"Cruise Big, or Go Home" – OA 3/10/2024-3/17/2024

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Shane also mentioned that the captain has decided to push back sail away until 6pm because of all the flight delays from yesterday. Not sure if that is because they have a large number of guests who booked through Air2Sea? I thought that was rather interesting that they would do that. Really nice of them. 

this captain has been the most comfortable with pushing back departure time that i've ever seen. he is a VERY good captain. (i wish i remembered his name). i am not surprised they will be pushing back your departure, but i am certainly glad this will allow any folks impacted by delays to get aboard.

also YES PORTSIDE!!!!

That would be interesting to know how many passengers are still lingering from delayed flights from AirtoSea.  

Any ramblings if all passengers will make it onboard or not

This weekend chaos with delayed and cancelled flights just proves AGAIN reason to have travel insurance and more importantly plan to arrive days ahead of time.  

We just got off Oasis and I don't think there were any thruster issues....not that I would even know if there were !  ...but it seemed like everything was working alright.

I do not remember the Cap's name.  I am terrible at stuff like this.  I couldn't care LESS who the Captain, Hotel Director, Cruise Director or any other staff member is.  The only person I can remember is that Francis is the Suites Concierge !  He was very helpful this morning at disembarkation.  Aside from that, I have no idea who any of them are....

I find out who the captain is. Also, apparently we were waiting for those who had travel delays but then later when Hubby was on the FlowRider (and I was uploading room pics) he said that he heard the captain make an announcement about thrusters needing repairs. Then later at dinner, we heard that they had divers down there looking at them. So a combination of things led to the the delay.

We eventually got on the move around 7:15pm. Made for a gorgeous sunset sail away! I uploaded some video clips to IG. Will try to post pics later when Hubby sends them to me. 

2 hours ago, GregD said:

The room looks amazing. Its too bad the glass in the shower is frosted, you could have had fun with that🤣

Let’s just say that frosted glass gives way to a “shadow puppet” show. 🙈 mega downside to the suite lmao. Will need to change strategies tomorrow. 

CK filet night was amazing!!! Do you want to know why? First of all, we had the funniest waiter, Steven. Hilarious and full of personality. I am sort of sad we aren’t eating more meals in there this sailing. This guy is fun! But to the really good stuff…the absolute highlight of the evening was what came with the filet! Normal filet in CK comes with truffle mashed potatoes but they usually look like regular mashed potatoes with maybe a hint of truffle oil. Not the ones tonight! There were actual pieces of truffle mixed into it. Omg! It was so flavourful, I just about died and went to food heaven! I am sort of sad that Hubby did not capture it in his photos, but you will have to take my word for it. 
IMG_0455.thumb.jpeg.4f015b39ec7c01f0a5af5dbb3c581e1b.jpeg 

Like I mentioned earlier, sail away happened around 7:15pm. It was a gorgeous sail away! Not only did we get to turn around in the basin, but it was just in time for sunset. I could not filter through the photos, I love them all, so here is a sail away photo dump. 

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0460.jpeg

IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

IMG_0465.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

IMG_0467.jpeg

IMG_0468.jpeg

IMG_0470.jpeg

IMG_0471.jpeg

IMG_0472.jpeg

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_0474.jpeg

IMG_0475.jpeg

IMG_0476.jpeg

After the sail away we went to see One Sky. This is a Royal Caribbean production that is relatively newer. Lisa said that even last year when they sailed in March 2023 they did not have this. It was ok. Definitely worth seeing if you are looking for something to do, but not something to be crushed about if you are busy and miss it. It was a collection of singing, dancing and some aerial work. 

13 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looks great every time I see it... maybe someday.

Same, Mike...same. 

14 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

captain has decided to push back sail away until 6pm because of all the flight delays from yesterday. Not sure if that is because they have a large number of guests who booked through Air2Sea? I thought that was rather interesting that they would do that. Really nice of them. 

We had CRAZY traffic due to tunnel construction in Miami last January...sailaway was set for 5 but we didn't pull off until around 730, they never announced why but I assumed it was due to the amount of people still trying to get into the port.  We missed dinner that night and ended up doing the dreaded first night WJ... that was the one and only time I got my wife to go in there at dinner time. 

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I could sort of see you guys on the Port Miami cam when Oasis turned away in the basin.  Or, it could have just been my imagination, but I ran with it.

Could have been. We were out there the entire time. 

