Opening Schedule for 2025 - 2026 Deployment

4 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

It's been a damper day in sorrow seeing these rates even for the oldest ship in the fleet and then to add all the changes and cutbacks to add to the mix.

Dry dock syndrome might be in the cards with Royal.  Might need to venture horizon over to Princess or river cruises.  Waiting on Celebrity to release Europe because Royal itineraries for Europe were lack luster with no Iceland or Ireland.  Seems they were just basic cut and dry and no long sailing options.  

Very disappointed and then with airfare rates so crazy 

Currently in Barcelona having sangria to cry my sorrows over Royal itineraries releases.

Sad to say doing BTB 10 night Celebrity All included with OBC sailing this weekend and that rate wouldn't even cover Royal for a Caribbean sailing for 2025 for a measley 7 night 

Yes, I know what you saying. I'm waiting for second part of Royal's release of Carribean and also Celebrity. Both should be week of December 4th. 

Where did you get good deal with Celebrity? Travel agency? 

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That second part in December is rumoured to just be Star of the Seas.

If you are waiting for the rest of Royal's ships (ex. SY, OY, AL, FR, LB, etc.) you might be waiting until February. 

And guessing Star, prices would be out of this world completely... 

Would still probably wait, plus Celebrity, Carribean deployment should be released that same week. 

I have sailed quite a few times with Celebrity.  Had itinerary desired and price was really good with All included and OBC.

This sailing doing i booked at Next Cruise while on Explorer of Seas and then transfer to travel agent where it fell into group space so more OBC and then price dropped along the way . 

For airfare booked package thru Delta Vacations to do air and hotel and was able to use Delta Miles and it was much cheaper than doing separately or AirtoSea.

Even now with Delta Sky Miles changing, many airlines are status matching so that's a plus to explore and see what's out there.

All can say you need a good travel agent and have a set budget that works for you and not what agent says.  Deals can be found maybe not as good or many like pre Covid but you just need to set tone for new reality of pricing.  You just have to be open minded these days.  For me if it means open doors for other options that can offer sailings and quality of elegant experience i desire then i venture over and try it.  

5 minutes ago, SMOKEY0202 said:

I have sailed quite a few times with Celebrity.  Had itinerary desired and price was really good with All included and OBC.

This sailing doing i booked at Next Cruise while on Explorer of Seas and then transfer to travel agent where it fell into group space so more OBC and then price dropped along the way . 

For airfare booked package thru Delta Vacations to do air and hotel and was able to use Delta Miles and it was much cheaper than doing separately or AirtoSea.

Even now with Delta Sky Miles changing, many airlines are status matching so that's a plus to explore and see what's out there.

All can say you need a good travel agent and have a set budget that works for you and not what agent says.  Deals can be found maybe not as good or many like pre Covid but you just need to set tone for new reality of pricing.  You just have to be open minded these days.  For me if it means open doors for other options that can offer sailings and quality of elegant experience i desire then i venture over and try it.  

Celebrity all included was that with travel agency? Can't find any good ones that doing that 

I booked this Celebrity Cruise on board Explorer of Seas at Next Cruise desk.  I got Resident Rate, All included and OBC and then when my agent got fax of booking , it was moved into a group rate space that added more OBC.

Sometimes even though both Royal and Celebrity are sisters, when booking a Celebrity with Royal Next Cruise sometimes their rates are a tad off to what is showing on Celebrity website and i make Next Cruise Manager call over to Miami directly to get that price honored and still get perks of booking at Next Cruise......

Had an open booking to expire before next releases so went ahead and got a reservation of Oasis southern Caribbean Nov 29, 2025. I took a screen shot prices. It will be interesting to see how things move over the next two years as these are higher prices than normal for release day. Currently all star class available. Historically around half get picked up the first few days. 

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Someone refresh my memory...What was the starting prices on Icon's inaugural? I cannot remember.

How does it compare to that test load for Star?

