Royal Caribbean Blog

Our March Break flights are getting released now.  ("To" flights are open for some airlines.  "Return" flights are almost there).  Normally we jump on the flights right away as the price only increases from the release day.  I've been checking daily and even yesterday there was a Delta flight for $331 (one way) and today it is $514.  But we are holding off.  Guess we will have WestJet credit if we cancel our August cruise so we can put that towards the March flight.  I was very tempted to purchase the one way Delta, and then put any credit towards the return. ...but we are hesitating and holding off. It's definitely a chance....if we buy now, we would save in the end if all is good in March.  But if cruises are still not started up in March, then we lose flight money (which we may or may not be able to put to use for another flight).

For our Dec cruise, we are holding off.  Not sure if this cruise will go ahead, and in theory, we could drive to NY if we had to.

5 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Our March Break flights are getting released now.  ("To" flights are open for some airlines.  "Return" flights are almost there).  Normally we jump on the flights right away as the price only increases from the release day.

Same...I did not buy yet either...

On 4/22/2020 at 10:06 AM, teddy said:

We passed up the cheapest flights I have seen for our cruise this coming November.  They keep dropping

We have every intention of going on our cruise, however my wife thinks we'll see lower fares once summer arrives.  While I enjoy winning bets with my wife, I hope I lose this one.  🙂 

Never mind.  I booked our flights.  $234 total for two people round trip from Maine to anywhere is awesome.   The cheapest we have ever flown out of Portland, Maine in the past was for over $500.  

My wife did tell me she reserves the right to tell me "I told you so" if fares drop.

I was able to add the flights to our existing trip insurance policy with no additional cost.

Said screw it and booked a room for the night before the cruise too.

I am in the same situation. My  cruise is in November and really wondering? Is it going to happen?? Normally, I would have my flights planned by now as I like to do things early. Honestly? I see flights from D.C. to Ft. Lauderdale still way expensive! Wondering if and when prices will go down if at all??

This why I'm really hoping they'll be able to be cruising from Cape Liberty; the fare from DC to Newark has held steady around $150 roundtrip or so. I'll venture to ports farther south and west when airfares and cruise fares together give me a similar value. For now, I'll just enjoy the extra sea days that come from sailing from up this way.

2 hours ago, Chadster said:

This why I'm really hoping they'll be able to be cruising from Cape Liberty; the fare from DC to Newark has held steady around $150 roundtrip or so. I'll venture to ports farther south and west when airfares and cruise fares together give me a similar value. For now, I'll just enjoy the extra sea days that come from sailing from up this way.

My $0.02 here, if you're thinking of flying DC to Newark, have you considered Amtrak?  I've made that trip (and New York Penn - D.C.) plenty of times, and it's a really easy and relaxing 3 hour trip. Hourly departures, no security, plenty of leg room, and fares usually around that $150 roundtrip price on a bad day.  Don't mean to sound like an Amtrak salesperson here, just throwing another option at you if you're planning that trip!

10 hours ago, USCG Teacher said:

My $0.02 here, if you're thinking of flying DC to Newark, have you considered Amtrak?  I've made that trip (and New York Penn - D.C.) plenty of times, and it's a really easy and relaxing 3 hour trip. Hourly departures, no security, plenty of leg room, and fares usually around that $150 roundtrip price on a bad day.  Don't mean to sound like an Amtrak salesperson here, just throwing another option at you if you're planning that trip!

Oh, yeah, Amtrak is certainly on the table, too. We're connected to DC via commuter train, so that's a really nice option, too. Hop off at Union Station, walk a little bit, and oh, look -- I'm in line for my train! 😀 And on the weekends, I can grab a shuttle and get the train in Baltimore. Honestly, with all the cost-cutting the airlines have done in recent years and all the extra fees and whatnot, Amtrak is an attractive choice.

One of these days for a trip besides cruising (😱) I'd like to take Amtrak across the country, and maybe connect up into Canada.

For purposes of this thread, I was just saying that airfare differences between the northern ports and the southern/western ports makes taking the ships up this way much more attractive!

29 minutes ago, CJS2766 said:

So far, the cheapest I have seen from D.C. to Ft. Lauderdale is about $325 per person round trip. This would be in first week in November. Does that seem high? I'm thinking so, but wanted to get other members replies.

Thanks!

booked this yesterday. 

Portland, Maine to Miami. November 8-13. 

$234 total round trip for two people. ($117 each)

American Airlines basic economy. One stop in Philly each way.