Royal Caribbean Blog

Maybe they are catching up? I cancelled cruise planner purchases on June 6th before cancelling the December cruise, I received the refund on June 24th. I cancelled cruise planner purchases for my September sailing on June 20th, and received those on June 24th as well.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a bunch of refunds yesterday for my cancelled August Symphony cruise.  I have been very, very fortunate.  So far (fingers crossed behind my back) all of the CP refunds have been accurate and com

After waiting since the middle of March we have received all of our refunds. We would also like to say a big thank you to Michelle @ Mei Travel for all the hard work she has done for us during this cr

You can request an accounting for any expected refund.  They can look up a cancelled cruise and tell you the various refund amounts that are associated to that exact cruise. I've been in a situat

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just took a good look through my Visa statement.  I have no cruise planner refunds or taxes back yet from AD 07/15/20 (cancellation announced 05/20/20) but I received my FCCs a week ago today.

I haven't even received CP purchases from my cancelled May Majesty cruise yet !  I have received the FCC for the cruise fare, but nothing for taxes, port fees or gratuities OR CP purchases.

For those that are waiting on Cruise Planner refunds from a Lift and Shift sailing, good luck. On Friday my TA saw what I thought happened. Somehow the Cruise Planner refund has become part of the amount paid towards the sailing. The odd part was if the sailing were to be paid in full it wouldn't take the CP extra into account.

Using some example numbers:

Total cost for a sailing: $2000, deposit paid $500, expected balance due $1500

Refund from Cruise Planner: $250

On invoice for line showing amount paid: $750, balance due $1250.

If TA tried to pay in full: Balance due $1500.

Only suggestion my TA had was to wait a few more weeks for it to be refunded. I not, a fun call to Royal.

7 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@CGTLH This why you should cancel them beforehand or right as the L&S starts. I cancelled my CP purchases as soon as I sent my TA the email to L&S. Got back my funds in about 2 weeks.

Exactly, would have done the same but didn't get the chance.

Hope someone here can help. I cancelled my cruise planner items on April the 30th and got the Cruise Planner Cancellation Summary e-mail the same day. That's now nine weeks ago or about 45 business days and still no refund to my credit card. Have anyone here waited for a longer time to get a refund? Should I still sit quiet and wait for a refund or do I need to contact Royal Caribbean?

Received our 125% Cruise Planner credit emails yesterday (June 30), one for me and one for the wife. Received the opt-in on June 8th so it took about 21 days. Was surprising as we had asked for a CC refund on May 20 (have the cancellation confirmation) but it had not processed. Then received the email that stated we could receive the 125% credit so we decided to try it as it could not hurt. I guess even though we had a confirmation that they were going to give us a refund on our credit card, they are waiting and sending out emails to see if they can get you to take credit instead so they can hold the money. Doesn't bother me, we will use them on our two upcoming cruises, if they actually get to sail. Not going to cash them out until we know if Royal sails in October although if I use one now and the cruise is cancelled wonder if they will offer me another 125% on the 125% credit I used?

2 hours ago, Mathias said:

Hope someone here can help. I cancelled my cruise planner items on April the 30th and got the Cruise Planner Cancellation Summary e-mail the same day. That's now nine weeks ago or about 45 business days and still no refund to my credit card. Have anyone here waited for a longer time to get a refund? Should I still sit quiet and wait for a refund or do I need to contact Royal Caribbean?

I have still not received cruise planner refunds from our cancelled May Majesty booking.  Neither have we received our refunds for taxes, port fees or gratuities.  We did receive the FCC for the cruise fare and interestingly, they were each $13 more than they should have been.  BIG WHOOP !!

8 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

This morning I cancelled all my orders in the Cruise Planner for the Odyssey Inaugural (I had my new MEI TA cancel the B2B booking).  I'm still seeing the Cruise Planner items in my Order History.  Is that a problem?

No, it's not a problem.  You will see them there until Royal officially cancels them.  Not to worry

18 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

This morning I cancelled all my orders in the Cruise Planner for the Odyssey Inaugural (I had my new MEI TA cancel the B2B booking).  I'm still seeing the Cruise Planner items in my Order History.  Is that a problem?

Might want to try canceling the Cruise Planner stuff again. When I cancelled my purchases they were immediately removed from the Order History.

1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Might want to try canceling the Cruise Planner stuff again. When I cancelled my purchases they were immediately removed from the Order History.

That was my experience too when I cancelled Cruise Planner orders before.  I was able to instantly cancel the order with the higher prices and reordered them with the lower prices.  That's why I was wondering why the ones I cancelled for the Odyssey did not instantly disappear from my history.  I'll check again tomorrow.

8 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

7 hours ago, CGTLH said:

I tried to cancel my cruise planner items as well for Odyssey inaugural (this morning) and it wouldn’t let me proceed. I just kept getting the banner asking me if I wanted 125% OBC. 

15 hours ago, cookie10* said:

I cancelled on April 26 and i am still waiting!!!

