nrgMike

All Access Ship tour

Our whole family just did this on the Grandeur.  Two of us had recently done it on the Empress as I stated in above posts.  It was different but still good. One thing about Grandeur is that we did not get lanyards just a paper bracelet for the tour.  We also were not allowed to carry anything but our phones with us where on Empress I had a small purse. 

24 minutes ago, Hoski said:

Our whole family just did this on the Grandeur.  Two of us had recently done it on the Empress as I stated in above posts.  It was different but still good. One thing about Grandeur is that we did not get lanyards just a paper bracelet for the tour.  We also were not allowed to carry anything but our phones with us where on Empress I had a small purse. 

Thanks for this info -- I'm signed up to take it on Grandeur in May. Back when I cruised on Carnival and took a ship tour, we couldn't even bring our phones.

We did the ship's tour on Liberty in December, thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it. To me the highlight was the Engineering Control Room and the bridge. When we were in the Engineering Control Room, the supervisor was explaining operations of the ship......the incident with the collision of the two Carnival ships in Cozumel had just happened, so I asked the supervisor what they knew about the cause of the collision. He told me to pose that question to the personnel on the bridge. I got a very interesting and informed reaction on the bridge, basically it was human error and would never happen on a RCL ship. 

The kitchens, storage and laundry were interesting, they took us into the booze storage room but didn't give out samples. Needless to say, the booze storage room had tight security. No pun intended.

It was amazing to see how busy the personnel were and how well coordinated. They took a lot of pride in that.

Well worth the money and time!!

Liberty Control Room.jpg