Jump to content

Casino Royale for dummies!


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CHRIS WONG said:

A basic and informative video on how Casino Royale works onboard our ships!

 

I hope you guys find this information useful.

 

 

specifically: at 6:49 you state that it's important to use the Sea Pass card so that Casino Hosts can track our points and reward us at the end of our cruise.  Do we need to speak with the host before the end of each cruise, or are the rewards posted automatically to our account?  How do we see rewards? Do they expire once the cruise is over? 

And: how can we get notified of offers that are valid beyond the end of a particular cruise?  We have used the drop-down box on clubroyaleoffers.com that says "not getting my offers"....emailed...called...and been assured that our account(s) are tied to one email, with permissions to receive offers....yet  we never know of current offers unless we specifically log in to the site each week. 

I've learned from long-time cruisers that the accumulation of points and offers is "voodoo" and "harder than quantum physics" to compute, and am happy to take what offers come my family's way....but we have 3 gamblers and I would love to know more about how and when to redeem these magical offers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, PRMLVM said:

specifically: at 6:49 you state that it's important to use the Sea Pass card so that Casino Hosts can track our points and reward us at the end of our cruise.  Do we need to speak with the host before the end of each cruise, or are the rewards posted automatically to our account?  How do we see rewards? Do they expire once the cruise is over? 

And: how can we get notified of offers that are valid beyond the end of a particular cruise?  We have used the drop-down box on clubroyaleoffers.com that says "not getting my offers"....emailed...called...and been assured that our account(s) are tied to one email, with permissions to receive offers....yet  we never know of current offers unless we specifically log in to the site each week. 

I've learned from long-time cruisers that the accumulation of points and offers is "voodoo" and "harder than quantum physics" to compute, and am happy to take what offers come my family's way....but we have 3 gamblers and I would love to know more about how and when to redeem these magical offers!

http://www.clubroyaleoffers.com

Enter your last name and your Crown ^ Anchor Society #, your club Royal Tier, Earn Tier credit and tier credit needed will show up.  Hope this help.

image.thumb.png.36d69a4bd8c0f921cc97e7379bf3f7a0.png

This is per cruise:

image.thumb.jpeg.3673c55031f327b042710407844584a0.jpeg

Edited by AshleyDillo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KevinK Thank you for the link and the chart!  Everyone here is so helpful.   That is the site we go to, to see our offers.  Every once in a while, we get a postcard with an offer sent to us.  I thought that RCI emails the offers, and I contacted them (via the menu on the site you linked; email; and phone) and was told that each person has a distinct email and a preference to receive the offers.   We've never received an email.  So, we try to remember to check that site you referenced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PRMLVM said:

@KevinK Thank you for the link and the chart!  Everyone here is so helpful.   That is the site we go to, to see our offers.  Every once in a while, we get a postcard with an offer sent to us.  I thought that RCI emails the offers, and I contacted them (via the menu on the site you linked; email; and phone) and was told that each person has a distinct email and a preference to receive the offers.   We've never received an email.  So, we try to remember to check that site you referenced.

If you ever in your life put your email to other passengers, even family members, Royal will not send you casino promotional emails.  
I've tried numerous times to get the associated accounts off of my email, it seems to always revert back when IT does an update and I have people attached to my account. I do not expect it will ever change.  I did change my own personal email with Royal at one point, and it reverted back to the old.  It's one of those things I've learned to live with-and I try to remember to check my offers page frequently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent video @CHRIS WONG.  Watched it on YouTube yesterday.  Will the casino staff provide any guidance/help on how to play the various games and gamble onboard so we can give Royal more of our money? 😀   Do the experienced gamblers get frustrated with the newbees who are trying to learn?  Any thoughts or recommendations for how to best get started playing in Casino Royale?   Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

If you ever in your life put your email to other passengers, even family members, Royal will not send you casino promotional emails.  
I've tried numerous times to get the associated accounts off of my email, it seems to always revert back when IT does an update and I have people attached to my account. I do not expect it will ever change.  I did change my own personal email with Royal at one point, and it reverted back to the old.  It's one of those things I've learned to live with-and I try to remember to check my offers page frequently.

The common denominator in so many issues posted across these message boards continually seems to be RCI IT.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, EmptyNestTravels said:

Excellent video @CHRIS WONG.  Watched it on YouTube yesterday.  Will the casino staff provide any guidance/help on how to play the various games and gamble onboard so we can give Royal more of our money? 😀   Do the experienced gamblers get frustrated with the newbees who are trying to learn?  Any thoughts or recommendations for how to best get started playing in Casino Royale?   Thanks!

