mpoole3

Allure to Texas

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

Celebrity's next ship is being built to accommodate shore power connections to power the ship while it is in port.  That's not a simple change because of the nature of ship power systems that are closed systems and not the same as land power where the concept of earth or ground is fundamental. 

California is introducing that as a requirement.  I wonder how quickly all those old Carnival ships will be adapted.  When I used sail from Long Beach it was Miracle, Imagination and Inspiration.  Maybe that's why they are putting Panorama in CA.  

I read somewhere that, depending on the age and construction of the ship, it can be anywhere from 80 to 120 million dollars to retrofit a ship to comply with CARB requirements. 

On 11/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, mpoole3 said:

Now we have to wonder, will they shape up Oasis / Harmony / Symphony?   Feel free to put one in Long Beach, CA?

I like how you dodged the question and request for your source of allure coming to Texas.

Going to disregard as bait click until otherwise

32 minutes ago, TJ! said:

I like how you dodged the question and request for your source of allure coming to Texas.

@mpoole3 is not really one to post click bait. He’s a long time member here. I’m thinking he just cannot reveal his source at the moment. We’ll all find out in a few days. 🙂

2 hours ago, TJ! said:

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@mpoole3 is not really one to post click bait. He’s a long time member here. I’m thinking he just cannot reveal his source at the moment. We’ll all find out in a few days. 🙂

Agreed! His information tends to be factual. 

I am hoping that Mexican Rivera is in this years deployment!  

It is interesting to me to see if the new terminal in Galveston will be ready for Allure of the Seas when Liberty leaves in 2021 for it’s amplification. I guess Royal must have talked to the port officials and told them it has to be finished by then. I’m not sure if I’ve heard if they have started construction but maybe I missed it,

As far as Mexico goes, I think the only city I would absolutely refuse to not go to right now is Acapulco. It’s beautiful, but still the murder capital of Mexico. Drug cartels continue to fight there daily and a lot a Mexicans don’t even go there. I know Norwegian starting going again recently, I’m not convinced it’s a good idea. I’d probably stay on the boat.

The other cities are ok as long as you are careful. Staying in groups is the safest thing. If you are by yourself, don’t carry lots of money, or call a lot of attention to yourself.

On 11/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, Oliver said:

I don’t see a Quantum or Oasis class ship going to the West Coast when Royal hasn’t even had a ship there in a long time. If I were them I’d start with a Voyager class.

Cabo is a tender port so I don’t see a Oasis class ship in California. I could see a Q class Oct-April then reposition to Alaska May-Sept Vision did that back in the 2000’s Carnival will be bring a new ship here to LA in December with a capacity of 5000. 

Cabo struggles with the larger ships.  With the Bliss there they consume every available Cabo tender leaving none for other ships.  It's not so bad if you are on the Bliss but it ruins the day for any ship unfortunate to call on Cabo the same day.  I imagine the same will occur with Carnival's big ship.  Cabo really is a one ship kind of port.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I imagine the same will occur with Carnival's big ship.

Oh no! I just checked and I am in port with Panorama... they wouldn't just leave you stranded on board, right? Are the Cabo tenders in addition to the ship's own? 

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.19.31 PM.png

2 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Oh no! I just checked and I am in port with Panorama... they wouldn't just leave you stranded on board, right? Are the Cabo tenders in addition to the ship's own? 

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 5.19.31 PM.png

The Bliss bought all the tenders last week.  Our ship had to use our own.  We had four running that took ~100 passengers each.   Princess is arriving last so it will probably be the farthest away.  It's tender ride will possibly be longest.   Carnival might not starve it's cousins of all the tenders.

On 11/9/2019 at 6:39 PM, BB1 said:

I can't wait to find out when. I don't think construction has started on the new port yet.

Local media in Galveston recently reported that construction would start in April 2020 with an 18 month construction schedule. That would put completion in fall of 2021, as originally announced. 

14 hours ago, twangster said:

The Bliss bought all the tenders last week.  Our ship had to use our own.  We had four running that took ~100 passengers each.   Princess is arriving last so it will probably be the farthest away.  It's tender ride will possibly be longest.   Carnival might not starve it's cousins of all the tenders.

Was the city itself busy? Was Sammy's place packed??

12 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

Local media in Galveston recently reported that construction would start in April 2020 with an 18 month construction schedule. That would put completion in fall of 2021, as originally announced. 

@Matt Don't leave us Texans stranded. Group Cruise!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Oliver said:

So much for the Allure coming to Texas 

I think it still is. You can't book Allure for anything later than October 2021 right now, which lines up with when the port is scheduled to be completed. If you check the other Oasis class ships they are available to book through April 2022. It seems like they are just waiting to announce it, perhaps in case something goes wrong and it is delayed or to make a bigger deal about revealing it.

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I figured it would be either Allure or Oasis since they added the BBQ on those ships.  Not sure if that's the best move in the world since TX BBQ is phenomenal, though!

I thought the same thing when I went on Liberty of the Seas and saw they had a Mexican specialty restaurant (Sabor) and found it much better than I expected. The homemade guacamole was excellent. So I will have an open mind. 

I agree, @AshleyDillo... kinda like Mexican food on Liberty. As a native Texan, I'm leery of anything called "Texas style" BBQ and not prepared by someone who can identify Luling or Taylor, much less Austin on a map. Slapping BBQ sauce on a slice of pre-cooked brisket is not Texas Style BBQ. 😂

17 hours ago, cruiselife said:

I think it still is. You can't book Allure for anything later than October 2021 right now, which lines up with when the port is scheduled to be completed. If you check the other Oasis class ships they are available to book through April 2022. It seems like they are just waiting to announce it, perhaps in case something goes wrong and it is delayed or to make a bigger deal about revealing it.

Also, Liberty is only available for the Summer of 2021. A lot of movements  are upon the horizon!