Royal Caribbean Blog

Crown and Anchor Program Updates

8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought it was reported that they do not work at Coco Cay

Everything experienced on Adventure doesn't apply to the rest of the fleet going forward, the CAS post above from Mark Tamis specifically states they will work at private destinations.

33 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But if you are booked in suite, you can still access the suite/concierge lounge correct?  I am assuming the no access applies to D+/pinnacle members?

Restricting Pinnacle from the SL was expected to ensure suite guests can enjoy the SL while allowing social distancing from other suite guests not in their party.

How much they reduce capacity in the SL will dictate how normal the SL experience is for suite guests.  I believe their intention is to minimize the disruption for suite guests but if 95% of all suite guests show up at exactly the same time maybe someone doesn't get access.  I think that will be rare if not never but only time will tell.  

IMO most suite guests probably won't be impacted.  On Vision class with some smallish Concierge Clubs it may be more of a thing because these clubs aren't that big to begin with.  On newer ships I anticipate minimal impact to suite guests.

18 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Restricting Pinnacle from the SL was expected to ensure suite guests can enjoy the SL while allowing social distancing from other suite guests not in their party.

Which to me defeats the whole purpose of the lounge. I don't want to go there to sit in my own little space.

6 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

oh...wait....Suite guests can still go to the lounges?

How can you tell? the letter just says "we've suspended access" and now I'm very confused lol

The post was meant for Crown and Anchor members to inform Crown and Anchor members how Crown and Anchor benefits will change.

The real problem is that Royal hasn't communicated anything to anyone else so when the Crown and Anchor team sends out an update like this everyone else is left to make assumptions and draw conclusions beyond the Crown and Anchor program.

It seems like Royal doesn't want to say anything until the protocols are fully defined and cast in stone.  The problem is they will never be cast in stone, they will continually change.  It's time for Royal to tell all guests what to expect and qualify it with "this may change".  

31 minutes ago, ConstantCruiser said:

It seems like Royal doesn't want to say anything until the protocols are fully defined and cast in stone.  The problem is they will never be cast in stone, they will continually change.  It's time for Royal to tell all guests what to expect and qualify it with "this may change".  

I believe "this might change" is the mantra of everything at this point.

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

How can you tell? the letter just says "we've suspended access" and now I'm very confused lol

It's a letter from Crown and Anchor, so the assumption is that it's only affecting those allowed in the suite/ concierge lounge due to their CAS status.

4 hours ago, melmar02 said:

It's a letter from Crown and Anchor, so the assumption is that it's only affecting those allowed in the suite/ concierge lounge due to their CAS status.

5 hours ago, ConstantCruiser said:

The letter was sent to Crown and Anchor members to inform Crown and Anchor members how Crown and Anchor benefits will change.

The real problem is that Royal hasn't communicated anything to anyone else so when the Crown and Anchor team sends out an update like this everyone else is left to make assumptions and draw conclusions beyond the Crown and Anchor program.

That makes sense. And I guess it would also explain why I - a lowly platinum cruiser - didn't get the email.

*whew* I got scared for a minute!

On 6/16/2021 at 9:53 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

I actually spoke to Royal after they posted this and they confirmed that’s suite guests can still go to the SL. the restrictions are just for C&A members. 

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

With all the double points going to be awarded, just wondering how it’s going to effect everything 

Most people will be where they would have been had the pandemic never happened.

Like all things in life there will be those that try to find the dark side of this promotion.  I don't see it.  I only see good in it.  I cruise a lot and have no concerns about the effect.