Opening Schedule for 2025 - 2026 Deployment

A couple interesting links in that rabbit hole.

I've never seen data laid out like this before (though I'm sure it's not new)

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2024_2025/2024-2025_Deployment_Summary.pdf

And the 2024 version of the fleet guide

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/2024_Fleet_Guide_Highlights.pdf

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ugh! Just saw the link from @Matt’s blog article, WN is rumoured to go 3/4 night sailings too? How annoying.

LOL, that link is my trusted source. Didn't see the article til you mentioned it.

After I learned (and agree) that Star is likely headed to PC, since I have little interest in Icon/Star or the prices, I went into amateur internet detective mode...

My conclusion is that Wonder will still be at PC to do 7-nighters in June and Star will take over in July... giving me a chance to go on Wonder one last time in early June because I really need to go on the same ship for what would be a 6th time. 🤣

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

My conclusion is that Wonder will still be at PC to do 7-nighters in June

Where does your detective work tell you that Wonder might be headed to after July 2025? I was going to take my kids on WN that summer, but I don't want 3/4 night sailings and we likely cannot sail until August 2025 that summer.

37 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ugh! Just saw the link from @Matt’s blog article, WN is rumoured to go 3/4 night sailings too? How annoying.

Totally agree.  I wanted to try Utopia and Wonder at some point, but really have zero desire to only do a 3 or 4 day cruise again.  Did that this last year on freedom and wasn't a big fan.  And I know I could do back to back, but going to PDCC and Nassau twice in 1 week doesn't really get the juices flowing either.  

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Where does your detective work tell you that Wonder might be headed to after July 2025? I was going to take my kids on WN that summer, but I don't want 3/4 night sailings and we likely cannot sail until August 2025 that summer.

I really only cared about what was in PC so I didn't do much sleuthing past that but... either Wonder or Utopia will be doing 3/4's from PC (my personal logic says Utopia b/c they'd have to change nothing but could be Wonder) and I assume the other will be doing 3/4's from South Florida. Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm a selfish detective, lol.

If we want to sail again in July, my choices will likely be a 3/4 B2B on Utopia/Wonder or to check out whatever the 3rd ship is at PC.

4 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

going to PDCC and Nassau twice in 1 week doesn't really get the juices flowing

That is the main reason why I dislike the 3/4 nighters.

As usual, everyone has their preferences. We're simple and boring. We did a 3/4 last year and enjoyed going to CocoCay twice and staying on the ship in Nassau (and that was on Indy). I'd do it again and it would only be better on Utopia/Wonder... but I need the prices to not be absurd.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

As usual, everyone has their preferences. We're simple and boring. We did a 3/4 last year and enjoyed going to CocoCay twice and staying on the ship in Nassau (and that was on Indy). I'd do it again and it would only be better on Utopia/Wonder... but I need the prices to not be absurd.

True.  And good luck with that prices not being absurd thing.  I think those days are long gone 😂

2 minutes ago, LandstromCruise said:

True.  And good luck with that prices not being absurd thing.  I think those days are long gone 😂

I'll find out soon enough. I priced 3/4 B2B's when Utopia was released and Wonder was significantly cheaper for the weeks we were looking to sail.

I know Star will be ridiculous so it's just a matter of how bad the prices are for my other PC options in July.

I also really hate the move to shorty cruises but they are obviously doing everything they can to maximize the exposure to PDCC.  The 7 night Sat/Sun turnarounds leave gaping holes in PDCCs weekday schedule so they are going to stagger the 3/4/5 night itins to fill those holes during the weekdays.

Going to PDCC multiple times in a row is fine with me.  I don’t get off the ship anyway. …but having to embark and disembark OR just reprocess (if on B2B or more) multiple times is an enormous PITA.  I think many cruisers will quickly tire of this short-sighted (pun intended) plan. It may help them in the short term but I doubt it’s a real solution, long term. JMHO

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think many cruisers will quickly tire of this short-sighted (pun intended) plan. It may help them in the short term but I doubt it’s a real solution, long term. JMHO

I don't like short cruises either,  but they do appeal to first timers and Florida residents.

Carnival became "the most popular cruise line in the world" by pushing them. Therefore,  I guess we would have to talk to Royal about what they consider a long term solution. 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

having to embark and disembark OR just reprocess (if on B2B or more) multiple times is an enormous PITA

We’ve only done it the one time and didn’t see it as a big deal. It’s a waste of a few hours but it went smoothly. And we do enjoy PDCC.

