Conditional Sail Order - Extended or Expired?

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I expect whatever decision is reached, it takes to the last minute to be announced.

This lack of a decision yet by the CDC is partly to blame why Royal Caribbean hasn't released November protocols

I am anticipating the protocols for November 2021 for our Thanksgiving 2021 sailing. I will and am able to comply with what is in place now, but my fingers are crossed for just a little less every month.  

My eDocs are all blank, @Sharla is looking into it but I am just a little concerned. Anyone else or is it just me? I did land a really great price back when we booked.

Still Waiting Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

37 minutes ago, Neesa said:

I am anticipating the protocols for November 2021 for our Thanksgiving 2021 sailing. I will and am able to comply with what is in place now, but my fingers are crossed for just a little less every month.  

My eDocs are all blank, @Sharla is looking into it but I am just a little concerned. Anyone else or is it just me? I did land a really great price back when we booked.

Still Waiting Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Are you able to print the luggage tags?

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've seen blank eDocs and discovered it was my browser.  Using a different browser worked.  YMMV.

Thanks so much, I did try this, I believe they were even blank for @Sharla but I so appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Are you able to print the luggage tags?

No, not even luggage tags....sigh....

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I expect whatever decision is reached, it takes to the last minute to be announced.

This lack of a decision yet by the CDC is partly to blame why Royal Caribbean hasn't released November protocols

Wasn't the PHE extended for another 3 months? Wonder if CDC goes by that. I just want the masks gone for vaccinated people!!

3 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

Wasn't the PHE extended for another 3 months? Wonder if CDC goes by that. I just want the masks gone for vaccinated people!!

I agree!  That was the protocol on Adventure when the CDC wasn't involved so I'm hoping no masks on board would return quickly if Royal were setting their own protocols.

28 minutes ago, Jennifer Burke said:

21 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I agree!  That was the protocol on Adventure when the CDC wasn't involved so I'm hoping no masks on board would return quickly if Royal were setting their own protocols.

I was on the second to last Adventure sailing where masks were mandated again. Honestly I was upset at first, one of the reasons for picking it was no masks. It wasn't that bad. A lot of venues were no masks required. Basically had to wear it from place to place (hallways, elevators, etc) didn't ruin the cruise for me.

I lost my mask on the pool deck and I made a dash to room for another. I missed that suggestion on the survey but a box of masks from outside area to inside for those "lost on pool deck" masks would have been nice.

Heck, even around the ship too, those disposable masks always have straps breaking.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Clarify

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I've seen blank eDocs and discovered it was my browser.  Using a different browser worked.  YMMV.

What's interesting, mine were emailed in a pdf format this week so I didn't even log into my account.  Haven't sailed since early March 2020, so been awhile, can't remember if they were previously emailed.   I know in the past I have down loaded from my RCL account.

16 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

What's interesting, mine were emailed in a pdf format this week so I didn't even log into my account.  Haven't sailed since early March 2020, so been awhile, can't remember if they were previously emailed.   I know in the past I have down loaded from my RCL account.

Do you use a travel agent?

21 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Mine were also sent in a PDF without logging into my account & yes they are still blank. I was just excited to print my luggage tags because I enjoy ANYTHING having to do with a sailing. Blank on my account and the PDF come on Royal IT get with it!

I think there is a 100% chance it is extended.  But my guess is that it won't change except for requiring children to be vaccinated since that should be approved next week for Pfitzer.  It seems to be working, so I do not think they will change it.  It would be interesting to see them remove the penalties and word it as a recommendation, which would end the Florida lawsuit as moot without a decision that could permanently affect them. 

7 hours ago, Matt said:

It’s really ridiculous that they haven’t released them IMO.  I have a Nov 21 sailing booked and I don’t know the protocols and can’t get a refund until they tell me what is 99.9% likely going to be the case.  They can hide behind it’s out of their control, but if it’s not extended are they really going to drop vaccine requirements?  So what are we really talking about some mask nuances.  Silly.

1 hour ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

Even if his is the case, the crew would still all be and generally the crew would feel more comfortable 😉

You know, I had not even considered this.  Since very few are American, they don't have the political overlay that we do.  I wonder how they would feel about no masks for themselves and/or passengers.  I know they have done it on one ship, but it may be different fleetwide.

