Cruise Planner Refunds

I have until April 8 to claim the 125% on items purchased through the cruise planner for my May canceled cruise. I have Symphony on hold with my TA until my FCC shows up on April 30. Can I still select the 125% offer or do I have to select the 100% refund to my credit card? Anyone know how this works?

I have until April 8 to claim the 125% on items purchased through the cruise planner for my May canceled cruise. I have Symphony on hold with my TA until my FCC shows up on April 30. Can I still select the 125% offer or do I have to select the 100% refund to my credit card? Anyone know how this works?

1 minute ago, Bakerette said:

You can select either the 125% FCC or the 100% refund back to your original form of payment!

the FCC must be used by December 31, 2021

I'm referring to the cruise planner purchases. Royal is offering 125% OBC or 100% rufund. How does this work if the cruise I want to use it on is not fully booked. I do not have a booking number and won't until my FCC appears April 30. 

I put a deposit down on a replacement cruise several days ago anticipating this cancellation. Can you not go ahead and put a deposit down then use your FCC for the balance. 

I also chose the 125% OBC for cruise planner purchases. As soon as it shows up, I’ll use it to book my drink package, dining etc. 

10 minutes ago, MrHaga said:

How long does it usually take to get the cruiseplanner cancel refunds back into a mastercard? Cancelled a week ago and still no refund

I cancelled several cruise planner purchases on of my cruises & it took about 3-5 Business Days to be refunded back to my MasterCard. 
I also cancelled a cruise either in January 2020 or February 2020 and I still have not received my refundable deposit back to the credit card that I used for the deposit.

I cancelled Cruise Planner purchases on 3/10; received an email detailing the refunds, but have yet to see anything refunded to my card yet.   RCCL said to assume 30 days for everything...  I also have FCC inbound...  We'll see how it goes in early April.

38 minutes ago, Mike P said:

I opted for the 125% back for my Cruise Planner purchases.  I have a hold on a Navigator sailing in July, once booked will that OBC automatically be applied to that sailing?

That's my question exactly. Has anyone called to find out how the 125% Cruise Planner refund works if your cruise is on the "extended" hold?

• 3 months later...

Yes, never a notification only checking the CC statements online. Received a third round of refunds this past weekend (seems they process everything for us on the weekend), again random amounts that do not align with any of our purchases. Just keeping a running total on amount paid and amount refunded.

18 hours ago, cookie10* said:

We L&S as well. BUT we are still waiting on refunds for drinks and dinner package i cancelled in early May!!!!

Us too!  I can't figure out why we can't L&S our drink, dining, and VOOM packages.  I mean those are all only RCI anyway and would be no need to be waiting for refunds.  I can see the excursions as those are not RCI.  My 45 business days will be up on July 2nd so we will see it they come thru (I am not holding my breath...)

On 6/29/2020 at 12:42 PM, CrznTxn said:

Yes, never a notification only checking the CC statements online. Received a third round of refunds this past weekend (seems they process everything for us on the weekend), again random amounts that do not align with any of our purchases. Just keeping a running total on amount paid and amount refunded.

Maybe they are catching up? I cancelled cruise planner purchases on June 6th before cancelling the December cruise, I received the refund on June 24th. I cancelled cruise planner purchases for my September sailing on June 20th, and received those on June 24th as well.

40 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just took a good look through my Visa statement.  I have no cruise planner refunds or taxes back yet from AD 07/15/20 (cancellation announced 05/20/20) but I received my FCCs a week ago today.

I haven't even received CP purchases from my cancelled May Majesty cruise yet !  I have received the FCC for the cruise fare, but nothing for taxes, port fees or gratuities OR CP purchases.

For those that are waiting on Cruise Planner refunds from a Lift and Shift sailing, good luck. On Friday my TA saw what I thought happened. Somehow the Cruise Planner refund has become part of the amount paid towards the sailing. The odd part was if the sailing were to be paid in full it wouldn't take the CP extra into account.

Using some example numbers:

Total cost for a sailing: $2000, deposit paid $500, expected balance due $1500

Refund from Cruise Planner: $250

On invoice for line showing amount paid: $750, balance due $1250.

If TA tried to pay in full: Balance due $1500.

Only suggestion my TA had was to wait a few more weeks for it to be refunded. I not, a fun call to Royal.

7 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@CGTLH This why you should cancel them beforehand or right as the L&S starts. I cancelled my CP purchases as soon as I sent my TA the email to L&S. Got back my funds in about 2 weeks.

Exactly, would have done the same but didn't get the chance.

Hope someone here can help. I cancelled my cruise planner items on April the 30th and got the Cruise Planner Cancellation Summary e-mail the same day. That's now nine weeks ago or about 45 business days and still no refund to my credit card. Have anyone here waited for a longer time to get a refund? Should I still sit quiet and wait for a refund or do I need to contact Royal Caribbean?

Received our 125% Cruise Planner credit emails yesterday (June 30), one for me and one for the wife. Received the opt-in on June 8th so it took about 21 days. Was surprising as we had asked for a CC refund on May 20 (have the cancellation confirmation) but it had not processed. Then received the email that stated we could receive the 125% credit so we decided to try it as it could not hurt. I guess even though we had a confirmation that they were going to give us a refund on our credit card, they are waiting and sending out emails to see if they can get you to take credit instead so they can hold the money. Doesn't bother me, we will use them on our two upcoming cruises, if they actually get to sail. Not going to cash them out until we know if Royal sails in October although if I use one now and the cruise is cancelled wonder if they will offer me another 125% on the 125% credit I used?

2 hours ago, Mathias said:

Hope someone here can help. I cancelled my cruise planner items on April the 30th and got the Cruise Planner Cancellation Summary e-mail the same day. That's now nine weeks ago or about 45 business days and still no refund to my credit card. Have anyone here waited for a longer time to get a refund? Should I still sit quiet and wait for a refund or do I need to contact Royal Caribbean?

I have still not received cruise planner refunds from our cancelled May Majesty booking.  Neither have we received our refunds for taxes, port fees or gratuities.  We did receive the FCC for the cruise fare and interestingly, they were each $13 more than they should have been.  BIG WHOOP !!

8 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

This morning I cancelled all my orders in the Cruise Planner for the Odyssey Inaugural (I had my new MEI TA cancel the B2B booking).  I'm still seeing the Cruise Planner items in my Order History.  Is that a problem?

No, it's not a problem.  You will see them there until Royal officially cancels them.  Not to worry

18 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

This morning I cancelled all my orders in the Cruise Planner for the Odyssey Inaugural (I had my new MEI TA cancel the B2B booking).  I'm still seeing the Cruise Planner items in my Order History.  Is that a problem?

Might want to try canceling the Cruise Planner stuff again. When I cancelled my purchases they were immediately removed from the Order History.

1 hour ago, CGTLH said:

Might want to try canceling the Cruise Planner stuff again. When I cancelled my purchases they were immediately removed from the Order History.

That was my experience too when I cancelled Cruise Planner orders before.  I was able to instantly cancel the order with the higher prices and reordered them with the lower prices.  That's why I was wondering why the ones I cancelled for the Odyssey did not instantly disappear from my history.  I'll check again tomorrow.

8 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

7 hours ago, CGTLH said:

I tried to cancel my cruise planner items as well for Odyssey inaugural (this morning) and it wouldn’t let me proceed. I just kept getting the banner asking me if I wanted 125% OBC.