AshleyDillo

SOLOasis redubbed YOLOasis Thanksgiving of the Seas Nov24, 2019 - Dec1, 2019

27 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Screenshot_20191130-002222_Google.thumb.jpg.2155e96c3b9046f8be68273ae5dee8a3.jpg

I followed The Gift on Anthem better than this.  I'd like to think that's on Andrew Lloyd Webber and not Royal though.

OMG, legit laughing so loudly at this search history that my dogs are side eyeing me!

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I followed The Gift on Anthem better than this.  I'd like to think that's on Andrew Lloyd Webber and not Royal though.

That is really bad news when you put it in that perspective! 

2am Ashley made the executive decision not to pre-order room service coffee delivery for this morning.  830am Ashley is so upset with her right now.

The ship is definitely feeling the ocean waves this morning and rolling back and forth.  That pretty much started last night during CATS.  I just thought perhaps it was part of the show which makes about as much sense as the plot did.

Hoping for a real nice roll to throw me out of bed -- a devine intervention from the coffee gods that I will take as a sign to motivate and be productive for our last relaxing day of the cruise.

... that laundry is not going to fold itself. Well, that's a lie. I gave my mother some of my dirty laundry does shove in her complimentary D+ laundry service bag.  

26 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is really bad news when you put it in that perspective! 

I actually followed and understood The Gift and didn't understand why everyone else didn't get it.  Not that it made sense but I saw where they were going with it..and I am sure there are folks who followed along with CATS just fine.  I mean it's a Broadway hit for a reason, right?  Not everyone needed to turn to the Internet for the Cliffs Notes.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/18/20696129/cats-2019-musical-trailer-explained

This is probably the most informative piece I uncovered in the depths of the internet that summarizies the play and talks about the upcoming movie. Perhaps the last sentence of this capture from the above article should be a PSA?

Screenshot_20191130-084948_Chrome.thumb.jpg.313dfb1c9716f2b3fac1ae2d16a7bcc8.jpg

Makes a little more sense now having read this..but perhaps Royal should have gone with a musical that's a little more straight from the package, press play and everyone enjoys as is Hairspray, Grease, and Mamma Mia.  I think maybe the lack of dialogue does it for me.  I have a bit of trouble understanding lyrics when I can't read them.  I want so much to like it because the sets, costuming, and performers were really amazing but it was a struggle to follow along and stay awake because of that for me.

Do not sit on an aisle seat.  You have been forewarned.

11 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I brought some plastic straws with me on this trip.  Didn’t use a single one on Brilliance and bet I won’t use one on Oasis either.  It’s a nuisance to carry them around and no way to keep them clean until I use them.  Great idea but not so easy to implement.

😔😔

This is what I'm thinking.  We are leaving soon and am thinking of picking up some silicone straws (we have the drink package for the first time), but am thinking of the logistics... with...as you say....carrying them around and then cleaning them.  I do wear a waist pouch in the day and have a deep purse at night so it "might" work...need to measure and see.  But that is definitely the down side.

14 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

This is what I'm thinking.  We are leaving soon and am thinking of picking up some silicone straws (we have the drink package for the first time), but am thinking of the logistics... with...as you say....carrying them around and then cleaning them.  I do wear a waist pouch in the day and have a deep purse at night so it "might" work...need to measure and see.  But that is definitely the down side.

I hate those paper straws too... Maybe you can put the silicone straws in a ziplock bag so they stay clean while stored in your bag or pack?

Ask for water (bottled water is included in DBP, or just get a glass of water) whenever you have drinks and sip through the straw to clean it out before putting them back in the ziplock... maybe rinse them more thoroughly back in your cabin or in a restroom?

We may have to pick some up... not sure I want the stainless straws! We'll see... we still have a few months to decide!

Finally heeded the siren's call... people always ask if they can use Starbucks gift cards on board. I always tell them yes, they accept the Starbucks gift cards and also the app. You can't redeem any stars though, but you will collect stars for your purchase.  I had to make sure I had the most up to date intel.

For purely research purposes

20191130_103148.thumb.jpg.3e45c71aa489ed80d03a668f096a39b3.jpg

They keep the good stuff behind the counter! 😱

20191130_103422.thumb.jpg.f085cb487dd5bda2914ba956c5532626.jpg

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

My daughter and I ordered collapsible silicone straws that come in a tiny holder with a carabiner and a cleaning brush...will we actually use them?  Time will tell😊