Jump to content

Lowest Price Guarentee, Seems No More


Recommended Posts

If I'm not mistaken my girlfriend just found a promotion saving her about 300.00. Paid in full a few weeks ago RCCL refused the OBC for the difference. 

After final payment and after 09/30/22 your price is once again locked. No more OBC if the fare is reduced. We tried calling Royal separately and they were adamant, no adjustments. So back to before the shut down. 

Just wanted to let everyone know paying the balance stops your price adjustments it seems. Another justification for using a TA. If she used one she probably would have known this. 

I for one like the idea of not paying in full until the due date . Has this happened to anyone else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'm all for getting the best deal whenever possible, it does make business sense to lock people's prices at some point.  Otherwise, when they offer a last minute sale to fill the last few empty cabins on a ship, those cruisers paying attention will just call and take advantage of the deal.  That's got to cost them some money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wonderful TA @Sharla did explain to me that if you find that what you paid for your room now exceeds what you can get a higher lever room for you can call and they will move up to the higher lever room if there are any available. My example is we booked an interior on Wonder to add someone last minute like a week before final payment date and the price was almost 3k and I figured oh the price could go down closer in but since we no longer can get it adjusted past final payment then if say an ocean view or a balcony goes under 3K before sailing that we could call and move the interior room to the higher category. So at least a reason I have still been watching the price since final payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

If I'm not mistaken my girlfriend just found a promotion saving her about 300.00. Paid in full a few weeks ago RCCL refused the OBC for the difference. 

After final payment and after 09/30/22 your price is once again locked. No more OBC if the fare is reduced. We tried calling Royal separately and they were adamant, no adjustments. So back to before the shut down. 

Just wanted to let everyone know paying the balance stops your price adjustments it seems. Another justification for using a TA. If she used one she probably would have known this. 

I for one like the idea of not paying in full until the due date . Has this happened to anyone else?

This is standard policy, no price match after final payment. 
Wr all got a little spoiled with the relaxed “Covid Policies”, but alas; they are gone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

This is standard policy, no price match after final payment. 
Wr all got a little spoiled with the relaxed “Covid Policies”, but alas; they are gone 

My wife and I were just talking about our experiences sailing during the pandemic.

It really was the best of times and the worst of times……from getting OBC for prices drops after final payment to our sailing on Adventure with 480ish guests to having to wear masks everywhere and the stress of testing.  
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, teddy said:

My wife and I were just talking about our experiences sailing during the pandemic.

It really was the best of times and the worst of times……from getting OBC for prices drops after final payment to our sailing on Adventure with 480ish guests to having to wear masks everywhere and the stress of testing.  
 

 

My wife and I had the same discussion last week on Navigator. It was our first cruise back at full capacity. While we enjoyed the uncrowded ships it was also really nice being back on a ship that had some 'life'. I was a little worried about crowds but was quickly reminded how cruise ships have a way of dispersing crowds. Other than pool decks on sea days we never felt 'crowded', lines were non existant after day 1 and we had a fantastic cruise. I'll take the 'old' experience than the half full ship with masks and testing requirements anyday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NEW TERM :

"Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price within 48 hours from the time you booked— just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment."

OLD TERM :

"The Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must have booked on or before March 31, 2022, for sailings that depart before September 30, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value."

Old term stated prior to sail date, then the new term stated from the time you booked. So it's gone ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TeRriii said:

NEW TERM :

"Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price within 48 hours from the time you booked— just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment."

OLD TERM :

"The Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must have booked on or before March 31, 2022, for sailings that depart before September 30, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value."

Old term stated prior to sail date, then the new term stated from the time you booked. So it's gone ?

 

Right, New term gives 48 hours from booking.  Old term also had a clearly defined window indicating that it would go away come October 2022.  Sail date had to be by September 30.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xaa said:

Right, New term gives 48 hours from booking.  Old term also had a clearly defined window indicating that it would go away come October 2022.  Sail date had to be by September 30.

I m so confused about 48 hrs from booking... Does it mean 48 hrs by the time you submit your full payment ? Could you tell... Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ptrg said:

I m so confused about 48 hrs from booking... Does it mean 48 hrs by the time you submit your full payment ? Could you tell... Thanks 

The best price guarantee is not the same as the lowest price guarantee.

The best price says if you find a price cheaper within 48hr, you will get the lower price plus the difference back as OBC.

The low price guarantee allows you to reprice a cruise all the way until final payment. During the restart some people were spoiled as it allowed pax to reprice until 48hrs before the cruise left and get the balance as OBC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We learned this the hard way too - when we booked our sailing for Nov right after labor day we paid in full since the final payment date was pretty much right away (we took advantage of some of the labor day sales) we then saw it drop about $200 after the final payment date and called to see if we could get OBC for the difference but since it was passed the final payment date they wouldn't do it. 

So we learned the lesson the hard way - and will probably use a travel agent next time and book more in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2022 at 3:24 AM, TeRriii said:

NEW TERM :

"Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price within 48 hours from the time you booked— just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment."

OLD TERM :

"The Cruise with Confidence Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must have booked on or before March 31, 2022, for sailings that depart before September 30, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value."

Old term stated prior to sail date, then the new term stated from the time you booked. So it's gone ?

 

Two different policies (even pre covid). "Best Price" and "Lowest Price" cover two different scenarios.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, LJay0301 said:

We learned this the hard way too - when we booked our sailing for Nov right after labor day we paid in full since the final payment date was pretty much right away (we took advantage of some of the labor day sales) we then saw it drop about $200 after the final payment date and called to see if we could get OBC for the difference but since it was passed the final payment date they wouldn't do it. 

So we learned the lesson the hard way - and will probably use a travel agent next time and book more in advance. 

