Jump to content

Will there be a Memorial Day sale for Dining/Drinks, excursions, activities, etc this year?


Recommended Posts


‘From yesterday to today, all 4 cruises we have booked went from $68/day to now $57/day for the Deluxe Beverage Package  ….. for the 2 cruises that are after Black Friday, I wonder if the Black Friday Sale would be even better?  I’m going to jump on this price on all of them for now, then cancel and repurchase later if necessary.

The UDP has also dropped about 25/person on all 4 of them as well from yesterday’s price.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:


‘From yesterday to today, all 4 cruises we have booked went from $68/day to now $57/day for the Deluxe Beverage Package  ….. for the 2 cruises that are after Black Friday, I wonder if the Black Friday Sale would be even better?  I’m going to jump on this price on all of them for now, then cancel and repurchase later if necessary.

The UDP has also dropped about 25/person on all 4 of them as well from yesterday’s price.

 

 

I want to be on one of your cruises!!  ?.  None of mine are that low! ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, it's irrelevant what someone else paid for a drink package, because pricing for drink packages vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing.

So it's more important to focus on what is the lowest advertised price for a drink package on your sailing.  If you know you want a drink package, book it.  Then if there is a price drop, cancel and rebook it immediately.

This protects you against a price increase, but you can still take advantage of a price decrease.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I have this sailing as part of the roll call!  There are a few of us on the November 3 Oasis!!

Awesome! It will be my second cruise ever. My husband and I are excited to sail on a big (and newer/newly amplified) ship like the Oasis because we both have restrictive work schedules so a 7+ day cruise is out of the question. It seems like the Oasis is generally available only for the longer cruises. Needless to say, we’re looking forward to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sandc4e said:

Well, no change in my pricing at all.  71 pppd for beverage package, no thank you.

 

This is what I paid but I feel it is worth it. That is beverage package + wifi. Wifi alone is... $11/device/day. So in theory the drink package is $60 per day. At 10-12 per drink, that is only 5 drinks...

I can definitely drink more than 5! I also personally love the idea that I prepay my drinks and while onboard I do not have to worry about the price of each and every drink I purchase. Definitely makes it more "all inclusive" feeling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Yak said:

@AshleyDillo I am booked on Allure of the Seas Oct 10th

The Oasis-class ships give you a lot of variety and flexibility with the dining plan but if you've never sailed on one before, there are plenty of included options as well that you might not even feel like you are missing out if you don't get the dining plan. 

I know I've seen it on sale as low as $179 for the week for those ships.  You may be better off looking at what specialty restaurants on Allure that interest you and decide if you may be better off buying a 3-night dining package or going ala carte for those that interest you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The Oasis-class ships give you a lot of variety and flexibility with the dining plan but if you've never sailed on one before, there are plenty of included options as well that you might not even feel like you are missing out if you don't get the dining plan. 

I know I've seen it on sale as low as $179 for the week for those ships.  You may be better off looking at what specialty restaurants on Allure that interest you and decide if you may be better off buying a 3-night dining package or going ala carte for those that interest you.

I agree, we don't do a dining package since we feel that we've already paid for the food ? and only eat the included options.  Even on "smaller" ships, we have not yet been disappointed and don't feel like we are missing out on anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RyanS said:

This is what I paid but I feel it is worth it. That is beverage package + wifi. Wifi alone is... $11/device/day. So in theory the drink package is $60 per day. At 10-12 per drink, that is only 5 drinks...

I can definitely drink more than 5! I also personally love the idea that I prepay my drinks and while onboard I do not have to worry about the price of each and every drink I purchase. Definitely makes it more "all inclusive" feeling.

We don't drink, so we do the Refreshment package to pre-pay for our mocktails, fresh squeezed orange juice, and my "fancy coffee".  We've never paid more than $25 pppd for it and it's easy to "break even" even at that price.  Most recently we got it for $18pppd which was a steal!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, RED5 said:

There’s still no Memorial Day sale banner on mine and the prices haven’t changed at all.  My dates aren’t until September 2022, is that too far off to be included in this sale?

Yes, it only goes through May 31, 2022.

Details: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/05/27/royal-caribbean-offering-35-pre-cruise-purchases-cruise-planner-sale

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, I received 125% OBC for my cancelled cruise planner items in January.

The "30% off" price on the drink packages I'm looking at is about 120% (119.86%) of what I had paid for the cancelled cruise.

Well played, RC. Way to get most of that money back. ?

They must be looking at my onboard bar purchase history! They know I'm gonna buy it! ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...