Refunds

TonyK

2 clients took the refund but it will also take longer to obtain (up to 30 days instead of 7-10).  It was the asterisk Ovation cruise that actually was supposed to start on 4-11 ( leg 1 of 5 cruises they had booked to bring her all the way back to Seattle).

Edited by Hagar
clarification

On 3/18/2020 at 7:22 PM, Hagar said:

2 clients took the refund but it will also take longer to obtain (up to 30 days instead of 7-10).  It was the asterisk Ovation cruise that actually was supposed to start on 4-11 ( leg 1 of 5 cruises they had booked to bring her all the way back to Seattle).

So, they got a refund for the 4/11 cruise?

18 hours ago, basil said:

FCC or cash?

They chose their money back to their credit card. Even the rep was confused about the date, since it was the only qualified sailing on the 11th, but fortunately the computer did reflect it as eligible for the refund.

6 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I'll be applying for a refund the minute I hear that my cruise on April 17th is cancelled.

If I booked through a TA...do I need to contact them or can I go through Royals site to request that directly?

If they do cancel your cruise, there's an online form to fill out for refunds.  You will get the link in the cancellation email.  You do not have to go through your TA.  At least that is how it was for this first round of cancellations.

15 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I'll be applying for a refund the minute I hear that my cruise on April 17th is cancelled.

If I booked through a TA...do I need to contact them or can I go through Royals site to request that directly?

Do you mind me asking, which  cruise?

On 3/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, TonyK said:

For the sailings that RC cancelled. Has anyone who chose to take the monetary refund instead  of the 125% FCC credit coupon received their refund  yet?

I have the same question.  I cancelled on March 11 for a June sailing.  I am due a FULL refund.  I was not given an actual confirmation number, but I did get an email showing all of the my extras were cancelled.  The nice lady said I would get a refund of the extras (such a beverage/internet/etc) in 3 to 5 business days.  I would receive a refund on the cruise by 10 business days.  I am more than 12 business days out and I have received nothing back...no refund at all.

4 minutes ago, Tal said:

I have the same question.  I cancelled on March 11 for a June sailing.  I am due a FULL refund.  I was not given an actual confirmation number, but I did get an email showing all of the my extras were cancelled.  The nice lady said I would get a refund of the extras (such a beverage/internet/etc) in 3 to 5 business days.  I would receive a refund on the cruise by 10 business days.  I am more than 12 business days out and I have received nothing back...no refund at all.

Ok I realized the difference in my situation is my cruise was not cancelled by the cruiseline.  I cancelled my cruise.  I still have not received my refund.  I am still trying to figure out how long the process is taking.

The link embedded in this email should work for any cruise in the latest phase.

• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

https://rccloffer.questionpro.com/

This takes you a questionnaire where you enter ship and sail date and initiate the refund process.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

The last few days, weeks, and months have been like nothing any of us have ever experienced. While we know, this too shall pass, we continue to evaluate what’s next. There are many moving parts, like understanding the impact of port closures, their return to service for cruise ship travel, how global travel regulations will continue to change, and how all of this impacts our fleet, crew and staff, and most importantly, you – our loyal guests!

After further review, we have decided to extend our global suspension and as a result, we intend to be back on the high seas starting May 12th, 2020. Regrettably, that means, your upcoming Anthem of the Seas April 12, 2020 cruise, will be cancelled. We know this is disappointing. We’re disappointed too! However, we’ve made this decision with your best interest in mind.

Below, are some options we’ve prepared for you.

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.
  • This amount will be based on your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.
  • We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 30th, 2020 via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Taxes & fees and any RoyalUp upgrades will be automatically refunded. You can expect to see these in 30 days.
  • Please note:
    • If you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit for this sailing, you do not qualify for this offer.
    • And, if you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, you’ll receive a new Future Cruise Certificate for 125% of your total cruise fare value paid, including the value of your original certificate.
    • If you were impacted by our first global suspension (sailings through April 10, 2020), and paid additional monetary funds on a new booking within this extended suspension period, you’ll receive two 125% Future Cruise Credits: one for the original booking and another equal to 125% of any monies paid towards cruise fare on the new booking. You are able to opt in to refund one or both via the process below. 