That said, I’d rather just be on a 7-nighter.

11 hours ago, Lucky said:

Anyone have any insight as to what will be sailing out of Cape Liberty, New Jersey in July 2025?

If you look at the blog post from @Matt yesterday, it looks like it might possibly be SY, OY, LB, VI.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/10/16/heres-when-royal-caribbean-will-put-new-2025-2026-cruises-sale

Seeing the number of complaints about 3/4 night cruises out of PDCC I think we are forgetting Wonder isn't suppose to be here and I'm wondering when Utopia was in the planning stages was the plan to have Utopia here in the U.S. as well?  We know the original plan was for Wonder to go to China.  However, if an Oasis Class ship doesn't go to China by July of 2025 Royal will have 6 Oasis Class ships and 2 Icon Class ships in service.  

Obviously during the summer months one Oasis Class ship will be in the Mediterranean, one will be sailing out of Cape Liberty, one sails out of Galveston.  That still leaves 3 Oasis Class ships and two Icon Class ships for the Florida market in addition to all the other ships Royal has in the Florida market.  With these mega ships being limited as to what ports they can visit something has to give which is part of the reason why they are placing these larger new ships on 3/4 night Bahama cruises.  Another reason Royal is placing ships like Utopia on 3/4 night cruises is because they are attracting a lot of first time cruisers and now days most first time cruises want to set sail on the newest and best ships they don't want to sail on older ships. 

Thanks @FionaMG

We’re going to book an Alaska cruise for August or September 2025.  

Kind of bummed we’re going to miss being able to book it at Next Cruise with the reduced deposit.  We disembark on October 29, and the itineraries are showing they’ll be released sometime the next week. 

Just now, teddy said:

Thanks @FionaMG

We’re going to book an Alaska cruise for August or September 2025.  

Kind of bummed we’re going to miss being able to book it at Next Cruise with the reduced deposit.  We disembark on October 29, and the itineraries are showing they’ll be released sometime the next week. 

You can book it at Next Cruise. Just ask them for an open booking. It's the same reduced deposit and then you can convert it to the specific sailing of your choice once they're released.

If you've booked your current cruise with a travel agent, the open booking will be assigned to them, so you just have to get in touch with them to let them know what sailing to convert it to. If you booked direct with Royal then you just have to call them when you've picked your specific sailing.

And you'll still get your OBC as long as you pick your sailing within 60 days of booking.

5 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

You can book it at Next Cruise. Just ask them for an open booking. It's the same reduced deposit and then you can convert it to the specific sailing of your choice once they're released.

If you've booked your current cruise with a travel agent, the open booking will be assigned to them, so you just have to get in touch with them to let them know what sailing to convert it to. If you booked direct with Royal then you just have to call them when you've picked your specific sailing.

And you'll still get your OBC as long as you pick your sailing within 60 days of booking.

Oh. That’s perfect.  Thank you!!!!

31 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

You can book it at Next Cruise. Just ask them for an open booking. It's the same reduced deposit and then you can convert it to the specific sailing of your choice once they're released.,

Just one thing to be aware of... I'm pretty sure my TA told me you can only do open bookings with non-refundable deposits. So if you're planning to switch to a TA group rate with refundable deposits, you have to actually pick the cruise.

If I'm wrong, my apologies (and this may not apply of course but it definitely does to me as I was thinking about an open booking when I'm onboard next week).

54 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just one thing to be aware of... I'm pretty sure my TA told me you can only do open bookings with non-refundable deposits. So if you're planning to switch to a TA group rate with refundable deposits, you have to actually pick the cruise.

If I'm wrong, my apologies (and this may not apply of course but it definitely does to me as I was thinking about an open booking when I'm onboard next week).

I can confirm what @OCSC Mike said.  Non-refundable only.  Here is the fine print: 

Fine Print.pdf

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just one thing to be aware of... I'm pretty sure my TA told me you can only do open bookings with non-refundable deposits.

But let's say one was a suite snob, then that would not matter right? Because suites are all non-refundable deposits. This now has me thinking I should grab an open booking as well when I go on Odyssey in December. That would put me within 60 days of the release dates for February.

But let's say one was a suite snob, then that would not matter right? Because suites are all non-refundable deposits. This now has me thinking I should grab an open booking as well when I go on Odyssey in December. That would put me within 60 days of the release dates for February.

Correct... you suite sn... err... enthusiast!