skwak

Best Cocktail Drinks on RCCL

Hello:

We are on the Adventure of the Seas in about 3 weeks.  I was wondering if everyone could share some of their favorite cocktails that they enjoy on the RCCL ships?  Any special fruity concoctions that everyone can share?

Cheers!

Matt is going to put in a vote for a lava flow with Kraken rum floater on top.  

I usually drink a martini or mojito, and before bed enjoy a toasted almond. My husband likes the Godfather, or just straight whiskey.  

2 hours ago, function12 said:

It is Baileys, Banana liquor, Rum, and Pina colada mix.  Pool side will put in a fresh banana too sometimes.

That sounds amazing! I just put ordering it on my To Do Once Onboard list. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:30 PM, DDaley said:

That sounds amazing! I just put ordering it on my To Do Once Onboard list. 

+1 on that!

On 6/10/2019 at 4:38 PM, function12 said:

The BBC!!!  Delicious!!!!

It is Baileys, Banana liquor, Rum, and Pina colada mix.  Pool side will put in a fresh banana too sometimes.

As someone here said to me once before: 

Y O W Z A!!

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Another vote for Lava Flow with Kraken (Per my wife, she thought she would hate the rum floater but loved it.).

Had that in both strawberry and mango flavors...yummy. LOVE that Kraken.

48 minutes ago, OrlandoDad said:

That sounds great!  So on the Deluxe Drink Plan, you'd get the Lava Flow, then just pay the up-charge for the shot of Kraken?

With the Deluxe plan the Kraken is included...you're just specifying the type of rum to be used in the Lava Flow.

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink.

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink

Yup, that's exactly how it worked on Symphony last month. The shot of Kraken was $8.99 + 18% = $10.61

12 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

With the Deluxe plan the Kraken is included...you're just specifying the type of rum to be used in the Lava Flow.

Nice...think I just figured out which drink to break in the Drink Package with 😀 ... should ordering about 48 hours from now!! 

4 hours ago, OrlandoDad said:

Nice...think I just figured out which drink to break in the Drink Package with 😀 ... should ordering about 48 hours from now!! 

Definitely a great first drink of the cruise, enjoy your cruise!

On 6/14/2019 at 1:53 PM, AshleyDillo said:

If you have the Refreshment package then order a virgin Lava Flow with the Kraken on the side and it will be charged as a single shot rather than a frozen alcoholic drink.

They're technically supposed to charge for the floater shot, the package only officially covers single-shot drinks, but in my experience they rarely do.  Be nice to your bartenders! 😉

Although its simple, a good Pina colada was just great for me and I loved it! I also saw there was a drink that was a mix of Pina colada and strawberry daiquiri. Theres also a mix of mango daiquiri, strawberry daiquiri and Pina colada  and that just sounds divine 🙂

On 6/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, Firefly said:

Another vote for Lava Flow with Kraken - yum!

I asked for this on Explorer several times but it just looked like a rum strawberry daquari. 

What's the difference. 

13 hours ago, FreedomClassKid said:

Although its simple, a good Pina colada was just great for me and I loved it! I also saw there was a drink that was a mix of Pina colada and strawberry daiquiri. Theres also a mix of mango daiquiri, strawberry daiquiri and Pina colada  and that just sounds divine 🙂

I believe the Pina Colada and strawberry daiquiri mixed is called a Miami Vice.  My buddy has been telling me non stop I have to try one! 

15 hours ago, Morganno said:

I asked for this on Explorer several times but it just looked like a rum strawberry daquari. 

What's the difference. 

A lava flow is supposed to be a pina colada with a "lava flow" of strawberry puree added to it.  The strawberry shouldn't be blended in with the pina colada.

51 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

A lava flow is supposed to be a pina colada with a "lava flow" of strawberry puree added to it.  The strawberry shouldn't be blended in with the pina colada.

Here is a picture of it with mango instead of strawberry (and a shot of Kraken next to it).

image.jpeg.18efea72e5449025fb7b083bfdc112da.jpeg