What Are Your Top 5 Ships?

texaskstar

Oasis / Allure / Freedom / Adventure / Voyager

Looking forward to checking out Independence in just 3 more weeks and then Symphony in May!  I’m sure my list will have to be changed somewhere between those 2 and of course Utopia next September will then be added to the mix!

This is a tough one I have so many and I love every single Oasis Class ship but if I had to choose I would say my top 5 would be in this order

Symphony

Anthem

Allure 

Adventure (my first cruise ever in my life was on Adventure and I've taken multiple cruises on this ship since)

Freedom

Why did you have to limit it to just five? 😅

I wish RC could see what cruisers put as their top 5.  The one common theme is a few of the larger ships are popular but cruisers really like the smaller ships.  I know that they want to pack the people onboard but would like them to come out with a new one for Voyager or Freedom class.  That seems for us to be a nice balance of size and being able to not have to make reservations for the shows. 

Just now, Montemy2419 said:

I wish RC could see what cruisers put as their top 5

They use sales data for that, as they should.

1 minute ago, Montemy2419 said:

cruisers really like the smaller ships

Which cruisers? Some do, some don't, just like big ships. I hate smaller ships.

2 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I agree, the smaller ships are boring once you have been spoiled on Freedom or Oasis class. 

I miss the lack of included or inexpensive food venues too (no real Park Cafe, no El Loco, no Playmakers, etc.) but everyone has their preferences.

37 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I agree, the smaller ships are boring once you have been spoiled on Freedom or Oasis class. 

What is the smallest class of RC ship that you are willing to sail on?

For me personally the smallest class I consider and actually sail on is Voyager Class which is still a fun ship.  But I'm just wondering and this question isn't just for you any one can chime in.  What is the smallest class of ship you'd sail on?

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I don't agree. Freedom and Voyager classes are my favorite, but I'd rather do a radiance or vision class than an oasis.  They're just easier to get around and have a more relaxed atmosphere. What's more, the big ships offer pretty limited,  uninspiring itineraries. 

1 hour ago, JasonOasis said:

For me personally the smallest class I consider and actually sail on is Voyager Class which is still a fun ship.  But I'm just wondering and this question isn't just for you any one can chime in.  What is the smallest class of ship you'd sail on?

Agree probably voyager class for a weekend.

18 minutes ago, Freegirl said:

Until the dreaded day that Allure and Harmony (& Liberty) finally do away with Sabor, they will remain at the top of my list. It is our family's all time favorite specialty restaurant - we've never had a bad meal there! 😋

Only gotten to eat there once (Harmony) but will be there on Allure next week. Loved the guac, a couple apps, but ordered the wrong entree (not a big deal, our family re-ordered the apps like 5 times we liked them so much), and the desserts. Also liked the jalapeño cucumber margarita.

I’ve asked others & people seem to like the snapper. What entrees do you recommend?

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Only gotten to eat there once (Harmony) but will be there on Allure next week. Loved the guac, a couple apps, but ordered the wrong entree (not a big deal, our family re-ordered the apps like 5 times we liked them so much), and the desserts. Also liked the jalapeño cucumber margarita.

I’ve asked others & people seem to like the snapper. What entrees do you recommend?

Well, all the apps and the guac are so delicious that you almost don't need an entree! But, I usually get the shrimp tacos and yucca barrel fries with mango-habanero dipping sauce. The steak quesadilla is pretty tasty too.

I'm not usually a margarita drinker, but I definitely make an exception for those jalapeno cucumber ones.

Honestly, our favorite thing on the menu is the chicken stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon - they are amazing!

18 minutes ago, Freegirl said:

Well, all the apps and the guac are so delicious that you almost don't need an entree! But, I usually get the shrimp tacos and yucca barrel fries with mango-habanero dipping sauce. The steak quesadilla is pretty tasty too.

I'm not usually a margarita drinker, but I definitely make an exception for those jalapeno cucumber ones.

Honestly, our favorite thing on the menu is the chicken stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon - they are amazing!

Thanks. I agree with everything you wrote. When I said my family kept reordering apps it was mostly the chicken bacon jalapenos. I really don't care about my entree but I like to eat and try stuff so I have to order something. I got a burrito last time and it was very strange and unlike any burrito I've ever seen (not a good thing). I eat enough tacos on CocoCay and at El Loco Fresh on other ships (not shrimp of course) so I was just looking for something random.

Funny you mention the yucca fries. My wife is very picky and doesn't actually eat Mexican food but she randomly tried yucca fries a long time ago and loves them. At Sabor she'll basically eat chips (no guac, lol, just chips), a plain cheese quesadilla, yucca fries, and she loved a couple of the desserts.

The only reason I even got to try Sabor was because my wife's sister booked it for everyone on a family cruise last year.

If you haven't tried it, since you like the margarita there, if you're on a ship with Playmakers, try the Goal Post margarita. It's jalapeño pineapple and I like it even more than the Sabor version.

15 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Probably for me it would have to be Freedom class.  I’ve only been on Adventure in the Voyager class and missed having Sorrento’s!  Eating pizza at Cafe Promenade just didn’t feel right!  

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

1. The ship that I’m currently on.

2. The ship I was on before this one.

3. The ship before the one before this one.

4. The ship before the one before the one before this one.

5. The ship before the one before the one before the one before this one.

*sorry…couldn’t help myself.🤪

For me:

1. The ship that I'm currently on.

2. My next ship.