Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Odyssey of the Seas to sail from Haifa, Israel starting in May 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently we're the only ones affected who are happy with the decision 🙃 Our September 19th (Holy Land) cruise has been cancelled, but that gave us the opportunity for a lift & shift to October 7

I had about an hour of bliss. I'm an Israeli citizen, but it turns out it's only open to Israelis living in Israel right now.

Reservations  were open today ,  They only sell balconies and up , inside and OV are blocked .

Posted Images

Yes I am a travel agent and got the email also.. It is for the Summer Season. Then it is still on track to move to Ft. Lauderdale for the Winter Season.. Hopefully we have cruises in USA by then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not in Royal site but I checked the options on the local  site: 

It will start on the 4-June with few 3 nights cruise to nowhere 

Will follow by 4 night cruise to Cyprus and later 5 night cruise to Greece island + Athens. Also 7 nights cruise will be added during Jul - Aug and September , latest cruise is 22-Sep .

I guess that is answering what will be second country cruises will started from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Its not in Royal site but I checked the options on the local  site: 

It will start on the 4-June with few 3 nights cruise to nowhere 

Will follow by 4 night cruise to Cyprus and later 5 night cruise to Greece island + Athens. Also 7 nights cruise will be added during Jul - Aug and September , latest cruise is 22-Sep .

I guess that is answering what will be second country cruises will started from.

jew GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites

As Royal Caribbean continues to navigate an environment that is ever-changing, our commitment to each of you, our valued travel partners, is one area where transparency and support prevail. For this reason, we are reaching out today to ensure you are among the first to learn of a new development.

Our newest ship, Odyssey of the Seas, will now sail from Haifa, Israel beginning May 2021, offering a combination of 3-to-7-night escapes visiting the Greek Isles and Cyprus. Residents of Israel will be the first to experience this Quantum Ultra Class newcomer during an inaugural season that offers a variety of new and signature onboard experiences. Highlights onboard include a two-level pool deck designed for downtime under the sun and stars, SeaPlex - the two-level indoor and outdoor activity complex that is a high-adrenaline playground for all ages, and a lineup of complimentary and specialty restaurants primed to please every palate with cuisine from around the world. Itinerary details for these new sailings will be available in the coming days, at which time Israeli residents can begin making reservations.

“We are thrilled to debut Royal Caribbean cruises from Israel with our newest and most innovative ship, Odyssey of the Seas. Israeli travelers will be looking to get away, relax with total peace of mind, and enjoy the travel experiences they are missing dearly; and that is what we do best,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO of Royal Caribbean International. “Sailing from Israel is an opportunity we have had our sights on for quite some time. We greatly appreciate the government of Israel for their collaboration and confidence in us to deliver memorable cruise experiences to their residents, and look forward to delivering on that promise aboard our newest ship – the first ‘Green Island’ at sea.”

Additionally, in conjunction with Israel’s health and tourism authorities, these will be the first fully-vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests above the age of 16 will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to boarding. Details on the additional health and safety measures to be implemented by Israel and Royal Caribbean will be announced at a later date.

As you can imagine, it's never an easy decision when our guests’ vacation plans are disrupted. Much thought and planning went into moving Odyssey’s debut to Israel, resulting in the cancellation of a planned Europe season. Guests currently confirmed on an impacted European cruise departing May 9 — October 28, 2021 will have the option to request a refund of the funds paid or leverage Lift & Shift to move to any 2022 sailing of their choice; otherwise, a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be automatically administered. Plus, knowing that your clients were eagerly awaiting Odyssey’s inaugural season, a special $100 Onboard Credit per stateroom will be issued to those guests selecting a Future Cruise Credit or the Lift & Shift option. All affected guests and associated travel partners will soon receive an email notification to outline the compensation options in greater detail.

Your partnership means the world to us and, little by little, we are making strides toward crafting vacation memories on the high seas once again!

Stay safe!

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I find interesting in this announcement is:

"In conjunction with Israel's health and tourism authorities, Royal Caribbean will be the first to offer fully vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests above the age of 16 will be vaccinated against COVID-19. Details on the additional health and safety measures to be implemented by Israel and Royal Caribbean will be announced at a later date."

A set up for other countries to follow suit? The future will tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jim S said:

Odyssey must be returning to Rome at the end of September 2022. We have just booked a 12 night Holy Land cruise 19-31 October ‘22. Looking forward to it. 😁👍

It might  , last planned cruise out of Israel is end of Sep from Haifa to Rome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

What I find interesting in this announcement is:

"In conjunction with Israel's health and tourism authorities, Royal Caribbean will be the first to offer fully vaccinated sailings, where both crew and guests above the age of 16 will be vaccinated against COVID-19. Details on the additional health and safety measures to be implemented by Israel and Royal Caribbean will be announced at a later date."

A set up for other countries to follow suit? The future will tell.

More like it was the condition of the Israeli health authorities + the Greek/Cyprus one.

But might be followed by the UK .

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

What I find interesting in this announcement is:

A set up for other countries to follow suit? The future will tell.

I was thinking this too. Depending on the virus/vaccine situation and political will on the part of various governments, I could potentially see the start-up as being a number of very localised cruises for very restricted target markets. E.g. British Isles cruises for Brits, Spain/Italy maybe for Schengen area, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CruisingSteve said:

Guests currently confirmed on an impacted European cruise departing May 9 — October 28, 2021

That includes the TA to Florida on Oct. 28 which was already in scope of the CDC CSO being longer than 7 nights prior to Nov. 1.

Will be interesting to see how this progress.  I'm guessing a non-revenue TA absent of guests so they can effectively isolate the ship and crew on the voyage over and present a "clean" ship to US authorities on arrival so the Nov. sailings from Florida can proceed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

I was thinking this too. Depending on the virus/vaccine situation and political will on the part of various governments, I could potentially see the start-up as being a number of very localised cruises for very restricted target markets. E.g. British Isles cruises for Brits, Spain/Italy maybe for Schengen area, etc. 

British Isle cruise for the Brits, yes please, right now I'll take anything that's offered, cold wet and windy weather, who cares if it's on a cruise

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

British Isle cruise for the Brits, yes please, right now I'll take anything that's offered, cold wet and windy weather, who cares if it's on a cruise

Well Anthem is a cold weather ship and I understand she's currently in Southampton...

Although someone on the other site did raise the question of whether she is too big to get into any other UK ports, to which I don't know the answer. 

And then there would have to be the political will on the part of BJ and his government. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...