Norwegian cancels sailings through the end of October

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Well, imagine RC will follow suit, here. I guess every month that passes without a decision just means another future month with no cruising.  Seems theyre saying they need around 3 months from a decision to get everything implemented and squared away? 

I also expect RC to follow suit - NCL have made the decision despite the work being undertaken by the healthy sail panel and I can't see RC being in an different situation, particularly given that the panel is a joint venture - however given RC's track record in this regard the big question is when...

This is important to me as the final payment date for an October sailing out of Southampton is looming. I have been doggedly holding out but, sadly, more in hope than expectation and given the recent developments in Spain I have now resigned myself to the fact that I won't be cruising again until 2021 (when I have three sailings to look forward to - Yay! ?)

FCC will be no good to me as I booked it in GBP (before I saw the error of my ways and joined Team MEI! ?) and by virtue of using MEI all of my future bookings are in USD, but if RC cancel before the final payment date I can get my non refundable deposit back without the need to shell out the balance.

In case any of you are wondering I looked at L&S too but the only sailing within the qualifying window is same itinerary but with an extra sea day, so it's off the table as far as L&S goes. 

27 minutes ago, Ian T said:

I also expect RC to follow suit - NCL have made the decision despite the work being undertaken by the healthy sail panel and I can't see RC being in an different situation, particularly given that the panel is a joint venture - however given RC's track record in this regard the big question is when...

This is important to me as the final payment date for an October sailing out of Southampton is looming. I have been doggedly holding out but, sadly, more in hope than expectation and given the recent developments in Spain I have now resigned myself to the fact that I won't be cruising again until 2021 (when I have three sailings to look forward to - Yay! ?)

FCC will be no good to me as I booked it in GBP (before I saw the error of my ways and joined Team MEI! ?) and by virtue of using MEI all of my future bookings are in USD, but if RC cancel before the final payment date I can get my non refundable deposit back without the need to shell out the balance.

In case any of you are wondering I looked at L&S too but the only sailing within the qualifying window is same itinerary but with an extra sea day, so it's off the table as far as L&S goes. 

Have just read my last post back and am sorry if it sounds like a moan... that really wasn't my intention, I just felt like sharing my thoughts! ? 

Staying with the positive, another bonus should RC cancel is the CP credit is issued in USD regardless of the currency used to book the cruise fare, so I will be able to take advantage of the 125% uplift and apply it to one of my later cruises ?  

6 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Good Morning,

Does anyone feel that since a cruise left Germany (Mein Schiff), which happens to be a subsidiary of Royal, doesn't have some type of positive influence in US operations?

No. I think it's totally unrelated since we have a different virus situation here, along with being under the control of the CDC. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

No. I think it's totally unrelated since we have a different virus situation here, along with being under the control of the CDC. 

Oh come on!  Throw me a little bone, LOL.  They can at least report to the CDC how what has worked, what hasn't and how they can improve!!!!  

Positive Thoughts   Positive Thoughts  Positive Thoughts   Positive Thoughts 

10 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

Good Morning,

Does anyone feel that since a cruise left Germany (Mein Schiff), which happens to be a subsidiary of Royal, doesn't have some type of positive influence in US operations?

Germanys president is a scientist, ours praises witch doctors, they will be sailing for months before we even see the water, RCL affiliation or not

2 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Oh come on!  Throw me a little bone, LOL.  They can at least report to the CDC how what has worked, what hasn't and how they can improve!!!!  

Positive Thoughts   Positive Thoughts  Positive Thoughts   Positive Thoughts 

Sorry - I've been accused of being a realist over my lifetime ?

I hate to be negative BUT. I didn´t think we would be sailing before 1st of Sept or Oct,  I thought Nov 1 was more doable, I wish it would be sooner. They still have not even received the blue ribbon panels recommendations let alone forwarded anything to the CDC. I don´t have a good idea how long it will take to gather up all the crew members, but I would assume it´s not over night. It would be nice to have some more concrete news but I know we will get it when we get it. I also know,  I am not alone in my frustrations. Thank you royal caribbean blog for all the news and information and views. I think a lot of us feel the same way.

22 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Good Morning,

I think its viewed as a test run.  We'll need to see what happens 2 weeks after the first cruise.

Good Morning,

So here is a crazy thought, my buddy who also loves to cruise were talking and mentioned this idea!  NCL and RCG (Royal Caribbean Group) has been partnering on many things lately.  

What are everybody's thoughts on a possible merger?

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

Good Morning,

So here is a crazy thought, my buddy who also loves to cruise were talking and mentioned this idea!  NCL and RCG (Royal Caribbean Group) has been partnering on many things lately.  

I haven't heard any sort of rumors of the sort, but the way things are right now I think it would be crazy to rule anything out!

33 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

I haven't heard any sort of rumors of the sort, but the way things are right now I think it would be crazy to rule anything out!

Royal Caribbean Group and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCL) joined forces to develop a set of enhanced health and safety standards for cruising in response to the COVID-19 pandemic via a new “Healthy Sail Panel” of experts.

3 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Royal Caribbean Group and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCL) joined forces to develop a set of enhanced health and safety standards for cruising in response to the COVID-19 pandemic via a new “Healthy Sail Panel” of experts.

Yes, I was referring to a merger, not the widely publicized Healthy Sail Panel...

On 7/29/2020 at 12:13 PM, princevaliantus said:

I think RCCL should follow by example on FINAL payment dates such as below:

image.thumb.png.e70c5d5eef2e7355ef6bc99e4da9a837.png

The thing I love most in this letter is that NCL released their 2022-2023 itineraries. Anybody know if NCL normally releases their new itineraries this time of year or if this is a more recent change due to the current COVID no sail issues. I so love to see the newest 2022-2023 RCL itineraries.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:23 AM, RBRSKI said:

Good Morning,

If they do, I will require them to combine my points.

I will be Pinnacle overnight.

• 2 weeks later...