Jump to content
skwak

Best Cocktail Drinks on RCCL

Recommended Posts

Hello:

We are on the Adventure of the Seas in about 3 weeks.  I was wondering if everyone could share some of their favorite cocktails that they enjoy on the RCCL ships?  Any special fruity concoctions that everyone can share?

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt is going to put in a vote for a lava flow with Kraken rum floater on top.  

I usually drink a martini or mojito, and before bed enjoy a toasted almond. My husband likes the Godfather, or just straight whiskey.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, function12 said:

It is Baileys, Banana liquor, Rum, and Pina colada mix.  Pool side will put in a fresh banana too sometimes.

That sounds amazing! I just put ordering it on my To Do Once Onboard list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 7:30 PM, DDaley said:

That sounds amazing! I just put ordering it on my To Do Once Onboard list. 

+1 on that!

On 6/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, function12 said:

The BBC!!!  Delicious!!!!

It is Baileys, Banana liquor, Rum, and Pina colada mix.  Pool side will put in a fresh banana too sometimes.

As someone here said to me once before: 

Y O W Z A!!

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Another vote for Lava Flow with Kraken (Per my wife, she thought she would hate the rum floater but loved it.).

Had that in both strawberry and mango flavors...yummy. LOVE that Kraken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, OrlandoDad said:

That sounds great!  So on the Deluxe Drink Plan, you'd get the Lava Flow, then just pay the up-charge for the shot of Kraken?

With the Deluxe plan the Kraken is included...you're just specifying the type of rum to be used in the Lava Flow.

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink

Yup, that's exactly how it worked on Symphony last month. The shot of Kraken was $8.99 + 18% = $10.61

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

With the Deluxe plan the Kraken is included...you're just specifying the type of rum to be used in the Lava Flow.

Nice...think I just figured out which drink to break in the Drink Package with 😀 ... should ordering about 48 hours from now!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OrlandoDad said:

Nice...think I just figured out which drink to break in the Drink Package with 😀 ... should ordering about 48 hours from now!! 

Definitely a great first drink of the cruise, enjoy your cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 1:53 PM, AshleyDillo said:

With the Deluxe plan the Kraken is included...you're just specifying the type of rum to be used in the Lava Flow.

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink.

They're technically supposed to charge for the floater shot, the package only officially covers single-shot drinks, but in my experience they rarely do.  Be nice to your bartenders! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although its simple, a good Pina colada was just great for me and I loved it! I also saw there was a drink that was a mix of Pina colada and strawberry daiquiri. Theres also a mix of mango daiquiri, strawberry daiquiri and Pina colada  and that just sounds divine 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, Firefly said:

Another vote for Lava Flow with Kraken - yum!

I asked for this on Explorer several times but it just looked like a rum strawberry daquari. 

What's the difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, FreedomClassKid said:

Although its simple, a good Pina colada was just great for me and I loved it! I also saw there was a drink that was a mix of Pina colada and strawberry daiquiri. Theres also a mix of mango daiquiri, strawberry daiquiri and Pina colada  and that just sounds divine 🙂

 

 

I believe the Pina Colada and strawberry daiquiri mixed is called a Miami Vice.  My buddy has been telling me non stop I have to try one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Morganno said:

I asked for this on Explorer several times but it just looked like a rum strawberry daquari. 

What's the difference. 

A lava flow is supposed to be a pina colada with a "lava flow" of strawberry puree added to it.  The strawberry shouldn't be blended in with the pina colada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

A lava flow is supposed to be a pina colada with a "lava flow" of strawberry puree added to it.  The strawberry shouldn't be blended in with the pina colada.

Here is a picture of it with mango instead of strawberry (and a shot of Kraken next to it).

image.jpeg.18efea72e5449025fb7b083bfdc112da.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...