Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

Hi cruisers, I've recently participated in the Royal Up program for the first time. I bid on a Jr Suite on Allure. Anyone bid and won before? How long before they will inform you whether you got the upgrade or not? If I do end up getting the upgrade, will it affect my online check-in that I'm planning to do soon?   

Thanks in advance!  :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awwwww, bummer! I actually had a bid on a GS for my Feb Symphony sailing.  I withdrew it when I realized that our current cabin number matched MrSpeedNoodle's birthday, and, considering last time he w

When Royal first started RoyalUp, I imagined that it was in their best interest to sell all of the suites at their full “retail” price.  It didn’t seem to make sense to me that they would hold suites

@Justice. Agree.  I bid on a GS and won.  I was notified on February 15 with a set sail date of February 24, 2019.  Moving from a JS was great.  

Posted Images

I bid on an upgrade from Junior Suite to Grand Suite for my May Symphony cruise. It doesn't appear that there are any grand suites available so I don't really expect to "win" anything, BUT, if I did, I have purchased "The Key" for my junior suite cruise. It seems to duplicate many of the same benefits I'd get in the grand suite. Would I be able to (and should I) cancel "The Key" if I did get the grand suite? I know, it's kind of like talking about winning the Powerball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kontraxed said:

I bid on an upgrade from Junior Suite to Grand Suite for my May Symphony cruise. It doesn't appear that there are any grand suites available so I don't really expect to "win" anything, BUT, if I did, I have purchased "The Key" for my junior suite cruise. It seems to duplicate many of the same benefits I'd get in the grand suite. Would I be able to (and should I) cancel "The Key" if I did get the grand suite? I know, it's kind of like talking about winning the Powerball.

You would be able to cancel it up to, I believe, 3 days prior to sailing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Justice said:

Has anyone ever sent a personal email asking a question and never received a reply...makes me wonder if it's automated and there's no one there to respond.

Never tried, but Royal Up is outsourced.  The same company that has operated NCL's bidding system for a while now operates Royal UP.   Perhaps they avoid responding on purpose since they aren't Royal.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Justice said:

Has anyone ever sent a personal email asking a question and never received a reply...makes me wonder if it's automated and there's no one there to respond.

I've bid twice, on two separate cruises, since they started it.  It's totally automated and is handled by a third party administrator and not RC and is a company who handles bids and upgrades for both cruise and hotel industry.  I was notified both times that my bids were not Accepted.i was told about 24 hours before the embarkation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twangster said:

Never tried, but Royal Up is outsourced.  The same company that has operated NCL's bidding system for a while now operates Royal UP.   Perhaps they avoid responding on purpose since they aren't Royal.  

They handle it for the hotel and cruise industry in general.   It's called Plusgrade. 

www.Plusgrade.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bid for 3 different categories in the beginning of March for a 19 May Baltic Cruise.  We're inside, when I checked on March 8th. Both outside and spacious balcony bids were marked "expired" balcony was marked "pending". I received an email a few minutes ago saying our bid was accepted for a balcony which happens to be midship......so it does happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Justice said:

Bid for 3 different categories in the beginning of March for a 19 May Baltic Cruise.  We're inside, when I checked on March 8th. Both outside and spacious balcony bids were marked "expired" balcony was marked "pending". I received an email a few minutes ago saying our bid was accepted for a balcony which happens to be midship......so it does happen

Where did you see the status of your bids?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, Bob_KY said:

@Justice. Agree.  I bid on a GS and won.  I was notified on February 15 with a set sail date of February 24, 2019.  Moving from a JS was great.  

How much did you have to bid to get a GS over a JS. I am thinking it's all plusgrade algorithms and you had the highest.  Ours was spring break and there wasn't a single upgrade to be had, regardless of bid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 7:41 AM, coneyraven said:

Where did you see the status of your bids?

I had no status, only an email to tell me the bid was received.  1 day before sailing got an email telling me no cabins available and bid rejected.  Being spring break, I understood that, but it was disheartening nonetheless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GlennGlenn said:

How much did you have to bid to get a GS over a JS. I am thinking it's all plusgrade algorithms and you had the highest.  Ours was spring break and there wasn't a single upgrade to be had, regardless of bid. 

I was motivated to get the upgrade.  My approach; I did a ghost booking to find out GS price on the same ship and time of year.  I considered what I paid for the Ultimate Dining and Voom Packages.  I knew if I got the upgrade I would cancel both.  Armed with that, it was a question of how much I wanted it, but not a full price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tradercj said:

What happens if you bid and win but do not like the cabin they gave you. For example, you bid on a balcony and you don't like location, can you turn it down?

I think I remember in the terms that once it accepted its charged and you’re stuck with it. If you’re unsure if you’d like the room I’d cancel the bid on that category. Even though the chances are next to none that anyone would cancel last minute, we cancelled our bid to the Royal suite on Navigator. Didn’t seem worth 1300 more on a 3 day cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, tradercj said:

What happens if you bid and win but do not like the cabin they gave you. For example, you bid on a balcony and you don't like location, can you turn it down?

 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/royalup-stateroom-upgrade-program

  • Can I reject the RoyalUp℠ upgrade after it is accepted?
  • No, once your bid is accepted, your card will be charged immediately, and the upgrade amount paid is final and non-refundable. For more details about RoyalUp℠, click here.

 

  • Can I choose the location or specific features of the RoyalUp℠ upgrade cabin?
  • No, your cabin location and attributes will depend on availability. RCI cannot guarantee a specific cabin number assignment within the upgraded category. For more details about RoyalUp℠, click here.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have read one account of someone who was able to get their RoyalUp stateroom assignment changed but I think that was a one-off.  Officially once they accept your offer and charge your credit card you are stuck with whatever they assign you.   It's a little safer in the Suites categories b/c there are few truly bad suites locations.  For the lower categories you are definitely taking a risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VinceC said:

Would I be able to Royal UP on a cruise that is fully paid for already?   and how would I go about place a BID to Royal UP?

Yes.  I have a cruise in 29 days and the are still emailing me trying to get me to bid.  

A few posts up in this thread @CruiseLife72 posted a link you can try.  

Read about the program before bidding, make sure you understand the nuances.  It works for some but not everyone and there is no guarantee that such an upgrade is even available.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...