That was long ago, after that Royal drastically increased prices all over the fleet. Just purchased icon for fall 24, because new itineraries for fall 25 is almost 50% more of what I've just paid. 

I repeat, just paid. Not when it was released... 

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Someone refresh my memory...What was the starting prices on Icon's inaugural? I cannot remember.

How does it compare to that test load for Star?

I would say sort of similar, maybe between $1900 and $2500 in interiors. Because I was originally booked on the inaugural and my GTY was $4900 for two people. 

Just now, Ampurp85 said:

I would say sort of similar, maybe between $1900 and $2500 in interiors. Because I was originally booked on the inaugural and my GTY was $4900 for two people. 

But that test load was for off-season, not the inaugural. The Star inaugural could easily be something like $3000pp or more for an interior, lol.

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Honestly, those are insane prices to pay for interior cabin that may end up somewhere on Deck 3...

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

But that test load was for off-season, not the inaugural. The Star inaugural could easily be something like $3000pp or more for an interior, lol.

When was the test load for? Dates? 

Remember the prices? Approx. 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

This could be true. The prices in general are high but I honestly think $2500pp for an interior could be the highest for an interior inaugural. Royal is following trends, but they aren't stupid. 

1 hour ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Just checking for Dec 2025 and Grandeur and Rhapsody are more than Indy for a balcony for the same weeks. 

Vision class ships have few balconies relatively speaking.  It's not unusual for the small number of balconies to fetch premium rates.

Interior cabins on the other hand are plentiful on Vision class.  How do interior rates compare?

21 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@CruzOnBye Nov is a sort of shoulder season month, so those prices are still high. I can only imagine what the July-September prices will be, not to mention the inaugural. 

Very true! ugh. We didn't book Icon yet (mainly because we are so close to Port Canaveral and we don't like to drive to Miami lol #gasprices), but I kinda have my heart set on Star with hubby and kiddo, especially seeing it is looking to be out of Port Canaveral. We booked first day released, 4N on Utopia Labor Day week 2024 for $1500 in balcony (our first ever) I feel like it was a steal lol. I don't think I'll get that lucky on Star but hey...I'll "wish on it"..? 🤩🌠

My husband and I always cruised whenever/whatever time of year, but we were dum...I mean, loving parents, and took our kiddo on his first cruise in March and now kiddo is hooked and part of the next 3 we have booked 🤣😭. I think on a ship like Star it would be good to bring him...that Nov date meant I would have had to pull him out of school a full week and we are already pulling him out for long weekends here and there for other cruises so we need to watch that a bit. Unfortunately it means we will probably pay $$$x4 for summer prices. 🤢 We shall see!! 

These prices are insane...looked at an 8 day out of Fort Lauderdale on Oasis of the Seas to Aruba, Curacao, and Coco Cay in a Grand Suite and the price is $13,992 without insurance and $15,270 with insurance.  A Crown Loft is just barely under  $17,000 and with insurance $18,630.

I checked out a balcony with all the goodies, pre-pay gratuities, refundable deposit, and insurance $5693.

As the Brits say - I am gobsmacked!!!

• 1 month later...

NCL just released its winter 2025-2026 long cruise Caribbean season.  They will reposition Viva to Galveston from mid-December 2025 through April of 2026.  The ship will mostly do Western Caribbean 7 night cruises however there will be a 14 night Eastern Caribbean cruise in January of 2026.

Similarly they will be sending for the first time a Breakaway Plus ship NCL Escape to New Orleans.  Escape will arrive in New Orleans in November of 2025 and will remain through April of 2026 doing Western Caribbean cruises as well and Escape will also offer a 14 night cruise to the Southern Caribbean 

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/12/norwegian-winter-2025-26-viva-to-galveston-escape-to-new-orleans-more/

I'm wondering will we see Royal put something larger than Brilliance in New Orleans for the winter 2025/2026 season, perhaps a Voyager Class or even a Freedom Class ship?