Opening Schedule for 2025 - 2026 Deployment

15 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think those are all later in February. 
Doesn’t Bayonne fall under Northeast? 

Doh! You're right and I'm completely forgetting the release calendar.

Edit: Week of February 12, 2024 Short Caribbean, Los Angeles & Northeast

Edit Edit: Though I guess the referenced post is still technically correct.

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There aren't even that many good options out there for 7+ nighters, none the less good prices. Is RC dedicating more ships to the short cruises?

That's what I'm thinking, very surprised. 

Allure will be in Europe, probably because it's going for renovation 

But Symphony, Wonder and Utopia? 

What happened to them? Definitely not doing 3 giant ships on short cruises. 

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

There aren't even that many good options out there for 7+ nighters, none the less good prices. Is RC dedicating more ships to the short cruises?

I only closely follow PC and I know those 7N's are likely missing b/c (I'm assuming) Wonder will stick around for a couple months to do them before Star takes over.

I glanced at Ft. Lauderdale and was kinda wondering why Oasis was doing 6/8's and there were no 7N's.

As for the prices... that's another issue.

At this rate I'm going to wind up on Grandeur out of Tampa just for the price... and I hate small ships.

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That is my exact feeling! You're options at the moment for 7 nighters or more are pretty much HM, OA, the ultra expensive Icon and soon Star, or you sail an older ship. Speaking of older ships, I was not surprised by the hefty price tag on the Oasis/Icon class ship, however, I would never pay some of those prices for Grandeur or Indy. I think I am actually going to pause and hold out till February. I have not done this in a very long time....

Just now, Vlad said:

But Symphony, Wonder and Utopia? 

What happened to them? Definitely not doing 3 giant ships on short cruises.

Wonder and Utopia will be doing 3/4's according to a trusted source (although I suspect Wonder will stick around PC to do 7N's for a few months until Star launches).

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Have you looked at those Grandeur prices?! Way over priced for such an old ship.

LOL, I don't really price small ships. I just saw < $700 for interiors and that's at least something I'm willing to pay (the dollar amount, not taking the ship into account).

What should the prices be for Spring Break or Summer?

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

They have Indy doing the Miami 7 night Sunday-Sunday run now. I was surprised by that.

I didn't look at Miami, that post was only about Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks. If I wasn't driving there for Oasis class I'm sure as heck not driving there for Indy.

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Have you looked at those Grandeur prices?! Way over priced for such an old ship.

Yes, prices on old ships were very low. They are not worth it. Not much to do, very old shows, entertainment, etc. 

But even Oasis, same itineraries as 2024, much cheaper. Sometimes like 30-40%

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

LOL, I don't really price small ships. I just saw < $700 for interiors and that's at least something I'm willing to pay (the dollar amount, not taking the ship into account).

What should the prices be for Spring Break or Summer?

You must check total price... That's not real prices... 

I've tried to price another cruise $900 interior, but then I've noticed that's guaranteed interior, if you pick cabin, that's extra $200 p/p plus taxes. 

So total becomes around $2500-$2700. What initially makes you think of $1800 mark. 

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I think I am actually going to pause and hold out till February.

I'm waiting to see if/when Wonder is doing 7N's from PC in June/July and then I'll be waiting for February with you to see how ridiculous the 3/4's are for whichever ship stays in PC (I assume Utopia but don't really care).

Bad timing for me to get to a place in life where I'm ready to book at least 3 cruises/year in advance but what can ya do? I'm thankful for the 4 upcoming Wonders I have booked at what range from not terrible to not great prices on my scale, lol.

9 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I don't know but I was looking at Tampa sailings for July 2025. Almost $8000 total for 2 people in an Owner's suite. On Grandeur? No way!

Using my limited GS price experience from Harmony and Wonder the past 2 Summers, that's crazy.

3 minutes ago, Vlad said:

You must check total price... That's not real prices... 

I've tried to price another cruise $900 interior, but then I've noticed that's guaranteed interior, if you pick cabin, that's extra $200 p/p plus taxes. 

So total becomes around $2500-$2700. What initially makes you think of $1800 mark. 

1. I used to book nothing but GTY's and would do so again if the situation called for it.

2. I have been booking almost nothing but TA group rates which let me choose my own interior and are less than the GTY price on the website so that's kinda what I have in my head when I see prices.

Your points are valid, of course, if you're just booking directly.

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

1. I used to book nothing but GTY's and would do so again if the situation called for it.

2. I have been booking almost nothing but TA group rates which let me choose my own interior and are less than the GTY price on the website so that's kinda what I have in my head when I see prices.

