Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Cailgirl said:

The workers at Royal are all liars. Like most of you I received an email on March 13, 2020 stating that my cruise for April 4th was canceled. On March 14, 2020 I called to request a full refund, and was told I will received it in 7-10 business days. On March 20, 2020 I received payment for shore excursions, and not the beverage package. I called on March 20, 2020 to speak to a representative about my beverage package not being refunded and about the cruise refund (at this point it was 7 days since I called to ask for a refund). I spoke to a supervisor and he told me the beverage package will just approved for a refund (it was was refunded on March 24th) and my cruise will be refunded by April 20, 2020, because the processing of the request took days to complete. I told him that I was expecting the refund in 7-10 days like the representative informed me, but due to the coronavirus I understand. After reading numerous posts from this site I called last week and they told me I'll have my refund by April 20, 2020. Today is April 20, 2020 and there's no refund. I called and the representative said the request was just made on April 10, 2020. I informed her of my timeline and she said the request did not process until the return date of the cruise (April 10th). I informed her that the email we received did not state that, nor did the website. I spoke to a supervisor and he basically told me he has no idea when it'll be refunded, but it will be. Many of us are trying to be empathic, but enough is enough. I've sailed with Royal 7 times and now they have lost me as a customer. 

Sounds like the speech one of the three agents tried to feed me today...  What stopped him dead in his tracks was I made new reservations at the same time I requested my refund... within hours of them cancelling the trip ... Waiting on three call backs and none taking place... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an update coming to the blog in the next hour or so about refunds and how long it's taking...

We received our full Cruise fare refund back to our credit card today. Here are our details, hopefully it will help those still waiting.  - Original sailing: April 5th, cancelled but RC - Re

On a related topic:  I talked with the rewards department today and learned that if you had RCCL Visa rewards applied as OBC, they are holding those and you can move the OBC to your replacement c

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Cailgirl said:

The workers at Royal are all liars. Like most of you I received an email on March 13, 2020 stating that my cruise for April 4th was canceled. On March 14, 2020 I called to request a full refund, and was told I will received it in 7-10 business days. On March 20, 2020 I received payment for shore excursions, and not the beverage package. I called on March 20, 2020 to speak to a representative about my beverage package not being refunded and about the cruise refund (at this point it was 7 days since I called to ask for a refund). I spoke to a supervisor and he told me the beverage package will just approved for a refund (it was was refunded on March 24th) and my cruise will be refunded by April 20, 2020, because the processing of the request took days to complete. I told him that I was expecting the refund in 7-10 days like the representative informed me, but due to the coronavirus I understand. After reading numerous posts from this site I called last week and they told me I'll have my refund by April 20, 2020. Today is April 20, 2020 and there's no refund. I called and the representative said the request was just made on April 10, 2020. I informed her of my timeline and she said the request did not process until the return date of the cruise (April 10th). I informed her that the email we received did not state that, nor did the website. I spoke to a supervisor and he basically told me he has no idea when it'll be refunded, but it will be. Many of us are trying to be empathic, but enough is enough. I've sailed with Royal 7 times and now they have lost me as a customer. 

I wouldn't go as far as to say the workers are all liars.

Most of the call centre staff probably know as much about what is happening as we do. They are given some "information" from management and told to pass that on to customers.

They look at their computer and say "your refund has been processed" because that's what they see. What is actually happening behind the scenes is hidden from them because if they really knew, there is a chance they would actually tell customers what is happening. That's the last thing Royal Caribbean want at this point.

Are Royal Caribbean as a company telling lies? Undoubtedly, but I don't put that on the employees.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most definitely they are liars.  Every time we call there's new lies, so yes they are liars. The manager basically said it, so lets not sugarcoat this.

2 hours ago, Balsam said:

I wouldn't go as far as to say the workers are all liars.

Most of the call centre staff probably know as much about what is happening as we do. They are given some "information" from management and told to pass that on to customers.

They look at their computer and say "your refund has been processed" because that's what they see. What is actually happening behind the scenes is hidden from them because if they really knew, there is a chance they would actually tell customers what is happening. That's the last thing Royal Caribbean want at this point.

Are Royal Caribbean as a company telling lies? Undoubtedly, but I don't put that on the employees.

