Odyssey of the Seas to sail from Haifa, Israel starting in May 2021

12 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Meanwhile...Canada went from  2.69 to 3.8%....its painful

Pain before gain. ?

I'll admit, it has most definitely been painful to watch through January and February but it is looking brighter by the day.  News just out about an hour ago, Canada is expecting about 1 million doses this week and another 900K or so next week.  Way better than the past two months.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, columbus_cruiser said:

They’ve listed the December 4th cruise and it’s saying no balconies are available. Are they really sold out or are they holding blocks for previously booked guests?

I'm not sure anyone here would ever be able to know if they are holding cabins but my gut says they aren't.  The first several cruises had strong sales before they changed the Nov. 11 cruise so I suspect it's just a sign that some are moving their booking to other dates and consuming whatever cabins were left.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure anyone here would ever be able to know if they are holding cabins but my gut says they aren't.  The first several cruises had strong sales before they changed the Nov. 11 cruise so I suspect it's just a sign that some are moving their booking to other dates and consuming whatever cabins were left.

I really hope that they are; it’s just another frustration in dealing with the switcheroo. Hard to move four balcony cabins when you don’t know the cost/availability. 

7 minutes ago, columbus_cruiser said:

I really hope that they are; it’s just another frustration in dealing with the switcheroo. Hard to move four balcony cabins when you don’t know the cost/availability. 

For sure.  However they offered three alternate dates.  They can't hold cabins on all them not sure if guests will stay on the new 5 night, request a refund or pick one of three other sailings.

Have you to talked to them?

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

For sure.  However they offered three alternate dates.  They can't hold cabins on all them not sure if guests will stay on the new 5 night, request a refund or pick one of three other sailings.

Have you to talked to them?

I called C&A and they offered no help and I had to walk the representative through what was happening. 

I’ll call the TA tomorrow to see if she can figure anything out. 

On 4/3/2021 at 9:42 PM, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

You'll have to come back and give us your impressions when you do.

Thank you! I definitely will.

I'm debating buying another earlier in the year but waiting until I can pay for the whole October cruise first. I splurged on a junior suite since I don't have to pay for plane or lodgings in Europe this time.

I don't know if they'll ever depart from Israel in future again (instead of just using us as a port in Haifa and Ashdod) so I'm going while I can. I'd love if they made it permanent but it's probably not practical for them long-term.

• 3 weeks later...