3shar

sanitizing room

12 hours ago, Ogilthorpe said:

I read earlier that alcohol is extremely effective against the coronavirus  .... I'm heading straight to the bar 😁😁🤣

My daughter got back from China a month ago. We went to the bar right away for a whiskey night. I'm not a doctor,  but the only ailment we had was the massive hang over. Whiskey and Clorox wipes for our cruise in April😁

7 minutes ago, ellcee said:

People have laughed at me while I wipe my seat down, the neck rest, the tray table, anything I may come into contact with and if I can, the person next to me. I've also had people ask for a wipe. I take medical grade ones on the plane. I'm not sure how effective it all is but I have a bad tendency to touch my face or bite my nails so I like to be protected. Plus, I've gotten noro before and it was one of the worst sicknesses I've ever had. I haven't gotten the flu in a decade - not saying it's all the wipes and stuff but it makes me feel better.

I have a full pack of SONO wipes in my checked and a half empty pack of SONO wipes in my backpack.  I have every intention of wiping my seat area on my next airplane ride.  A benefit of growing older is not caring what people think.    

Over years of business travel across the US I often got something on those trips from "common colds" to things approaching the flu.  I blame the airplane or the nasty TV remote in the hotel room.  Wipe it down.   

Take into consideration that the process should be done everyday since you not really know with what the room attended is using to wipe your remote control and other areas in you cabin, I tend to think this should be OK but for sure in hotels they are re using the same wipes between rooms ... I started to hide the remote control because of that 🙂  

On our last cruise we asked our room attendant to only to clean the bathroom, make the bed, vacuum, and only make up the room once a day.  That way we only had to wipe down the bathroom everyday and not the whole cabin. We are on vacation after all. Our room attendant was the best she took really good care of us and we took good care of her too.

Another note when you are wiping down make sure there is some residue when you wipe.  Most wipes need 30 to 60 seconds to do the proper job.  If you are wiping and it is dry then the wipes are doing their job.  If in doubt get a new one out.

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

Take into consideration that the process should be done everyday since you not really know with what the room attended is using to wipe your remote control and other areas in you cabin, I tend to think this should be OK but for sure in hotels they are re using the same wipes between rooms ... I started to hide the remote control because of that 🙂  

I do this also at hotels and the housekeepers always look a me funny. I always put the remote in the safe with anything else I don't want to leave out for the day. If I am staying more than 8 days at a regular hotel, I tell them to come and clean every other day. This is because I don't want to come in from a long day and re-wipe everything down 😂.