Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KirstenCapeTown

  1. I've been wondering the same thing, we're only sailing in May next year, but it's question I had. Thanks for confirming!
  2. Yes! My partner and I will be sailing on Harmony on the 15th. We're coming from Cape Town, South Africa, and will spend a few weeks in Orlando before sailing. It's my second cruise but my partners first, we're both so excited!
  3. I am over the moon! A few nights ago, it was announced that the USA travel ban is lifted for vaccinated travellers with testing requirements. We've planned this cruise aaaages, had to move it, and were waiting with bated breath for this announcement! We will be coming to Orlando late April 2022 and cruising on the Harmony in mid May, I am the most excited I've ever been. Here's a shout out to the international cruises who are probably as thrilled as I am!
  4. Hi all, thanks again for your guidance, I'm happy to report that I've received my cruise planner refunds
  5. Hi there, Unfortunately we had to cancel our Allure September 2021 cruise, we are from South Africa and the USA boarders are still closed to South African (and other) tourists so we cancelled and moved our trip to the Harmony May 2022. We had the deluxe beverage plan and a night at Izumi Hibachi planned which was cancelled, we received confirmation that it's been cancelled and that we will receive a refund, however, we have not yet seen those funds returned yet. It has now been two weeks, is this normal? Who do we contact (via email preferably) to follow up?
  6. Thanks @Matt, thankfully your bad news isn't new news to me, I'm thankfully aware that I can't choose to lift and shift. I'm rather wondering if Royal Caribbean cancels on us and offers 'lift and shift' as an option - with the Allure not in USA in september 2022, I'm wondering if there would be an option to change to another oasis class ship. Basically I'm purely speculating at this point, trying to lay out possible scenarios to our trip to be as prepared as possible as the time draws near.
  7. Thanks so much @Neesa, you're right, the price we got for our Allure September 2021 sailing is INCREDIBLE, and would love to keep it if we can. It would be sad to move our trip back by a year, but if it means we can still go on that price, on an Oasis class ship, that would be wonderful.
  8. Hi all, We have a cruise out of Port Canaveral on the Allure in September 2021. If (and this is only 'if'). We're starting to approach toe 90 day payment mark so we're thinking seriously at what we should do. If we pay in full and Royal Caribbean cancels our cruise, I've noticed that "Lift and Shift" is a common option to take. It seems, however, that the Allure will be in Europe in September 2022, making me think that lift and shift might not be an option. Anyone have this before? Any advice or guidance in this case? Thanks, Kirsten
  9. Oh my goodness I'm so envious of you all! Living in South Africa, we're a long way away from getting the vaccine. Travel restrictions don't help either. Congratulations to you lovely folks that can soon enjoy a cruise! ?
  10. We have a cruise planned September this year on the Allure, and hoping with everything I have that it will go ahead. We are also coming from South Africa, which is still under travel ban from the USA, so there's plenty of obstacles for us still. There also doesn't seem to be a clear idea of when we will see that lifted. We have until July to make the final call (July is the d-day for our 2-week Orlando stint before the cruise), so I hope to see movement soon soon.
  11. My goodness I laughed for a long time at this!
  12. Hi all ? I was wondering, is there an internet cafe on board? Say, for example, we wanted to spend an hour online doing anything we needed, is there a place to do so without getting the internet packages? We're planning to be on the Allure, in case that matters. Thanks in advance
  13. Big news for some folks here, the travel ban has been reinstated, and now includes South Africa (where I live). See article here. Our trip is planned for September this year, two weeks in Orlando and then one week on the Allure, but of course we will need to move it out if we can't fly to USA at all (my heart would break!) I don't see a date to indicate the travel ban lift at this stage.
  14. I see that there is now a brand new requirement (announced yesterday) that international travellers need to quarantine for 10 days. I looked around and couldn't find any concrete info as to how exactly that will be followed through. e.g. New Zealand requires you to pay upfront and they will quarantine you in a hotel of their choice for 14 days. I'm just not sure yet how the USA 10 day quarantine will work, whether it's enforced by law somehow or they simply ask you nicely... Unfortunately, if the 10 day quarantine is enforced (even with negative Covid tests) we will need to cancel/postpone our trip in September.
  15. Thanks for this! I think driving to the port from Orlando is definitely what we will do, it's only the two of us, so I hope that picking up a car will be no bother at all.
  16. Thanks for the info! We'll be hiring a car in orlando and staying off-site in a resort close by to Disney and Universal, so we will have the car and driving ourselves down to the port (can't wait!) Turns out, we're on the same sailing! Booked 19 September and at a steal of a rate, let's hope we can sail. We are flying from Cape Town, South Africa, so it's quite an ordeal if we need to move everything out, let's hope and pray it doesn't get to that. Hopefully see you on board!
  17. I really like this option! Thank you, I will save it. I did a quick google search, and it appears that it won't let me book the car rental because the drop off is over the weekend and the site says Hertz is closed, I'll see what I can do, email or something and hope for the best. Let's hope that we can do all this in September this year.
  18. Hi all, At this point, we are travelling to Orlando, spending 2 weeks in Disney and Universal, before travelling to Port Canaveral in September for our Allure cruise (Fingers crossed it happens!) For those of you who have used Port Canaveral before, could you help with the following: Would you suggest travelling to Port Canaveral the day before the cruise, rather than early morning on departure day? If so, why? What are the 'must do' things to do in the area if we come through a day before Any suggestions on close by but budget-friendly hotels? Thanks so much!
  19. Sorry to hear about the cancellations! Let us know once you receive the official notification from RC!
  20. Let's all hope it all goes smoothly and we can have these fabulous cruises go ahead
  21. We're sailing from Port Canaveral in September 2021, hopefully!
  • Create New...