Your points are valid, of course, if you're just booking directly.

Same boat, not booking directly with Royal for the last like 5 yrs. 

BTW, what travel agency are you using? Or maybe know good online travel agency for Celebrity? Not over the phone ones. If you can just DM me with the name 

6 minutes ago, Vlad said:

BTW, what travel agency are you using? Or maybe know good online travel agency for Celebrity? Not over the phone ones. If you can just DM me with the name

I don't want to break any rules here since the site is sponsored by MEI-Travel. I also did use them for my next 2 bookings and have nothing but good things to say about them. FWIW, Brock Taylor was my TA there.

I know nothing about Celebrity so can't help on that front, sorry.

23 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'll be waiting for February with you to see how ridiculous the 3/4's are for whichever ship stays in PC (I assume Utopia but don't really care).

I have a feeling I will have a few WN and UT bookings in February too. I suppose I should look at the bright side. We usually sail for NYE (at least since 2018), but with this being our last NYE sailing coming up with D17 still in high school, booking shorter sailings for NYE (on WN or UT) might make it easier for her to join us once she is in university.

4 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

IMHO Grandeur , while beautiful, isn't worth more than a max of $100/N......and I am being generous given inflation and all that. 

That is how I feel. I would gladly sail the older ships, but not at such a high price point.

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I don't want to break any rules here since the site is sponsored by MEI-Travel. I also did use them for my next 2 bookings and have nothing but good things to say about them. FWIW, Brock Taylor was my TA there.

I know nothing about Celebrity so can't help on that front, sorry.

Mei

Are they by phone only? 

I believe you can't make any bookings on website or see all of prices 

My wife an I were briefly looking at the Oasis 8-night Southern Caribbean itinerary in early 2026 as we want to get back to Aruba, Curacao, etc., but we may also just change gears and wait for the FEB release to consider Symphony up here and take advantage of no airfare/hotel/food expenses (just parking). We'll see! Hmmm...

1 minute ago, JohnK6404 said:

My wife an I were briefly looking at the Oasis 8-night Southern Caribbean itinerary in early 2026 as we want to get back to Aruba, Curacao, etc., but we may also just change gears and wait for the FEB release to consider Symphony up here and take advantage of no airfare/hotel/food expenses (just parking). We'll see! Hmmm...

Yes, but if it's in February, probably short cruises. Which is more expensive if you want to sail for 7 days. 

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I use e-mail 99% of the time. I think the only time I picked up the phone was to give my CC info.

When I want a price quote I ask for it via e-mail.

That's what I don't like, I price dozens of combinations, between ships and cabins. Doesn't work asking through email. System must be direct. Very few travel agencies have it. I only know of 2.

2 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

but we may also just change gears and wait for the FEB release to consider Symphony up here

Symphony is one of the reasons I am holding out on booking Oasis for March 2026. I really want to know where that ship ends up. I know it's going to fall under "other Caribbean" but would they leave that ship in Bayonne over the winter? They haven't left Oasis there the last few years. It's not really suited for the cold. So depending on where SY ends up in March 2026, and if it fits with our March break, I might book that over Oasis.

I was just looking at  Harmony and Oasis for Nov 2025.  The Royal booking system lists Jr Suites and Sky Jr Suites.  As previously observed, Royal introduced this Sky Jr suite for Utopia sailings as basically Jr Suite with Sky Class amenities.  The assumption was this suite class was going to be rolled out fleetwide at some point and Harmony and Oasis sailings are now offering it.

The problem I see though is the Sky Jr suite amenities listed under these Harmony and Oasis sailings are just the typical Jr suite Sea class list and not true Sky class.  I hope that is a mistake.     

It's been a damper day in sorrow seeing these rates even for the oldest ship in the fleet and then to add all the changes and cutbacks to add to the mix.

Dry dock syndrome might be in the cards with Royal.  Might need to venture horizon over to Princess or river cruises.  Waiting on Celebrity to release Europe because Royal itineraries for Europe were lack luster with no Iceland or Ireland.  Seems they were just basic cut and dry and no long sailing options.  

Very disappointed and then with airfare rates so crazy 

Currently in Barcelona having sangria to cry my sorrows over Royal itineraries releases.

Sad to say doing BTB 10 night Celebrity All included with OBC sailing this weekend and that rate wouldn't even cover Royal for a Caribbean sailing for 2025 for a measley 7 night