Jump to content

Best Cocktail Drinks on RCCL


skwak
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was on my fifth RC cruise before I was informed that the Lavender Daiquiri on the menu at Schooner  was not a daiquiri but a delicious straight up martini…. I don’t like frozen cocktails so I always skipped over it… now it’s one of my favorite drinks on RC… still have no idea why they call it a daiquiri. 🤔☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

I was on my fifth RC cruise before I was informed that the Lavender Daiquiri on the menu at Schooner  was not a daiquiri but a delicious straight up martini…. I don’t like frozen cocktails so I always skipped over it… now it’s one of my favorite drinks on RC… still have no idea why they call it a daiquiri. 🤔☺️

Schooner has both… the lavender daiquiri is rum based and is one of their signature cocktails.   They also make a lavender martini (vodka based) for Chops.   The martini is personally my favorite cocktail onboard and I learned the proportions last August on Odyssey and have been making them at home ever since!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, my cruising friends! Shows how much I know… never thought about kind of liquor.. my college days erroneously taught me that daiquiris are frozen and anything served in a martini glass is classified as a martini. 🤣 Trying to help others who followed my train of thought when looking at a cocktail menu… the lesson is.:: try new things! You are on vacation and have nothing to lose by ordering a drink you wouldn’t normally due to the description… Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 11:12 AM, Patchy said:

Schooner has both… the lavender daiquiri is rum based and is one of their signature cocktails.   They also make a lavender martini (vodka based) for Chops.   The martini is personally my favorite cocktail onboard and I learned the proportions last August on Odyssey and have been making them at home ever since!

Oh, I didn't know Chops had a vodka version!  I see some lavender daiquiri/martinis in my future.  Thnx for the info!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 9:03 PM, Patchy said:

Is the BBC blended, or on the rocks?   Or maybe it doesn’t matter?   😁

It is blended.

We make them at home now too.

1 shot of Banana liquor

1 1/2 shots Captain Morgan rum and Baileys

3 shots on Pina cola mix.

Then ice 2 large drink cups of ice.  When almost done blending.  Throw in a whole banana.

This will make 2 drinks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Patchy said:

Schooner has both… the lavender daiquiri is rum based and is one of their signature cocktails.   They also make a lavender martini (vodka based) for Chops.   The martini is personally my favorite cocktail onboard and I learned the proportions last August on Odyssey and have been making them at home ever since!

Will you share the proportions for a martini please? Many thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2019 at 11:36 AM, Firefly said:

Another vote for Lava Flow with Kraken - yum!

On Symphony I was 'overflowing' with Lava Flows w/Kraken....it replaced my usual Miami Vice. But that BBC sounds like a winner. I too will add that to my To-Do or more likely my Must-Do List!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like all the frozen drinks:

Lava Flow with Kraken

Love Connection (lava flow with mango puree)

The banana one (didn't know the name)  

something similar to a Bob Marley but it's like a Lava Flow with Blue Curacao. 

Miami Vice

there was also a shot they were doing on Oasis: 2 sipper - rum, pineapple juice and blue curacao.  not sure what the real name is. just give me the blue drink!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2022 at 10:12 AM, function12 said:

It is blended.

We make them at home now too.

1 shot of Banana liquor

1 1/2 shots Captain Morgan rum and Baileys

3 shots on Pina cola mix.

Then ice 2 large drink cups of ice.  When almost done blending.  Throw in a whole banana.

This will make 2 drinks.

stop by the Cafe and bring your bartenders some fresh bananas!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2022 at 10:15 PM, Cruiser4Life said:

I was on my fifth RC cruise before I was informed that the Lavender Daiquiri on the menu at Schooner  was not a daiquiri but a delicious straight up martini…. I don’t like frozen cocktails so I always skipped over it… now it’s one of my favorite drinks on RC… still have no idea why they call it a daiquiri. 🤔☺️

YAAAASSSS!!! The Lavender Daiquiri is awesome. Many a night it 'walked' me back to my room. It sometimes called me out of my room....in those cases I took both of our SeaPass cards and ordered a DOUBLE!! I also had the 🤔moment about why it's called a daiquiri but served in a martini glass, but whatever. Down the hatch it went!!

Another keeper was the Curacao Cosmo. I got them all over the ship but the bartenders in the Suite Lounge definitely made it best!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, FireFishII said:

Will you share the proportions for a martini please? Many thanks.

Lavender Vodka Martini:

2 generous oz. Vodka (I personally like Tito’s) 

1 oz. Monin lavender syrup (buy it on Amazon)

1 oz. Sour mix (some brands call it whiskey sour mix).  If you have “sweet and sour” mix just do 1/2 oz.

Shake over ice and try not to drink too many of these!

Some people garnish with a lime wedge or a mint leaf, but I don’t think either detract from or enhance the flavor.

Feel free to tweak the proportions to your liking!   This version is sweet but not super sweet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...