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You have until December 31, 2021 to request a refund and keep your active certificate till that date. 

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.
    • To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.
  • We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

If you purchased Cruise Planner Items…

• You can opt-in to receive an Onboard Credit in the value of 125% of the total Cruise Planner purchases on your reservation.
    • Click here to request your higher value credit. You can only take advantage of this offer through April 8th, 2020. 
  • If we don’t hear from you on or before April 8th, 2020, your Cruise Planner purchases will be automatically refunded. 
    • You’ll receive the refunds 30 days after we process your cancellation request.

Guests with air or hotel booked… 

• if you purchased refundable air or hotel accommodations through Royal Caribbean, they will be automatically refunded to you.
  • if you booked non-refundable air through Royal Caribbean or booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

• 1-800-754-500 in Australia
  • 1-800-256-6649 in the U.S. or Canada

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation.

In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy, and know, we really appreciate your continued loyalty. We’ll be ready to welcome you back soon – we miss you already.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

RE: Liberty of Sea Cruise March 15, 2020

RCC cancelled my cruise on March 13. I was proactive watching cruises being cancelled all around the world at that time and cancelled my cruise on March 12 - one day before RCC cancelled the cruise themselves. I was given 100% FCC on March 12. RCC offered me 125% FCC or 100% cash refund on March 13 email. I went online and took the 100% cash refund. RCC has stiffed me on that offer. RCC admitted to me over the phone 2 days ago that they ignored my online request for 100% cash refund. RCC customer service person also admitted that they never told passengers that RCC would ignore March 13 offers for passengers who cancelled one day prior. Totally wrong ! Bottom line is that I was penalized for paying attention and cancelling one day before RCC cancelled the cruise themselves. I'm done with RCC. Many folks in same situation and I'm signing up for class action suit being formulated now.  

https://www.today.com/money/coronavirus-travel-latest-cruise-restrictions-cancellation-policies-t175235

Royal Caribbean is not consistent in their statements and what is actually happening to customers. RCC needs to make this right or risk a bad reputation for years after virus impact is gone. Report above says 125% FCC or 100% refund. RCC not doing this to every customer

NO!!! In fact, on Thursday March 26 we received an email stating basically "they changed their mind and/or made a mistake and/or jump the gun" and they are not going to give us a refund! This was 2 weeks after we received an on line verification on Friday the 13th of March stating that we would receive a refund back to our original form of payment but it could take up to 30 days. NO COOL!  Did anybody else also get that "contradicting" email? LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS!!!

NO!!! In fact, on Thursday March 26 we received an email stating basically "they changed their mind and/or made a mistake and/or jump the gun" and they are not going to give us a refund! This was 2 weeks after we received an on line verification on Friday the 13th of March stating that we would receive a refund back to our original form of payment but it could take up to 30 days. NO COOL!  Did anybody else also get that "contradicting" email? LET ME KNOW ABOUT ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS!!!

I did receive all the refunds over $2000 for the many shore excursions, drink packages, photo packages, etc.,. We are/were also expecting a full CASH REFUND to our original form of payment for our cruise booking costs. It has been 17 days since we received the Cancellation notification along with the online form/application for a full refund or 125% credit. We chose the refund and filled out the form, then immediately received the verification/notification that the refund would be coming, but could take up to 30 days and would be credited back to the original form of payment. I have saved all of these correspondences.These emails from RCCL have set a precedent and established the foundation and timeline. RCCL should "man up" and follow through with their "promise to refund". We are "simple, innocent customers" that entrusted our precious vacation dollar to this mega-billion dollar corporation that is obviously now trying to take advantage of us - claiming they made an error. TOO BAD! PAY UP RCCL!  I simply want my money refunded as was written to me. This included my daughter and her reservation. If RCCL chumps us on this situation, who in their right mind would want to ever cruise with them again. All of the extra money we spend with RCCL amounts to much more than our actual stateroom cruise fee. Does RCCL really want that future money going to a competitor? I hope not! We are cruisers! We go on cruises as often as we can find the time to do so. We will be retired soon and plan to go on even more cruises. If RCCL "chumps" us now, they will loose many, many customers for life. I want my Refund NOW, not a future cruise credit with a short expiration date! PLEASE RCCL, honor your word! PAY UP and do the honorable thing!! Salvage your customers NOW. 