Good to know that I'm not the only one wondering where my refund is. Thanks for all the reply's. What I don't understand is how inconsistent Royal Caribbean is with their refunds. After my April 30th Cruise Planner cancellation I have myself cancelled other items in May and June and also have had Royal Caribbean cancel my Cruise Planner items because of a Lift and Shift. They have all been refunded, the fastest was just under three weeks.

So I'm wondering how it can be that if I cancel something in June it is processed and refunded under three weeks when my April cancellation refund is nowhere to be seen.

22 hours ago, Mathias said:

I did the very thing that you did.  We cancelled our cabana to secure a better price on the cabana back in April for our July 19th sailing on HOS.  I talked to a Royal Caribbean supervisor who assured me that it would be coming back to my card.  (The first cabana, the second i wanted the credit)  I just received my cruise planner credit and you know what happened....  Both cabana's are credited on that.  As of now, I have way too much credit on the cruise planner, and still no money back from the first one.  I am done with it, and have instructed my TA to do what she can to make this right.  (I normally use my TA for the cruise, and my wife and I take care of all cruise planner stuff)  I totally understand that they are short staffed and all, but when you talk to numerous people on their end and they assure you this or that will happen, and it doesn't..  You get the frustration.  Good Luck!!

I think all this refund/FCC shenanigans is Royal winning a battle but overall may just lose the war.

I’m still waiting on a cruise refund and some FCC. It’s on my count, day 45, and it’s been all quiet on the Russian front. I’m frustrated with what they are doing but I do understand it. They are hemorrhaging money with no revenue incoming so they are trying to hold unto the money for as long as they can as that is their near term target; but, it angers me as a consumer that they are doing this and it makes me question my need to go cruising in the future. How many people are like me that are thinking the same thing.

I spend 7+ thousand on cruises all together so add lots of my mind-set up and they we lose loyal cruisers who will find other ways to spend their money. There are lots of resorts and vacation places vying for that money. I used to look forward to emails from Royal announcing new sales but now I just delete them knowing that all they want is more money to hold unto and not return in a reasonable fashion if it gets cancelled. They have hurt their loyal base. It’s to bad they have chosen this route - understandable, but not prudent. 

I had cancelled cruise planner purchases on 5/15 and no refund.  Last night I DM'd RCCL on twitter letting them know I cancelled on 5/15 and and asking when I can expect my refund.  Their response:  "Thank you for this info, and I apologize for the delay. I will go ahead and set up the refund for you. You should receive your funds within 30-45 days."  I asked why this wasn't set up to process back in May and I've already been waiting 45 days.  Their response:  "I'm not sure why, but I have taken care of it and I'm glad I was able to resolve this for you."   So now I'm waiting again.  Hopefully the refund will be coming soon!  I wonder what would have happened if I had not contacted them?

6 minutes ago, CFL said:

I wonder what would have happened if I had not contacted them?

I wish you luck.  I contacted them twice over my cabana issue.  I cancelled and re-booked back on April 19th.  My first call was on May 11th.  They said it was issued and I should get it back in 2 weeks.  My second call (Talked to a supervisor) was on June 5th, and again he told me he fixed the problem and it would be 2 weeks.  I just received my Cruise Planner credits yesterday, and now I got credit for both cabanas...  My only concern is why did two separate people have to each fix my so called problem....

Not sure if I should add this here or just start another thread...

I was booked on Ovation until the second wave of cancellations occurred. On this was the first batch that Royal was offering the 125% for Cruise Planner purchases. At the time no stipulations in order to get the CP bonus you had to opt for the FCC for the sailing. I had gotten the Cruise Planner cancellation summary email on April 10.

On Friday (June 26)  I send a Facebook message to Royal asking what the status was for getting the CP bonus. Followed up today after not hearing a thing. This was the response I received:

I'm back. After looking a bit deeper into your reservation, I see you received a 100% refund, but also requested the 125% Cruise Planner credit. Unfortunately, you can't have both, I'm so sorry if you weren't aware. I've set up a refund in the total of $, see details below. 

---Details of charged amounts and refund distribution to cards---

It may take 2-3 weeks to see this amount in your account. I'm so sorry for the delay.

Cancelling the Cruise Planner orders online did not work for me.  They were still there one day after I tried cancelling them.

I called Royal and asked an agent to do the cancellation.  I got an email confirming they were cancelled.  I haven’t checked my online Cruise Planner yet.

FYI, the refund for the cruise reservation itself showed up on my credit card account within a day.  Thank God I did not have to wait 30-45 days.  Let’s see what happens with my Cruise Planner refunds.

I called Bank Of America this morning for my BOA RCL CP refund from May 22nd for $230.  I have a "Cruise Planner Cancellation Summary" email from Royal as evidence.  They told me to again call RCL and complain to them!  This is still annoying me...

Seems like the refunds aren't really being processed in order of cancellation. I cancelled all of our cruise planner purchases for our September 28th Honeymoon Cruise on Independence of the Seas on the day that NCL announced they were cancelling cruises through September 30th figuring Royal would most likely do the same just so I could get ahead of the next wave of cancellations and it only took about a week to get the refunds. So pretty much standard RCCL pre-covid. Weird right?