Double C&A Points ...

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Some faithful TA would have posted something in regards to the extension if it was happening.

Yeah my faithful TA reminded me when I put a hold on yet another booking this morning that I had to pay the deposit by tomorrow for it to count for double points. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Can someone clarify this for me: we’ve got a 7 night Alaska with a 3 night Royal land tour. We are in a Junior Suite. 

It shows up in my cruise planner as a 10 night. All 10 nights are counted as a junior suite booking correct? So total would be 40 points? 

Please say yes because that’s what I’ve been planning on to get us to Diamond Plus. 

I asked NextCruise on my last sailing and they said the land tour counts for double points.

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

😆 Completely understand..I am on my D+ quest as well. My cruise card calendar is quite full at the moment but I still can't stop shopping! 

I already had to book a 4th to get to Diamond Plus. Originally our 12 night next October wasn’t included in double points. Then they extended it to December. Now that cruise was in play and left us 14 short! Booked Harmony cause it’s only 2 hours to PC. Then Wonder came along and I moved Harmony to Wonder and a longer drive but ultimately a better cabin and $500 cheaper! Win win

18 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

Anyone rushing (or panicking) to beat the deadline for Double Point bookings?

Kinda. We've had our eye on a couple different sailings for next fall and still haven't decided.

Maybe we'll just do some coin flipping and book by midnight!

(I wish we had booked that 7N Mediterranean on Allure a few weeks ago before it was replaced with Wonder. We could have gotten switched to the new ship at a lower price!)

Not today, but I did book on Monday to beat the deadline. Wasn't planning on cruising next Thanksgiving, but Adventure's 5 night out of Galveston was a better deal than using our timeshare points for the same time. It was a no brainer. The funny thing is our original goal when we started sailing with RC in 2018 was to reach Diamond by the time I retired in 2029. With the points we will earn between our Dec '21 & our July '22 cruise, we will be Diamond. Now, the new goal is D+ by retirement. 20 points for the Nov '22 cruise was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. 

3 minutes ago, kadmgs said:

Not today, but I did book on Monday to beat the deadline. Wasn't planning on cruising next Thanksgiving, but Adventure's 5 night out of Galveston was a better deal than using our timeshare points for the same time. It was a no brainer.

You've got a definite advantage being so close to the Galveston port. It would be so much easier for us to take advantage of this Double C&A offer if we were within a reasonable driving distance of a port. (Baltimore is closest and it's 9-10 hours away!)

36 minutes ago, SPS said:

You've got a definite advantage being so close to the Galveston port. It would be so much easier for us to take advantage of this Double C&A offer if we were within a reasonable driving distance of a port. (Baltimore is closest and it's 9-10 hours away!)

Yes, it is very convenient. We are only about 45 mins. from Galveston. The only downside of it all is very little variety in ports. We will be making our 5th (July '22) and 6th (Nov. '22) trip to Cozumel since 2018. 

Looks like Royal is not going to extend this promotion, so here I am going through the website trying to book another cruise for Fall 2022 since I got nothing around that time! I got 3 in Feb, March, and April 2022 which will get me to Diamond status, but Diamond+ is the next goal! Pinnacle seems like a stretch lol.

3 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Anyone rushing (or panicking) to beat the deadline for Double Point bookings?

We would love to, but my wife only has three weeks vacation in 2022.  Two of those are already taken up with cruises. 

We kicked around the idea of me doing a solo week to rack up points but after 25 years of working opposite days/shifts to keep the kids out of daycare, I’d rather not take a vacation alone.  Once all the kids moved out, we realized we still enjoy each other’s company. 

2 minutes ago, teddy said:

We’re going to end 2022 with 79 points. 

Not too shabby for a couple who never cruised until 2019.   Double points definite helps. 

I became Diamond after my Allure sailing in September.  I'm getting my glass block (fingers-crossed) on the Oasis in November, then getting to Diamond Plus in December.  Double points indeed help!

2 minutes ago, emmef said:

Cool, you might see the Northern Lights!  Our June cruise is too early for that.

That's the reason why I booked it in September.   I was on the Ovation early September 2019.  There was a forecast that the Northern Lights would show up.  I waited up to a little bit past midnight but my body was on Florida time zone so I had to go to bed.  The next day, the lady on the excursion was showing pictures she took of the Northern Lights the night before.  (Shaking my head)

I wanted to book one more but I won't know my 2022 vacation time until after Oct 15th. IF I lived near a port it would be easier. But alas I am stuck in Chicago. I also have very specific vacation time. Anytime in Jan and between October 15th and Nov 30th. With final payment pushed back I am tempted to just put a few deposits down. This place is a bad influence 😉.