Jump to content
KLA

LIVE from San Juan and Adventure of the Seas - 2/22 to 3/2!

Recommended Posts

Have a great time! I really enjoyed that route last year.  I'm going again in a few weeks.  I'm curious about the VOOM on your trip, i'm hoping it has improved since the last dry dock.  Last year it was not worth the money we spent, but I'd love to purchase it this year if its improved.  Please let us know what you think. I hope it gives you the capability to scope and post pics! Enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, enjoylife5 said:

Have a great time! I really enjoyed that route last year.  I'm going again in a few weeks.  I'm curious about the VOOM on your trip, i'm hoping it has improved since the last dry dock.  Last year it was not worth the money we spent, but I'd love to purchase it this year if its improved.  Please let us know what you think. I hope it gives you the capability to scope and post pics! Enjoy!

I bought a 2 device package as I have to college aged boys with me and they need to be connected to the girlfriends back on dry land.  Hope it is worth the money! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday in St Maarten was quite an experience - all around an awesome day  

We started the day slowly with breakfast in the main dining room, featuring Crab Benedict. For our day, we had planned a third party tour with Bernards SXM Tours. I can not recommend this tour enough - it was absolutely excellent. For $40 (tour 1) we had a Air conditioned van taking us all over the island, with a cooler of beer, soda, and rum punch provided. Our tour guide was the Mailman, and he was AWESOME. Incredibly nice and knowledgeable. 

The thing that appears to be the most marked difference is that the theme of the tour became less about the island, and more about the damage sustained from irma. There is still evidence of damage everywhere, particularly on the French side. One of the stops was Orient Bay Beach, and it looked like the entire thing was still covered in the rubble of old buildings. Most places you go on the island, you will be seeing mangled metal and piles of debris. It was incredible to see and learn what these people went through. All of this said, don’t be deterred from going. Take this tour, see the island, learn their story, and spend some money on souvenirs if you can. This island is reliant on tourism, and due to how insurance works on the French side it sounds as though it will still be quite some time before most of it is built back up - probably another year. 

Kind of an afterthought, but I wasn’t a huge fan of Maho Beach. It struck me as a bit of a tourist trap with kind of a Senior Frogs vibe. 

After our tour, we enjoyed another dinner in the dining room, happened upon some additional luck in the casino, and went to the silent disco in the VCL - don’t miss that late night event! It was a blast. 

We are currently docked in St Kitts after having spent a morning poolside with mimosas! We will be headed off shortly for a quick afternoon excursion. 

Thanks for following! Here’s a photo dump. 

FDDE15A5-8524-4B2A-BBF5-D169B840E353.jpeg

400EF08B-DBB4-46B5-9B79-1FC8CBC3C786.jpeg

3D2E4963-8656-4F41-BC1C-E709E9BC2C92.jpeg

F6312B36-2DA7-4978-8926-49C9C6C09489.jpeg

49781CFC-E629-44ED-B081-094C5762C9A1.jpeg

FADDAD1D-210E-4D68-92CE-5748D34BD07B.jpeg

D6604087-1F00-4AD1-8409-9FAA92A75719.jpeg

7C8212AD-8B09-49B1-B43F-19534FF682A5.jpeg

E244FB13-D59C-4E2A-BB82-942DBD8E543B.jpeg

37CB154C-3C38-43C2-9EBC-0179C31357C7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

 

After our tour, we enjoyed another dinner in the dining room, happened upon some additional luck in the casino, and went to the silent disco in the VCL - don’t miss that late night event! It was a blast. 

 

Thanks for sharing the pics! That is one thing I wish I took more of - but I left my phone/ camera in the room most of the time on accident!

The Silent Disco was my favorite!! I had so much fun looking like a fool dancing on my own. haha.

Have you had a chance to go to the Imperial Lounge for any of the gameshows yet? Those were a riot and we enjoyed them the most out of everything! It might be worth checking out at least one night :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrandonOwen said:

I'm very late to the party, but I don't recall seeing a report on the first drink.  Inquiring minds want to know!

I am sorry to share - I went with a Corona against all advice. We had a prank going against my in laws - long story, but a beer worked bette for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, HLWIser said:

Thanks for sharing the pics! That is one thing I wish I took more of - but I left my phone/ camera in the room most of the time on accident!

The Silent Disco was my favorite!! I had so much fun looking like a fool dancing on my own. haha.

Have you had a chance to go to the Imperial Lounge for any of the gameshows yet? Those were a riot and we enjoyed them the most out of everything! It might be worth checking out at least one night :)

Actually sitting in the Battle of the Sexes game show now!!!

9579485E-47A2-4297-8614-13DA5D0998D4.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Kind of an afterthought, but I wasn’t a huge fan of Maho Beach. It struck me as a bit of a tourist trap with kind of a Senior Frogs vibe. 

Thank you! I think it's worth going to see one plane land, but I cannot imagine being there all day (or going back again).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

I am sorry to share - I went with a Corona against all advice. We had a prank going against my in laws - long story, but a beer worked bette for it!

As someone who really only drinks beer and wine, I approve of your first drink choice! I love Corona :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey cruise friends!!! The last couple of days have been absolutely jam packed so I will definitely need to follow up more extensively once I get back - but here’s some highlights: 

- Island History and Rum Tasting tour in St. Kitts is not worth the money through the cruise line, but Fairview house is gorgeous  and Dorine there is wonderful 

- Valley Church Beach in Antigua is so worth the visit. $16 round trip per person from the cruise port, and reasonably priced beers. Food is expensive. 

- Drink card showed up today for $75

- Shows are all great! Food in MDR is awesome! Am happy. 

- Stone IPA showed up yesterday 

- Today they sold out of Stone IPA

Photo dump to follow... now! 

E8793A5F-FAE7-499E-8198-B177AC3F1832.jpeg

55B3F41C-99AC-4B48-98F5-979EED90A2D9.jpeg

E80F4AAC-E14C-4183-ADD8-14E0365DDCA3.jpeg

28D253EA-BB1F-4DF5-A8F1-502305460E92.jpeg

775D4AC9-6665-4A5E-83DC-F4C17BBB6D68.jpeg

68E75F0A-0F95-41CD-98A9-90D4A2171C5A.jpeg

A7D347BF-5899-4D80-B473-FB843A965154.jpeg

B392C825-5C48-4913-A83E-77A2C37F8289.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, melski94 said:

Kayla, do you remember which beach this picture was taken at?  Any facilities there?

This was Orient Beach in St Maarten - unfortunately, most of this area is still very damaged and there isn’t a ton available aside from a couple wandering vendors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 6:18 PM, KathyC said:

I bought a 2 device package as I have to college aged boys with me and they need to be connected to the girlfriends back on dry land.  Hope it is worth the money! 

I have no complaints on the VOOM - according to the speed test there wasn’t a ton of promise but aside from maybe some slower upload times it’s been perfectly sufficient! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

- Stone IPA showed up yesterday 

- Today they sold out of Stone IPA

 

Come on Royal - take note!  Moreee IPAAAAs!

I mean I guess I get it... they're more expensive than Bud and Fosters and the rest of the mass produced stuff.  I'd take the hit on a drink package price increase if it meant a wider selection of beers.  I mean, geez I've usually broken even on my drink package by noon :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Valley Church Beach in Antigua is so worth the visit. $16 round trip per person from the cruise port, and reasonably priced beers. Food is expensive.

Glad this was a great spot for you too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...