34 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Oasis is arriving in Nassau as I read this!,

I actually watched us arrive in Nassau today. Up way too early. Don’t want Hubby to feel like I am an unsupportive wife or anything 😄 heading to the FlowRider now with my Starbucks 

I would love to know your thoughts on the balcony.  Do you hear a lot of noise from the sport court?  If you close the door to the side balcony, does that mute the noise?  We will be in the RLS on HotS in November for a b2b and will be spending a LOT of time on the balcony.  We plan on people watching from the back, but are really hoping that the side balcony is fairly quiet.

Linda

1 hour ago, ImADaneFan said:

I would love to know your thoughts on the balcony.  Do you hear a lot of noise from the sport court?  If you close the door to the side balcony, does that mute the noise?  We will be in the RLS on HotS in November for a b2b and will be spending a LOT of time on the balcony.  We plan on people watching from the back, but are really hoping that the side balcony is fairly quiet.

Linda

When we were on the balcony, we could hear the noise from the basketball court, even from the hot tub area. When inside, you hear nothing from the outside. I don’t know if that partition closes. I will check later. 

27 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I was showing James the RLS. He gave me that look. I was puzzled. 

I get that look quite often. I just ignore it lol

FlowRider private session (without the lesson) with Andrew & family this morning. I was saying to Lisa how great it was to have company on the bench! Hubby was off to a shaky start. He said yesterday the board here was different. I have no idea what that means or how to explain it, but he is getting more used to it. The session was an hour long. 
IMG_0478.thumb.jpeg.294fe0e822ed8ff13ee4b0a1d9b426df.jpeg

2 hours ago, ImADaneFan said:

If you close the door to the side balcony, does that mute the noise?

I just did some investigating. The partition does close. It’s a sliding door. It does not really mute the noise. There is pickleball going on right now and I can still hear it from where the hot tub is, even with the partition closed. 
IMG_0485.thumb.jpeg.8eb758ca81a6adb158509b33ca384e14.jpeg

Funny story while investigating this. I closed the partition and walked over to where the hot tub is to take this picture. I must have slid the door too far over, because then I could not get it back open. Now stuck on one side of the balcony and the door to get back in from the wet bar area was locked from the night before. That left the freeloader bedroom door. Happy to report that both freeloaders are awake now. 😁

32 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby was off to a shaky start. He said yesterday the board here was different.  
IMG_0478.thumb.jpeg.294fe0e822ed8ff13ee4b0a1d9b426df.jpeg

If memory serves, you recently posted your beloved mentioned or contemplated the purchase of his own board for FlowRider.

I believe this is a cry for help.............🤣

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I just did some investigating. The partition does close. It’s a sliding door. It does not really mute the noise. There is pickleball going on right now and I can still hear it from where the hot tub is, even with the partition closed. 
IMG_0485.thumb.jpeg.8eb758ca81a6adb158509b33ca384e14.jpeg

Funny story while investigating this. I closed the partition and walked over to where the hot tub is to take this picture. I must have slid the door too far over, because then I could not get it back open. Now stuck on one side of the balcony and the door to get back in from the wet bar area was locked from the night before. That left the freeloader bedroom door. Happy to report that both freeloaders are awake now. 😁

🤣 Thank you so much for checking!  I’ll definitely remember to make sure the doors are unlocked before closing the partition! 😆

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hubby was off to a shaky start. He said yesterday the board here was different. I have no idea what that means or how to explain it, but he is getting more used to it. The session was an hour long. 

The experts all tell me the boards can be very different which is why many bring their own. They also say each flowrider rides differently and you have to get used to it every time. I am nowhere near the point of knowing any of those differences. I’m just trying not to fall and break my neck. 

3 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

If memory serves, you recently posted your beloved mentioned or contemplated the purchase of his own board for FlowRider.

I believe this is a cry for help.............🤣

I might have been. But eventually his frugal nature will win over and he won’t get it because then he will be forced to check another piece of luggage. 

3 hours ago, LandstromCruise said:

The experts all tell me the boards can be very different which is why many bring their own. They also say each flowrider rides differently and you have to get used to it every time. 

Hubby has heard that exact same thing before. 

1 hour ago, barbeyg said:

Do you know what’s even more fun than enjoying one of your live blogs, @Lovetocruise2002? Going back and forth between yours and Andrew’s! 😁 Thanks for sharing! 

Different perspectives are always fun!!