't living under a rock and can see what this situation is doing to the cruise industry.

19 minutes ago, soak01 said:

From reading on other blogs, sounds like things are getting quite heated on Voyager about the change of itinerary to New Zealand with a brawl reported at guest services with allegedly 4 arrested who will put off at the next port (somewhere in NZ). Crew morale is especially low.

I understand things change but if I had booked and packed for a South Pacific Cruise I also would be pretty peeved if I ended up in NZ (no offence meant).

I am booked on Voyager to do a South Pacific Cruise on 18th March so who knows where we end up.  Happy to go around in a big circle for 10 nights or head to northern Australia, but better make sure I put a jumper in my suitcase just in case we also get rerouted.😭 

just return from the south pacific voyager trip, we ended up in tauranga, nz, bay of islands, nz and eden, aus for those of you who still want to know. 10% of the price paid as a compensation but since an fcc was applied, not much in return. 

On 2/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, jticarruthers said:

I have said it in a couple of conversations recently in regards to cruising.

I have absolutely no concern about Coronavirus itself, from all accounts medically it is basically "harmless" to me .. I do not have a compromised immune system so its basically the common cold. 

I do have concern about getting stranded in quarantine for weeks because everyone else is freaking out about it.

So indirectly i do have a concern about Coronavirus not because its dangerous but because it could get me quarantined.

exactly my thoughts also.

Just think about it. Take a cruise. Get Quarantined. Free food. A cot. And lots of card games.  Be sure to pack cards.  And once again the media is blowing this way out of proportion.