Most definitely they are liars. When we call and the "information" they tell us is untrue, they are liars. The facts are  RoyalCaribbean sent out an email that said if you request a full refund you will receive it within 30 days of the request and they are NOT honoring this statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled  my April  5-12 cruise 2 days before  Royal  cancelled, around March 13th.They sent me an email with  a link saying I could  get a refund. A refund  would be nice but since I cancelled  before  them I'm thinking  I only qualify  for a FCC. I have  been  patient waiting  for RC to send me some  type of correspondence. After reading  some  of the posts here  it seems  that RC is doing  some serious  stalling. I'll  probably  call tomorrow  and see what they tell me. They did refund my shore excursions. As asked above,  did  anyone receive  a 100% refund  yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got off of the phone again. Here’s the story this time:

March 13- requested refund (Was told 7-10 days for refund)

April 12- called and was told I’d receive my refund 30 days after I requested it  so that should have been that week  

April 14- actually processed request (they are saying that takes 30 days just to process)

March 22- called and was told it will be ANOTHER 30-45 days to get my refund.  
 

I’m calling my credit card company. I’m done. Done with a different story every time I call. Done waiting. Just done.  Never again. 
 

Oh, and they are “very sorry. They are just so busy and have gotten so many phone calls with people asking about their money”....ya think?!?  I called THE DAY the refund was announced.  Actually very early that morning, it wasn’t even in the website or anything. NO WAY they legitimately had 30 days worth of Cancelations ahead of me and were actually unable to process my request for over 30 days. Not buying it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting on a refund for a cruise from carnival that I am currently on..😜😂. I sent in my form, didn't call and continue to wait; they stated 30-90 days way in the beginning. I think it was because they are owned by a company that really had its butt kicked from a different line..cough, cough...Princess. Anyhow back to RCCI.

It is possible that the reps are not liars...playing telephone and lack of transparency is a way of life in the corporate world. Maybe those reps working from home could have been before they closed shop. Therefore they gave you the company line, it was true to their knowledge at that point. Most refunds take 7-10 business days in optimal conditions. But lets say its a strike, national holiday or national emergency....no way to hold them to those standards. Now there is currently a pandemic by which major banking is affected, plus a shelter in place which means far less people working normally. When RCCI started cancelling cruises it stated 30 days, could mean either 30 days from when the cruise should commence or 30 business days.

Also keep in mind RCCI is not the only business dealing with refunds. Even Chase's website tells you to have patience thanks to COVID-19. RCCI IT is not the best and putting fraud/disputing the charges through your credit cards just makes the whole thing worse. Sure they took your money fast, it easy to do that but refunds require fact checking. They need to determine what amounts go where. Also I wonder when the lack of...well everything went out the window for all the people who come on here to vent about refunds. Like you were content to part with your money and wait weeks, months, years for the vacation. But expect said money to be returned posthaste...given the climate. Like why aren't more people looking at situations with COVID-19 Pandemic glasses??

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day its all about keeping your word, on dates for refunds!!!if they do not keep to what they promised with the last four phone calls ,we will also start chargeback to cc, time spent on the phone ,and no reply to emails does not make for a happy situation ,like i said just keep to your word RCCI

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked at this thread. We were to sail on the Anthem March 29. We paid for 4 cabin last. They canceled all cruising two weeks prior. I filled out their form to get the 100% refund on March 13. Two weeks later I went through Costco and they did it for me again. It is now April 22 and we have not received any refund. It will be 30 days on April 28 but we are getting nervous. Has anyone gotten their refund yet??

Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of refunds being issued is making me extremely nervous.  We were in the latest round of cancellations so who knows when we will receive anything.  

I understand how difficult these times are.  I'm sure they are understaffed and overwhelmed in this department.  Maybe they shouldn't have laid off so many employees!

We just booked 2 casino comp offers .   I keep questioning if it was the right decision.   To say I feel uneasy about giving any more $$ to Royal right now is a huge understatement. 

I will say how pleased I am with American Airlines. They cancelled our flights.  I requested a cash refund rather than a credit. I received an email stating our request would be reviewed in 7-10 days.  It was approved and paid in the time stated.  No stress, no issues with that cancellation.   

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've patiently waited and my refunds have now been processed exactly as they offered.  It took 30 days for the credit card companies to get it and 3 more days for the credit card companies to post it to my account.  One was Visa and two were Amex. 

