Royal Caribbean Blog

Odyssey - Inaugural - YOLO

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@SpeedNoodles this was our conversation last night: Me:  So...You know Royal is coming out with a brand new ship called Odyssey.  We haven't sailed it yet. Hubby:  Ok, did you already do som

Went back and scored a bigger balcony, same cabin for both.   Double dip to CocoCay and 9 nights on a brand new ship.  Woot!  Woot! EDIT 🎵Oops, I booked it again, and again and aga

Mine was just as easy

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Heck if I'm going all that way, might as well make it a B2B.  

That what I think too 4 days not worth to pay to fly there for us. Either B2B or combine with Navigator or Mariner.

Cheapest interior is $1417 for 2 and look like the one after on Nov 9 is $1469 for 2 so around $2886 for B2B. For Balcony is around $4000 for B2B.

Went back and scored a bigger balcony, same cabin for both.  

Double dip to CocoCay and 9 nights on a brand new ship. 

Woot!  Woot!

EDIT

🎵Oops, I booked it again, and again and again 🎵

Now I'm on a B4B.  First four sailings, same cabin.  

I better step away from the keyboard.

5 hours ago, RatedPG said:

OK... what is special about an inaugural cruise?  

The only inaugural that we have done is the Oasis inaugural back in 2009. For us the draw is sailing with friends, and like @Rose City Cruiser mentioned, being the first to check out a brand new ship. When we sailed oasis, they gave out some complimentary gifts as part of the inaugural sailing (towels, key chains, etc.).

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

OMG OMG OMG - Mr SpeedNoodles said "heck, we might as well get a quote!!"   I flung "Maybe we should just stay on the ship and do the 5-night afterwards" and he's all "I'd do that".  #EatingRamenForTheNextYear

How you did it? 

Me: The newest ship is out for booking. It will be in November 4, 2020. It is 4 days cruise from Fort Lauder Dale.

Hubby: Oh yea. huh

me: Do you think we should go for our 20 years together?

Hubby: Omm huh

Me: We can book B2B so we don't waste money on the flight to FLL. It will be 9 nights cruise. We might not take N (my son) with us and ask your mom to take care of him while we on the cruise. Do you think she will do it?

Hubby: Huh !!! Don't know!!!

Me: It is not that bad we can stay interior room for just $3000  for B2B + Flight.

Hubby: Snore Snore Cricket 

That was happen last night at around midnight. I didn't ask him any further because it was time to sleep. He is at work right now. It is sad. I want to go on this one since a lot of you guys will be there but still up in the air. I think it is about the timing and school scheduled not the money. 

@SpeedNoodles this was our conversation last night:

Me:  So...You know Royal is coming out with a brand new ship called Odyssey.  We haven't sailed it yet.

Hubby:  Ok, did you already do something?

Me: Well, it's a 4 night and a ton of people are going.  I may have put something on hold.

Hubby:  Do I really have options here?

Me:  Not really.  Love you. 😉