KLA

LIVE from San Juan and Adventure of the Seas - 2/22 to 3/2!

1 hour ago, KLAconQueso said:

Alright, cruise friends! I all checked in to my flight, bags just about packed (minus another load of laundry and some cosmetics to pack), and I am READY to go! 

I have a very important question for you all though - I keep debating...

What should my first drink on board be?!?!?! I keep thinking Patron & Pineapple juice or Patron & Soda... and then start thinking something more tropical with Kracken. Or maybe just a good old glass of champagne. Give me your ideas! 

(Note: I don't like lava flows/daiquiris - unpopular opinion, I know!)

A glass of champagne is always a good way to start a vacation! Then switch to the patron and pineapple.. yum, that sounds good!

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I don't think you're a card carrying member of #TeamLavaFlow, so as a result, my recommendation is a margarita!

I second this! If you don’t mind spending a couple extra dollars for the upgrade, have them make it with a reposado tequila.

Looking forward to the review and I'm particularly interested in the St Marten tour as I'm looking at that as well for our October trip (and the current condition of the island).   We did a promenade view room on the Freedom and thought it was great.

First drink?  Me:  poolside margarita  Wife: something frozen poured directly into the carved out pineapple 

4 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Alright, cruise friends! I all checked in to my flight, bags just about packed (minus another load of laundry and some cosmetics to pack), and I am READY to go! 

What should my first drink on board be?!?!?! I keep thinking Patron & Pineapple juice or Patron & Soda... and then start thinking something more tropical with Kracken. Or maybe just a good old glass of champagne. Give me your ideas! 

(Note: I don't like lava flows/daiquiris - unpopular opinion, I know!)

Oh man,  my goto for the first cruise drink is definitely something rummy. I'd go with either a Mai Tai, Pain Killer or a Pina Colada made with Meyers Dark rum -  yummm.  Or just all three in rapid succession at the Schooner Bar!  Ooo or a nice dark and stormy with Kraken rather than the Goslings (sacrilege, I know).  If you can't tell, Royal loses lots of money on the deluxe drink package with me :P

Geez, come on October!!

2 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Alright guys! It is happening! We are in the car and headed for the airport bright (?) and early. DAY to CLT, and then CLT to SJU!

Have safe flights with no delays! And big hopes that your Air BnB is better than expected!

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, KLAconQueso said:

What should my first drink on board be?!?!?!

I'm boarding Harmony of Saturday and I'm having this same debate in my head....and out loud....I think my husband is about tired of me asking him what my first drink should be. These are important decisions!!

Checking in from San Juan!!! Currently sitting in Vaca Brava sipping a mojito. Initial thoughts: 

Old San Juan is beautiful and walkable 

the air BnB we picked is worth every penny. If you are spending at least two nights in San Juan pre cruise, I would gladly recommend it. Shoot me a message. 

Am happy. 

8 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

Magna and Mofongo! Cheers!!! 

Ok, it’s obvious which is which, but what exactly is mofongo? I recognize the plantain in that picture, and the yellowish stuff at the front looks like chopped and maybe fried plantains? But what’s that in the middle of it with what looks like pickle slices and celery on top?

6 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Ok, it’s obvious which is which, but what exactly is mofongo? I recognize the plantain in that picture, and the yellowish stuff at the front looks like chopped and maybe fried plantains? But what’s that in the middle of it with what looks like pickle slices and celery on top?

Garnished with a fried plantain, and the shrimp in the center of the mashed plantain was sautéed with cabbage