Would you volunteer for a test cruise? (Survey only - Not a place to apply)

Matt

One of the CDC's requirements are volunteers for test cruises. It's not clear how volunteers will be picked, but hypothetically, would you want to volunteer for a test cruise? Why or why not?

Edited by SpeedNoodles
people are very confused at the purpose of the post and posting personal information

I live in Maine, so travel logistics aside, I would. I'm in a lucky position that I'm still relatively young enough and healthy enough that even if a worse-case scenario played out for me, I feel confident that it wouldn't be life or death for me. Provided I was able to get the appropriate care after and quarantine before traveling home so there were no further repercussions, I'd be willing to take the chance. I'd like to think I could somehow be a part of a solution and a path forward, and I'd rather take that chance than sit around and wait. I know that glosses over a whole lot of what-ifs, but long story, short, I would.

I'll first say that I believe the Healthy sail panel and their recommendations will keep us safe, I trust them completely. So if you asked me this 2 or 3 weeks ago, probably yes. But now that I'm 9 days into being covid positive with minimal symptom's, no. I'll now wait till there's a successful vaccine and I can get it. Still have over a year till my next Royal cruise and I can easily reschedule the May one in the (hopefully) unlikely event we have to.

My answer is yes. My company moved us to work at home if we need/wanted to through mid January so if we had to quarantine for 14 days after the cruise it would not be a problem. Plus I could work from the ship. I reviewed the protocols and nothing is a deal breaker for my wife and I, it pretty well follows what we a doing now except for the taking your temperature several times a day. We have been through several rounds of COVID testing with all negative and both of us are healthy with no conditions. So if they asked I would have the bags packed, preliminary COVID test scheduled and ready to go before they hung up.

I'm hearing alot of volunteering going on but lets set the record straight here. As a volunteer, you will be required to do a lot of tasks. It will NOT be a total vacation. For those who have done the Carnival Fathom, like me, that it gave travelers who were interested in doing charitable work on vacation a place to call home. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Gave me such a good feeling. I also volunteered to do mock 911 training which was another thrilling experience. This will be the same thing. There will be alot of testing, drills and mock situations and what RCG will be monitoring and improving upon OUR response to the given situation. You have to make sure you know what you are volunteering for as you will be signing a contract/agreement to do them. I, for one, will have no issues whatsoever as I've done many of them and it's a great learning experience.

19 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

I'm hearing alot of volunteering going on but lets set the record straight here. As a volunteer, you will be required to do a lot of tasks. It will NOT be a total vacation. For those who have done the Carnival Fathom, like me, that it gave travelers who were interested in doing charitable work on vacation a place to call home. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Gave me such a good feeling. I also volunteered to do mock 911 training which was another thrilling experience. This will be the same thing. There will be alot of testing, drills and mock situations and what RCG will be monitoring and improving upon OUR response to the given situation. You have to make sure you know what you are volunteering for as you will be signing a contract/agreement to do them. I, for one, will have no issues whatsoever as I've done many of them and it's a great learning experience.

I am former Royal Navy,  a scheduled day of activities is something I would expect.  Particularly any emergency evolutions etc.

Only if they throw in the drinks package ? if im going to risk getting corona then i need to be bribed with the other corona lol 

Joking apart yeah wouldnt bother me, any test cruise will be to check that the measures they implement work! It would need to be as realistic as a new norm cruise as possible with Temp checks, social distancing, crew know what they are doing and enforce rules etc. 

Yes.  I would volunteer.  I believe the cruise industry have been working around the clock to get their cruise ships up and running correctly, with the right COVID protocals.

Sign me up. Lets get things moving along.  Honestly, if people are willing to take a cruise they should or do know what can happen, except the responsibility of your action!  Do not take a cruise and complain to the cruise industries after the fact!