The Casino runs "learn to play"  for the tables.  It is typically on day 1 and day 2 of the cruise.  It is helpful.  
I've sat at three card poker, unsure of things and others will help, and the dealer will offer their thought if you ask.  *you are not competing with anyone so it's a "no stress" in that regard.
I understand serious Blackjack players do not appreciate the newbie because you can "screw them up" (I've no idea if it's "real" or if  it's just perceived to be real).  I won't play blackjack for that reason.
Slots, I finally took it upon myself to play something other than video poker, sat at some giant machine in a series of 3, and asked the lady next to me if she could explain the game.  She was AMAZING, and took the time to tell me what I was looking at, hoping for etc....and how she does her bets-and how I could do mine, etc.  If a question came up she would answer it for me.  We sat for quite some time together and she trusted me enough to watch her machine while she hit the ladies room.  I think most players will share how to play a machine.
As a person who dabbles in gambling I tell those newbies who sit next to me. and see a huge win, "you've not seen how much they have lost before you got here", "bets are subjective to be large-their income can be hundreds of thousands a year or more", "someone can be looking at your bet and be thinking -how can he bet that much", "don't forget to tip the dealer on a good win", "have a set amount to gamble for the cruise and don't exceed it, no matter what".  
I also inform them of how to get their freeplay ( you can see the casino host for info on that) and that they should check for earned freeplay on the last night of the cruise, as well as the tier level system and how to check for that with the casino host or online and the final, to look for the "free cruise/$ off" a cruise offer that is currently onboard.  It would suck to find out you were only 30 points away from a free cruise (that might be the only time I would consider playing additional funds if I spent my allowance)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I understand serious Blackjack players do not appreciate the newbie because you can "screw them up" (I've no idea if it's "real" or if  it's just perceived to be real).  I won't play blackjack for that reason.

"Serious" but lacking in the understanding of the math of BJ. When someone at the table makes a play that isn't mathematically correct, they are just as likely to help others as hurt them.

If someone doesn't like how you play, tell them to go find another table. It's your money and your right to play however you want.

That said, it is obviously beneficial to learn proper basic strategy... but to help yourself, not others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

"Serious" but lacking in the understanding of the math of BJ. When someone at the table makes a play that isn't mathematically correct, they are just as likely to help others as hurt them.

If someone doesn't like how you play, tell them to go find another table. It's your money and your right to play however you want.

That said, it is obviously beneficial to learn proper basic strategy... but to help yourself, not others.

I hear you.  I've no desire to play.  I prefer Three card, where you can't really screw up the game, unless they are using a shoe-and you are taking someone's hand when you sit down! LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

I hear you.  I've no desire to play.  I prefer Three card, where you can't really screw up the game, unless they are using a shoe-and you are taking someone's hand when you sit down! LOL

Yeah, if it wasn't clear, I was just making a general point. I may or may not have played A LOT of BJ in a former life and what you described always annoyed me to no end b/c it's not only rude but mathematically incorrect.

I was always hesitant to give someone advice, even if they weren't experienced, so I would phrase my answers (when asked) with something like "the book says to do this but it's your money."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

"Serious" but lacking in the understanding of the math of BJ. When someone at the table makes a play that isn't mathematically correct, they are just as likely to help others as hurt them.

100% this! I worked in casinos and have played in casinos, when some self-proclaimed expert would get mouthy/uppity, I would generally in a less than friendly manner direct them to find a higher-limit table if they were uncomfortable playing with less experienced players.  Everyone deserves a chance to sit at a real table and play for fun and to be comfortable doing so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Chris explained he couldn't do a video of the loyalty program because it changes so frequently. What's good today may change tomorrow, never mind in a couple of years when someone finds the video, then find all the rules are different. I usually stop by the casino early the second day, go through my free play and then perhaps a bit more. Not really a gambler I don't expect to ever get beyond prime. Although if that lottery ticket pays, you never know😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Steve C said:

So how much would you need to spend to get to 2500 points please?

It looks like $500 on slots but how much would be needed on roulette? 


$12,500 coin in on slots to get to 2500 currently I believe. 1 point earned per $5 coin in. 
 

How much your loses (net spend) are in achieving this coin in is purely down do how much luck you have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...