I'm still a few days away from a 4th cruise to be refunded plus the time the credit company will take processing it.  I'm expecting that one to be posted sometime around April 26 but being a Sunday it may not post until Monday or Tuesday.  

17 minutes ago, Vacation Crazy said:

I will say how pleased I am with American Airlines. They cancelled our flights.  I requested a cash refund rather than a credit. I received an email stating our request would be reviewed in 7-10 days.  It was approved and paid in the time stated.  No stress, no issues with that cancellation

in the U.S. airlines are required to refund money when they cancel a flight, plus they have received billions in bailout money.  Those airlines that are only offering flight credits are actually violating federal regulations and that is being investigated.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twangster said:

I've patiently waited and my refunds have now been processed exactly as they offered.  It took 30 days for the credit card companies to get it and 3 more days for the credit card companies to post it to my account.  One was Visa and two were Amex. 

Was it 30 days from your cruise, 30 days from the refund request, 30 days from when it was processed by RC?  Also 30 business days or 30 total days.  I’ve been told different things from RC as many others.  Just trying to gage the correct timeframe.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cancelled it on March 14. Today is April 22 I have not received the full refund yet.  Not even my Cruise Planner purchase. How much longer it will take? This is crazy I have been calling and they keep telling me will take a little longer because a lot of people is refunding. I do understand that but they said is 30 days. I have been waiting they cannot holding everyone's money.

Edited by Maggie K
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Royal Caribbean is playing a bit of a game on when something is "cancelled". They want to hold onto the money as long as they can i am sure.

I got an email from Royal Caribbean on March 13th that my March 14th cruise on Rhapsody was cancelled.

Dates:

March 13th - RCCL cancelled my March 14th cruise

April 6th - FCC email from Royal Caribbean with each of my FCC#s

April 14th - received email saying my cruise Planner items were cancelled

 

I still haven't received any refund for Cruise Planner purchases, my upgrade payment (Won bidding upgrade), Ports and Taxes.

So far only received the FCC. I would have though when they say 30 days it would have been 30 days after March 13th, but obviously not. Does it start now 30 days after Cruise Planner items were cancelled?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maggie K said:

I cancelled it on March 14. Today is April 22 I have not received the full refund yet. How much longer it will take?

I canceled on March 13 and was told yesterday it would be another 30-45 days. I’ve contacted my card company and they are dealing with them now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chris Capson said:

This is getting crazy, they basically are holding onto everybody's money as long as they can. Another 30-45 days is like 2+ months after the cruise was cancelled.

I know. We have other thing to do and have to keep chasing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chris Capson said:

I think that Royal Caribbean is playing a bit of a game on when something is "cancelled". They want to hold onto the money as long as they can i am sure.

I got an email from Royal Caribbean on March 13th that my March 14th cruise on Rhapsody was cancelled.

Dates:

March 13th - RCCL cancelled my March 14th cruise

April 6th - FCC email from Royal Caribbean with each of my FCC#s

April 14th - received email saying my cruise Planner items were cancelled

 

I still haven't received any refund for Cruise Planner purchases, my upgrade payment (Won bidding upgrade), Ports and Taxes.

So far only received the FCC. I would have though when they say 30 days it would have been 30 days after March 13th, but obviously not. Does it start now 30 days after Cruise Planner items were cancelled?

I don't received any email at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Newtorc said:

I canceled on March 13 and was told yesterday it would be another 30-45 days. I’ve contacted my card company and they are dealing with them now. 

Did you request a 100% cash refund?

 

Wondering if it is different for you because of that. I haven't been told that it will be that long but I'm just wanting my port fees and stuff refunded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maggie K said:

I don't received any email at all.

I cancelled on 3/10 for a 3/12 Cruise.  I received a confirmation of the cancellation of my Cruise Planner purchases on 3/11, but, haven't received the money back to my account.  I have NOT received anything regarding my FCC.  RCCL told me that it was officially processed my cancellation on 3/21...   waiting....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LaRo said:

I just looked at this thread. We were to sail on the Anthem March 29. We paid for 4 cabin last. They canceled all cruising two weeks prior. I filled out their form to get the 100% refund on March 13. Two weeks later I went through Costco and they did it for me again. It is now April 22 and we have not received any refund. It will be 30 days on April 28 but we are getting nervous. Has anyone gotten their refund yet??

Nope nothing not even Cruise Planner purchase. We called and cancelled on March 14. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...