47 minutes ago, Cruise Happy said:

I did receive all the refunds over $2000 for the many shore excursions, drink packages, photo packages, etc.,. We are/were also expecting a full CASH REFUND to our original form of payment for our cruise booking costs. It has been 17 days since we received the Cancellation notification along with the online form/application for a full refund or 125% credit. We chose the refund and filled out the form, then immediately received the verification/notification that the refund would be coming, but could take up to 30 days and would be credited back to the original form of payment. I have saved all of these correspondences.These emails from RCCL have set a precedent and established the foundation and timeline. RCCL should "man up" and follow through with their "promise to refund". We are "simple, innocent customers" that entrusted our precious vacation dollar to this mega-billion dollar corporation that is obviously now trying to take advantage of us - claiming they made an error. TOO BAD! PAY UP RCCL!  I simply want my money refunded as was written to me. This included my daughter and her reservation. If RCCL chumps us on this situation, who in their right mind would want to ever cruise with them again. All of the extra money we spend with RCCL amounts to much more than our actual stateroom cruise fee. Does RCCL really want that future money going to a competitor? I hope not! We are cruisers! We go on cruises as often as we can find the time to do so. We will be retired soon and plan to go on even more cruises. If RCCL "chumps" us now, they will loose many, many customers for life. I want my Refund NOW, not a future cruise credit with a short expiration date! PLEASE RCCL, honor your word! PAY UP and do the honorable thing!! Salvage your customers NOW. 

Give it the full 30 days before bringing so much stress to your life.

Royal has always done the right thing for me when things don't go right.  I am confident I too will receive a full refund within the time frame they offered.

3 hours ago, Cruise Happy said:

I posted something similar on another forum and have been called deranged. mentally unstable and the best one "If I couldn't afford to wait perhaps I shouldn't of booked the cruise in the first place" for thinking that the refund process was being deliberately delayed, I cant even get my prepaid supplementary packages back which I cancelled on the automated system the day RC cancel the cruise which was 17 days ago. 

PS I have an email direct off RC promising a full refund by the 25th March only to receive another at 11:00 pm on the 26th saying the earliest we would now get it would be 17th April amazing really. But Hey Ho apparently we must grin and bear it.

On 3/18/2020 at 5:28 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

If I remember correctly, those FCC's aren't going to be delivered until the end of the 30 day prohibition period.  So I don't think they're supposed to be delivered until the middle of April.

I received mine about an hour ago. Interestingly enough it only accounted for 3 out of 4 of us and we were shorted more then $2000 less then the cruise fare and no mention of the $2084 additional I spent on Royal up. Basically $4000+ went up in smoke. 

22 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I received mine about an hour ago. Interestingly enough it only accounted for 3 out of 4 of us and we were shorted more then $2000 less then the cruise fare and no mention of the $2084 additional I spent on Royal up. Basically $4000+ went up in smoke. 

Wow !  Have you talked to anyone about it ?  

I got mine also about an hour ago, also only for two of us instead of 3.  Also, they didn't give me the additional 25% on the FCC.  Been on hold with them for an hour so far. On the bright side it really didn't take that long to get the FCC, even though it was not correct.

I was going to travel on March 28, here is my experience: 

I received auto-generated cancellation e-mails from 6 out of 8 planner purchases between 17-20 March, I also sent the refunds form on 19/March (I dont want the FCC). Till today I havent received any refund neither from the planner purchases or the cabin. They told me 2 of the planner purchases did not send an e-mail because they were cancelled directly by the provider before the cancellation of cruises (its kind of weird they cannot send me a cancellation e-mail for those). They also told me the refund would take between 3 and 4 weeks, so I have nothing let to do but wait...

Good luck to all with your refunds!