We did make full payment then less then 48hrs later, price dropped, we called back but they still find their ways to denied OBC or refund the different.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ptrg said:

We did make full payment then less then 48hrs later, price dropped, we called back but they still find their ways to denied OBC or refund the different.... 

"find their ways"??  If it was past final payment, then that is policy; no price match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Final payment is the end all. I mean the deadline and not the actual payment.

I.e. if final payment was Sept 3rd and you booked on Sept 5th but the price went down on the 6th, you wouldn't be able to take advantage of the 48hr guarantee or lower price guarantee. However, if you book a cruise on Oct 1st and final payment was the 23rd; you would have the option of the 48hr and the lowest price guarantee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

"find their ways"??  If it was past final payment, then that is policy; no price match.

I called in on the 21st of September to shop for staterooms (from interior to balcony... How it work for pick your own rooms vs their pick it for you. Ect...)so the next day we called back, picked the room we like, and paid for it.. ( on 22nd).. so "their ways" was the 21st was the day we booked??!!! Not on 22nd... For me it was a trick... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no difference in final payment policy between picking your room or letting them pick your room (also known as a Guarantee booking).  You haven't told us when you are sailing so we can't fully answer your question.  If your cruise is already past its final payment due date, then your price is set.  It doesn't matter when or how you booked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

There is no difference in final payment policy between picking your room or letting them pick your room (also known as a Guarantee booking).  You haven't told us when you are sailing so we can't fully answer your question.  If your cruise is already past its final payment due date, then your price is set.  It doesn't matter when or how you booked.

We are going to sail Nov this Year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Final payment date depends on the length of your cruise.  I have B2B cruises in Dec.  The first one is a 4 night; the second one is 7 nights.  The final payment for the second cruise was due at 90 days while the final payment for the first cruise wasn’t due until 75 days out.  I had to pay final payment on the #2 before I did on #1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Coda_Sarah said:

I am not surprised they are no longer allowing it after final payment.  On a happier note, I have seen 3 price drops on my cruise and taken advantage of every one of them!

Hello... Could you tell more details about it? Did you call in within 48hrs....? You are only one so far as I know in this forum 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I sail in Nov, my final payment was due in Aug. So, if you booked in Sept, you were past the final payment date and therefore none of those policies apply. It is not misleading. 

It is first time we booked for cruise ship and we have no ideal about 75/90 days to final payment. So like I discussed above: I called in to shop for prices/rooms on 9/21/2022 , called back next day and make full payment, early in the morning of the 24th , price dropped... Called back then got denied. Please explain when we are able to get either OBC or refund the different... So next time we will get it( maybe not with RC anymore... who know)Thanks in advance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ptrg said:

Hello... Could you tell more details about it? Did you call in within 48hrs....? You are only one so far as I know in this forum 🤔

 

5 hours ago, Ptrg said:

It is first time we booked for cruise ship and we have no ideal about 75/90 days to final payment. So like I discussed above: I called in to shop for prices/rooms on 9/21/2022 , called back next day and make full payment, early in the morning of the 24th , price dropped... Called back then got denied. Please explain when we are able to get either OBC or refund the different... So next time we will get it( maybe not with RC anymore... who know)Thanks in advance 

You purchased your cruise inside of the final payment deadline. there are NO price drops after final payment.

Period

End of story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ptrg said:

It is first time we booked for cruise ship and we have no ideal about 75/90 days to final payment. So like I discussed above: I called in to shop for prices/rooms on 9/21/2022 , called back next day and make full payment, early in the morning of the 24th , price dropped... Called back then got denied. Please explain when we are able to get either OBC or refund the different... So next time we will get it( maybe not with RC anymore... who know)Thanks in advance 

Final payment date is exact, and nothing is allowed after that. The date doesn't change, it doesn't extend if you book closer to sail date. So, if you booked a November cruise in Sept, that would be 60 days before sailing, which is after final payment. It doesn't matter if the price dropped 1min after you made payment, you booked after the final payment window. 

The other poster was able to get multiple price adjustments because they weren't past final payment. I booked a cruise that sails in Jan 2023, last October. I was able to get about 5 price adjustments since then because final payment isn't until Oct 24th. You can do the 48hr and lowest price guarantee as long as final payment hasn't passed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2022 at 1:18 PM, Ptrg said:

Hello... Could you tell more details about it? Did you call in within 48hrs....? You are only one so far as I know in this forum 🤔

Oh gosh...sure...I booked it on August 21st (1484 a person, plus balcony suite discount and 30% off)...rebooked for lower price on Sept 1 ($1427 a person, balcony discount, 30% off), Sept. 7 ($1413 a person, balcony discount, 30% off), Sept. 21 ($1370 a person, balcony discount, 30% off).

 

So I rebooked 3 times since August 21st.  The price hasn't changed since Sept. 21st.  

 

My cruise is August 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coda_Sarah said:

 

My cruise is August 2023.

This is the key part….August 2023!!! Take note. This is well outside of the final payment date. If you are inside the final payment date, your cruise price is NOT going to be adjusted and you are NOT going to get any kind of onboard credit…..PERIOD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Once again, before making a payment, I only see this information (see picture) it only show that we will get OBC if the price change within "48 HOURS"... nothing else. It never show to customer about " 60/75/90 days for final payment ..ect" which  is we never know until now. I just not agree what I read on this page in that picture...! 

Screenshot_2022-10-10-10-04-22-42_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2022 at 5:50 PM, TXcruzer said:

 

You purchased your cruise inside of the final payment deadline. there are NO price drops after final payment.

Period

End of story

It is not telling me inside or outside of my final payment... It only say we have 48 HOURS for best price guaranty... I wish they should say more clearly on this page on their website. That's my point of view. 

Screenshot_2022-10-10-10-04-22-42_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...