I booked a trip for myself and 3 other guest in July. On my booking it gave me until March to add more guests. I wanted to wait to make sure my husband wanted to come before I added names to my reservation. 

Fast forward to January, I was going to add my people now that my husband had confirmed. Now they are saying I can’t unless I pay to add people. So currently they have me booked for an almost $1500 cruise, and they have me listed as the only guest. They will not budge on letting me add my people even though I booked for 4 people. Now I’m feeling like I’m going to have to sue and just recoup my lawyer fees, my money back,  plus punitive damages because this trip was booked for a family member of mine they have an autoimmune disease and we are all supposed to join her for this birthday. This is really stressing me out. 

Has anyone had this issue where they refuse to honor something THEY put on their website? 

IMG_9003.jpeg

Edited by LaShay
To remove a photo

Not sure who you booked this cruise with…but certainly you did not book it for 4 people.  
Number one: I don’t think there is any type of room that can be booked for 4 people for $1500…is there?  
Number two: when you book a reservation, you must enter all the names into the booking at that original time.  As @F1guynz notes…you can change names however…they must be on the booking to begin with.

Your picture is very confusing!  It notes that you have 318 days to set sail yet it shows March 3, 2024 as final payment!  I have never seen a final payment due sooooo far in advance!  What kind of cruise is this, anyway?

As for your statement:  Now I’m feeling like I’m going to have to sue and just recoup my lawyer fees, my money back,  plus punitive damages  all I can say is WOW!  Good luck with that!

I don’t mean to sound demeaning but my gosh this definitely sounds fishy!

You can’t book 4 people unless if you provided their names and info. If you didn’t do this, you didn’t pay for 4 people. $1500 for 4 people doesn’t quite sound right. That’s almost comically low for 4 people. Somewhere you have a disconnect between that you think happened and what actually happened. Good luck to you and your “attorney” for this small claims case that you think you have. 

29 minutes ago, F1guynz said:

Actually, is that a screen shot of the RCL App, doesn't look like it to me.

I am guessing this is some other cruise line.

I feel the OP won't be back to tell us anyway.

The picture is CocoCay so it is Royal.  But it must be some strange discount website or something!

I have no idea why, I was able to book a cruise without inputting names last year when royal was messing with their website. It was sometime last July when I booked, however it showed I had 4 people. I was the only one truly booked and the other 3 spots were left empty (RC wrote TBA TBA) until I put someone's name in. I was able to put someone elses name in on the website and had no issues. I did pay for a 4 people down payment. I also have booked a decent amount of cruises using the RC website, and have never had this happen aside from this time. We booked around the same time, so its possible you had the same thing. I still have the original doc saved.

5 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

The picture is CocoCay so it is Royal.  But it must be some strange discount website or something!

It looks like the page that comes up when you click on the "manage my booking" link in the app but the time line is definitely off.

4 hours ago, ScottD said:

@F1guynz @PPPJJ-GCVABThis is the "manage your booking" page- there is a link to it under your room\muster info on the app when you have a trip booked. BUT the rest of the this story is a bit off...and a 1 time poster leads me to believe we may never get an answer

Thanks I do see this link.  However for my cruises the only one showing  “manage your booking” is my upcoming May cruise.  When I switch to my September cruise, although it shows my room number /muster info…there is no “manage your booking” underneath!  Of course, none of this matters because we all know there is something very off regarding this entire subject!  And Yes I believe we should just let this go because the OP has not returned so most likely won’t.

I'm pretty sure the 'Guest Info' tab on there is just to add passport details and other stuff, not to add more guests. I can't seem to find this tab but maybe that's because I use a TA. The date is the same date as the final payment due so I really doubt you can just add a guest...because that would very probably mean a change of cabin type and a reprice.

On 1/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, LaShay said:

I booked a trip for myself and 3 other guest in July. On my booking it gave me until March to add more guests. I wanted to wait to make sure my husband wanted to come before I added names to my reservation. 

Has anyone had this issue where they refuse to honor something THEY put on their website? 

They are not refusing to honor anything THEY put on their website.  You, unfortunately, seemed to have misunderstood how this process works.

On 1/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, LaShay said:

Now I’m feeling like I’m going to have to sue and just recoup my lawyer fees, my money back,  plus punitive damages because this trip was booked for a family member of mine they have an autoimmune disease and we are all supposed to join her for this birthday. This is really stressing me out. 

I don't usually get involved with this kind of thread.  However, I would like to know what an autoimmune disease has to do with it.  I have been diagnosed with three  autoimmune disorders but none of them prohibit me from cruising.  I have all kinds of aches and pains but I answer "no" to that question on the health screening questionnaire.  I worry about getting an infection which might wreak havoc with my immune system because I'm immunocompromised.  In any case, Royal doesn't prohibit me from cruising and I wouldn't sue Royal if they did prohibit me. 

34 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Fun fact (to me at least)

I had no idea Hugh Laurie was British until long after House ended, simply because he used an American accent on the show.

I only knew he was British because he had that one scene on Friends.