Perfect Day At Labbdee?

6 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

We have always found the gift shopping better at Labadee than Coco Cay.  We have enjoyed the fixed price shop with many vendors and genuine hand-made gifts.  We have also enjoyed the beach precisely because it is less commercial.  That said, the snorkeling off the beach isn't as good at Labadee as at Coco Cay.    I like the fact that Royal invested in Haiti many years ago when others didn't.  I am open to improvements, but I hope it is never a theme-park atmosphere.

Have to agree, on a few points!  The shopping there is MUCH better and you have far more choices, I am open to improvements but I do not want it to be anything like a theme park atmosphere.  I think that there are a few other things that they can do to make it nicer and a better experience, but I personally would be happy with Coco Cay being the only experience.  I really wouldn't see them trying to replicate it there as I believe that it would be far too close.  

On 12/31/2019 at 1:01 PM, bhageerah said:

Have to agree, on a few points!  The shopping there is MUCH better and you have far more choices, I am open to improvements but I do not want it to be anything like a theme park atmosphere.  I think that there are a few other things that they can do to make it nicer and a better experience, but I personally would be happy with Coco Cay being the only experience.  I really wouldn't see them trying to replicate it there as I believe that it would be far too close.  

Not having been to either one just yet I have to agree that I think having 2 Perfect Days might be a bit much.  Let people choose which private island experience they want.  Perfect Day has options for just chilling out or trill experience so there is argument that you can have your pick still.  See-see what happens. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎2020‎/‎01‎/‎06 at 8:40 AM, DublinFC said:

Not having been to either one just yet I have to agree that I think having 2 Perfect Days might be a bit much.  Let people choose which private island experience they want.  Perfect Day has options for just chilling out or trill experience so there is argument that you can have your pick still.  See-see what happens. 

I personally love the private island experience. I booked a Symphony itinerary specifically because it stops at both Perfect Day and Labadee! 

Last year I was sent a survey from RCCL where it looked like they were floating the idea of a pirates themed (and most likely extra charge) sort of family amusement area.  Sure it's one of several concepts under consideration, but it looks cool.

I'm not sure if the weird animosity between CC and this site goes both ways, but my thread over there is at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2685673-survey-from-rccl-re-pirates-on-labadee/?tab=comments#comment-58062087   If that sort of thing is not allowed, let me know and I can host the image somewhere else. I'm just feeling lazy right now :)

On 2/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

There are still chickens and iguanas running around at Coco Cay.

update:

I think @WAAAYTOOO laughed because she's learned that I'm OBSESSED with the chickens, iguanas, and general fauna pretty much everywhere, lol

Don't forget the roosters! One made it very clear his presence was not to be ignored... from behind the bushes.

• 1 month later...

I echo some of you all and hope that they keep Labadee as a different experience than Coco Cay. Labadee can stay as just a simple beach destination as it is. We sailed to Labadee last year on the Oasis for the first time in a long long time and absolutely loved the laid back atmosphere and thought the bar service and food offerings were ok. Then we went to Coco Cay a few weeks ago aboard Symphony and the food and beverage service there was far superior. Way more places to get food, so the lines were minimal and the food quality and selection was much better. Also nice that there were more options for drinks on the island. I'd vote to keep labadee as what it is but take the improvements you put into Coco Cay for food and beverage and implement those into Labadee. And for those of you scared of an amusement park/ waterpark feel at Coco Cay, I'd say it was not that at all. Despite all the commericials showing all the thrills, it was only a very small part of the experience and you easily could find places to relax and just enjoy the beach. The free umbrellas were a huge plus too.