Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Finally optimistic, anyone else?


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We recently booked the Voyager TA from Copenhagen to Boston (Iceland, Greenland). Yesterday we booked Jewel R/T from Amsterdam going to England, Scotland and Ireland. We will spend 4 days in Northern Europe getting from Amsterdam to Copenhagen and turn those into disjointed S2S.  We will stay on for the first Voyager Canada/NE in Boston.  

These sound awesome too, Husband does not have the vacation time to do a trip like this but one day.  I start drooling thinking about planing a trip like this.  My husband thinks I get as much enjoyment out of planning as I do the trip.  I think he's right.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely.  Back up to 20+ cruises booked. 

Royal did a survey among crew at home 2 weeks ago and found ~4,000 already have been vaccinated.  Voyager class normally has ~1,200 crew so depending on the breakdown of who is vaccinated they could i

I absolutely agree with you.  I think I get just as much pleasure out of planning....and then the cruise comes and it goes by SOOOO fast.

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I absolutely agree with you.  I think I get just as much pleasure out of planning....and then the cruise comes and it goes by SOOOO fast.

I'm the same way!! I'm also getting optimistic for the restart. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the next Caribbean itineraries. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

. I have such a phobia of flying unfortunately though. 😩 

I was the worlds WORST flyer, at the age of 15 i was in a glider that almost crashed! Took me 15 yrs to fly again, Uk to spain just 3 or so hours but i hated every second of it. 

Best thing i did was book a trip to Orlando as the long haul flight helped me overcome a lot of my fears. 

Now ive been all over the world seeing places i could never have imagined seeing 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a cruise planned September this year on the Allure, and hoping with everything I have that it will go ahead.

We are also coming from South Africa, which is still under travel ban from the USA, so there's plenty of obstacles for us still. There also doesn't seem to be a clear idea of when we will see that lifted. 

We have until July to make the final call (July is the d-day for our 2-week Orlando stint before the cruise), so I hope to see movement soon soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 1:51 AM, Ray said:

I was the worlds WORST flyer, at the age of 15 i was in a glider that almost crashed! Took me 15 yrs to fly again, Uk to spain just 3 or so hours but i hated every second of it. 

Best thing i did was book a trip to Orlando as the long haul flight helped me overcome a lot of my fears. 

Now ive been all over the world seeing places i could never have imagined seeing 🙂

I'm beyond jealous, I really wish I could follow in your footsteps literally. Maybe one day I'll try a short flight from NJ to FL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm beyond jealous, I really wish I could follow in your footsteps literally. Maybe one day I'll try a short flight from NJ to FL. 

Mr. SpeedNoodles is terrified of flying, so we drug him.  He can't fly alone since he needs a chaperone, but that prevents him from cruising without me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Mr. SpeedNoodles is terrified of flying, so we drug him.  He can't fly alone since he needs a chaperone, but that prevents him from cruising without me.

Drug him? As in what because that what I would need? I would need to not be able to stand on my own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Drug him? As in what because that what I would need? I would need to not be able to stand on my own. 

My mom was terrified to fly so she just hit the Bar before her flight and was fine and drunk.  I've heard of sedatives that make everything ok.

 

"Physicians can prescribe medications as needed for flight anxiety. The most common class includes benzodiazepines like Xanax and Ativan, which are relatively fast-acting to relieve anxiety and stay in the body for several hours, which is the duration for most cross-country flights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MicDay said:

My mom was terrified to fly so she just hit the Bar before her flight and was fine and drunk.  I've heard of sedatives that make everything ok.

 

"Physicians can prescribe medications as needed for flight anxiety. The most common class includes benzodiazepines like Xanax and Ativan, which are relatively fast-acting to relieve anxiety and stay in the body for several hours, which is the duration for most cross-country flights.

My wife has gotten prescribed meds for long flights before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 3:37 AM, KirstenCapeTown said:

We have a cruise planned September this year on the Allure, and hoping with everything I have that it will go ahead.

We are also coming from South Africa, which is still under travel ban from the USA, so there's plenty of obstacles for us still. There also doesn't seem to be a clear idea of when we will see that lifted. 

We have until July to make the final call (July is the d-day for our 2-week Orlando stint before the cruise), so I hope to see movement soon soon.

We're on Allure this December.  So make sure you don't break anything before we get on.🤣  This will be our first Jr suite.  

In December Allure will be sailing out of Port Everglades.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Mr. SpeedNoodles is terrified of flying, so we drug him.  He can't fly alone since he needs a chaperone, but that prevents him from cruising without me.

As long as it not Viagra 🤭..and the flight doesn't last more than 4 hours,  you should be ok.  But then again,  your there to take care of any issues that come up.🤫

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, RickinSTL said:

Josh.. We booked Mariner for an 8 nighter on August 13 2022

My wonderful TA just forwarded me an email from RC.

RC changed our itinerary 

itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

 

4:00 PM

Sun

Cruising

 

 

Mon

Cruising

 

 

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

9:00 AM

11:00 PM

Wed

Willemstad, Curacao

8:00 AM

10:00 PM

Thu

Kralendijk, Bonaire

7:00 AM

2:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

 

 

Sat

Cruising

 

 

Sun

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

7:00 AM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 2:09 PM, MicDay said:

My wonderful TA just forwarded me an email from RC.

RC changed our itinerary 

itinerary.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

 

4:00 PM

Sun

Cruising

 

 

Mon

Cruising

 

 

Tue

Oranjestad, Aruba

9:00 AM

11:00 PM

Wed

Willemstad, Curacao

8:00 AM

10:00 PM

Thu

Kralendijk, Bonaire

7:00 AM

2:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

 

 

Sat

Cruising

 

 

Sun

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

7:00 AM

 

No coco kay? hmm 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...