Utopia Of the Seas

This has nothing to do directly with Utopia but I just noticed that for the month of June and July Royal will have 2 Oasis Class ships in port at Port Canaveral, both Wonder and Oasis.  Oasis arrival is 1pm and it is a port of call while Wonder of course is returning to its homeport.  I'm wondering what berth will Oasis use?  

Also it is possible going forward for Royal to actually have 2 Oasis Class ships (Wonder and Utopia) homeporting at Port Carnaveral on the exact same day?  Does Port Carnaveral have the resources that would allow for 2 Oasis Class ships to homeport and deal with all the craziness that comes along with turn around day not to mention all the other ships that homeport there as well?

4 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

This has nothing to do directly with Utopia but I just noticed that for the month of June and July Royal will have 2 Oasis Class ships in port at Port Canaveral, both Wonder and Oasis.  Oasis arrival is 1pm and it is a port of call while Wonder of course is returning to its homeport.  I'm wondering what berth will Oasis use?  

Also it is possible going forward for Royal to actually have 2 Oasis Class ships (Wonder and Utopia) homeporting at Port Carnaveral on the exact same day?  Does Port Carnaveral have the resources that would allow for 2 Oasis Class ships to homeport and deal with all the craziness that comes along with turn around day not to mention all the other ships that homeport there as well?

For a visiting OA ship from Bayonne that doesn't require a full size terminal with space for luggage and parking.  She can use a couple of different terminals for a day visit.  Oasis class routinely stops at ports of calls with no terminal such as Cozumel, CocoCay, Labadee, etc.  For a day port of call stop a ship can use almost any berth.

Long term Port Canaveral is adding a new cruise terminal announced a few weeks ago.

https://www.wesh.com/article/port-canaveral-expansion-cruise-terminal/43715177

On 6/9/2023 at 11:18 AM, twangster said:

Next Wednesday June 14 they just scheduled one of those periodic travel agent Vicki Freed coffee chats with Michael Bayley.   

There is potential for a Utopia announcement.  Keep an eye out for a test load. 

I heard a rumor that theyre going to open reservations for Utopia next week???? Or maybe something along that line as part of the announcement?  

11 minutes ago, D Alt said:

I heard a rumor that theyre going to open reservations for Utopia next week???? Or maybe something along that line as part of the announcement?  

I had just heard June... and half of June is about gone so shouldn't be much longer.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Test load on website

image.thumb.jpeg.e1e5f277af1f4f9b5e1816e53b2c546c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0d46476b7dd47cff5a32ae1e2a00d2a1.jpeg

image.thumb.png.8b29c8048d49f7e77f82e2e4ee348425.png

Let's just say there's a discrepancy in pricing depending on where you are in the world. Have attached screenshot of the same cruise from Royal's Australian booking engine. AUD converted to USD, an interior is $766.93, Outside View is $834.62, Balcony is $949.69 and the cheapest suite is 2425.33.

3 hours ago, ScottishRobbie said:

Let's just say there's a discrepancy in pricing depending on where you are in the world. Have attached screenshot of the same cruise from Royal's Australian booking engine. AUD converted to USD, an interior is $766.93, Outside View is $834.62, Balcony is $949.69 and the cheapest suite is 2425.33.

Australia prices include gratuity and the taxes might be different too.

5 hours ago, ScottishRobbie said:

If you compare other Nov. 2024 sail dates on other ships how do they convert?

Maybe because it was a test for a few hours that applied a crazy exchange rate to discourage booking attempts?

38 minutes ago, Jill said:

Pretty decent prices I must say. We’re booked on one of Allure’s first sailings out of PC and paying $2452 for 4 night ocean balcony. I booked back in January 

All things considered it didn't appear to be too bad versus expectations.

For two guests a 4V Interior on Utopia was $1,089.50 versus Allure 4V interior same week $931.08. 

That's not a bad new ship premium for an entry level cabin.  

Faced with that difference I think a number of people would book Utopia.

For a 4D ocean view balcony it would be $1,618.50 on Utopia versus $1,360.08 on Allure based on today's Allure pricing for the same week to the same destinations.  That's $258 more for a brand new ship in the most popular balcony category. 

Not bad at all.

On 5/31/2023 at 5:59 PM, Plumlee2028 said:

Looks like Bionic Bar is now "Pesky Parrot" and Izumi is in Central Park.  Giovannis moved to replace Wonderland.  Otherwise pretty much like Wonder.  

Always thought the bionic bar was a waste of space.  Interesting to watch once, but too slow from ordering to delivery.