4 minutes ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

I'd think they'd be very apprehensive if for some reason the guests didn't have masks and they were masked because as we all know, their on contract and a positive test due to an inadvertent interaction(s) with unmasked but fully vaccinated passengers could basically mean a lost of income or being sent home to their overseas countries without being able to get income. So for this reason as the crew is on board for six months or more and having their guests unmasked would be quite an apprehensive feeling for them and they'd probably not want to engage as much with unmasked guests. So while everyone here cites masks and so on, THINK about the crew and those crew members aka cabin attendants and cleaners from lower income countries. They do not have the same political overlay and all they want to do is make an income to remit to Indonesia, India or Phillipines.

What should be done about areas of the ship that are designated as fully vaccinated areas? 

1. Do you think crews in those areas feel apprehensive?

2. Do you think Royal should go with 100% masking on the ship regardless of vaccination status of guests?

How about dining room staff where guests regardless of vaccination status are all unmasked while dining

1. Do you think the dining room staff feel apprehensive?

And cabin attendants. Masks are not required in cabins. We know Covid is spread through aerosols. 

1. Do cabin attendants feel apprehensive when they enter a cabin right after a guest leaves that was unmasked where aerosols are still lingering in the air?

33 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

What should be done about areas of the ship that are designated as fully vaccinated areas? 

1. Do you think crews in those areas feel apprehensive?

2. Do you think Royal should go with 100% masking on the ship regardless of vaccination status of guests?

How about dining room staff where guests regardless of vaccination status are all unmasked while dining

1. Do you think the dining room staff feel apprehensive?

And cabin attendants. Masks are not required in cabins. We know Covid is spread through aerosols. 

1. Do cabin attendants feel apprehensive when they enter a cabin right after a guest leaves that was unmasked where aerosols are still lingering in the air?

None of us know, unless there is some crew following this.  If I were on the ship, those issues would bother me, because of coming into contact with so many different people increases their chance of getting it greatly.  So anything that would reduce those odds would be better.  They have more risk and exposure than the passengers do.  I don't think a lot of us, me included, had thought of the crew, and have been imposing our own views on them.    I wonder if they have a union or other group looking out for their interests, rather than having their situation be dictated by the comfort or discomfort and/or political views of the passengers. 

32 minutes ago, Canadian-Cruiser said:

I'd think they'd be very apprehensive if for some reason the guests didn't have masks and they were masked because as we all know, their on contract and a positive test due to an inadvertent interaction(s) with unmasked but fully vaccinated passengers could basically mean a lost of income or being sent home to their overseas countries without being able to get income. So for this reason as the crew is on board for six months or more and having their guests unmasked would be quite an apprehensive feeling for them and they'd probably not want to engage as much with unmasked guests.

So while everyone here cites masks and so on about it not being a thing, THINK about the crew and those crew members aka cabin attendants and cleaners from lower income countries. They do not have the same political overlay as the cruise capital of the world; and all they want to do is make an income to remit to Indonesia, India or Philippines so the onus is on them more so than the guests to not get a breakthrough as that means a loss of income so regardless of whatever happens with mask policies, one can be sure that indoors regardless, the crew will be in masks for the foreseeable future; that probably will not be going away anytime soon for them as employees. So even if it becomes optional, I trust they would still see it as a a sign of caring for their well-being rather than as 'theatre'.

I'm pretty sure they just have to quarantine on the ship for 10 days - they aren't losing any income.  The crew is fully vaccinated and largely health young adults - not a group that needs to fear covid.

12 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

None of us know, unless there is some crew following this.  If I were on the ship, those issues would bother me, because of coming into contact with so many different people increases their chance of getting it greatly.  So anything that would reduce those odds would be better.  They have more risk and exposure than the passengers do.  I don't think a lot of us, me included, had thought of the crew, and have been imposing our own views on them.    I wonder if they have a union or other group looking out for their interests, rather than having their situation be dictated by the comfort or discomfort and/or political views of the passengers. 

None of us know….enough said

14 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I work in retail and have been dealing with the general public since the start of the pandemic - masked and unmasked.  I have no idea whether my customers are vaccinated, and they are certainly not covid tested immediately before they enter my store.  I work in one store, but stores and restaurants are open all over the US, and even the world.

Just like the crew, there is a small chance that I could be exposed to a live covid case and be within 6ft long enough to contract it - This is the reason that I chose to be vaccinated!  By doing so, I have reduced my risk to almost zero of having anything more than mild covid symptoms - I am no more worried about covid than I would have been 2 years ago about getting the flu.  I have a job to do and cruises to pay for - there is a very small risk, but I take it willingly.

• Matt locked this topic