Currently on Icon and someone purchased the Royal Bling Cup

This was interesting to see during out stop at Coco Cay this morning. 

I’m currently on Icon and noticed the Royal Bling Cup at a cabana on Coco Cay and went to speak to the guy who was very friendly and mentioned what he intends to do with it after the cruise. It was a shock to see it being used as an actual CUP 😲

(sorry the actual name of what it is alludes me at the moment)

IMG_1351.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Fastfaller said:

Help me out here... What the hell is the royal bling cup and how much does it cost?

Ok, I looked it up. So someone has a lot of disposable income. To me the big deal isn't that someone is rich/stupid enough to buy it. The big deal is that he is leaving a $100k cup sitting on a table at a beach.

3 minutes ago, Fastfaller said:

Ok, I looked it up. So someone has a lot of disposable income. To me the big deal isn't that someone is rich/stupid enough to buy it. The big deal is that he is leaving a $100k cup sitting on a table at a beach.

My guess is that he didn't leave it.  It was probably an Albatross around his neck.  

I wonder if a 3D printer could...

3 hours ago, GatorCruiser said:

It would seem with his wealth he’d be sailing regent instead of royal. 

The Cynic in me wants to think that on Regent this person would be just one more person in the crowd and wouldn't stand out making a purchase of 100K. I also think that making the statement I will be raffling it and giving the money to charity would be quite the time consuming problem for someone not seeking the recognition and wanting the publicity for a 100K charity donation. Could this be a publicity stunt to put the "Bling Cup" back in the limelight in hopes to get people to purchase something that would take 172 one week cruises before you break even. No business person I know (I only know 2) that can afford such a purchase would do so as it would take 3.3 years before you see an actual return on this investment. Also, Taxes would need to be paid on the monies received from such raffle so why not just donate the 100K and avoid the double taxation. I could go on forever about how this is such a bad Idea.

Don't get me wrong, those who donate to charitable organizations and those who simply hand a person in need a few $$ are wonderful. I love to hear about those that give their time and abilities to others and ask for nothing in return. I just don't agree with the need for them to publicly show that it was done. There are many that would love to do something financially for others but are unable as life is a struggle for many.

Please be kind with your constructive criticism of my view on this particular issue.  🙂 

11 hours ago, VACruiser said:

Normies can't understand this kind purchase 😁. You have to be the kind of rich where 100k is like spending 100 dollars for us normies. It'll never make sense to people that have to pick and choose what excursions or what room to buy on the cruise due to limitations in money.

Interesting that a person with this supposed wealth is traveling for a week on middle tier family cruise line. Why are they not laying out on the beautiful white sand beaches of St Barths at Eden Rock? I’m glad someone made the purchase and I can’t wait to see what RC replaces it with in the bling store by our Thanksgiving cruise. 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I’m glad someone made the purchase and I can’t wait to see what RC replaces it with in the bling store by our Thanksgiving cruise. 

Since this one was so extra, maybe they'll decide on a design hankering to the cup of a carpenter. 

I highly doubt this cup will really go for auction, because how and where would it be posted, and who would really bid?

But every day Americans do like their status items--fancy phones, big trucks, large diamond engagement rings, sports cars, etc., and will sometimes splurge for something they feel brings "cachet" to their lives.  Truly wealthy people will be on a private yacht without strangers milling about.

I am not sure I would ever buy and/or wear a RC diamond necklace, although I do love diamonds!

On 4/7/2024 at 3:54 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

Interesting that a person with this supposed wealth is traveling for a week on middle tier family cruise line. Why are they not laying out on the beautiful white sand beaches of St Barths at Eden Rock? 

I constantly wonder this also when I see the prices for the largest suites on Royal ships. I love cruises, but if I had a $30k+ budget to spend on a week's vacation for my family of four, there's no way I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise. For that kind of money, you can go just about anywhere in the world, stay at a 5* hotel, and eat at Michelin star restaurants every night.